Bit Of A Yarn

Nat Must Get a Holiday

3 minutes ago, LongOwner said:

Surely holiday number 2 coming up.

Big chop - she didn’t look !

Huge run by the horse afterwards!

So exciting watching horses winning and paying $1.10

Gooo yeeeeee haaaa go,the mighty AllStars, we all luv ya!

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Huge run by the horse afterwards!

So exciting watching horses winning and paying $1.10

Gooo yeeeeee haaaa go,the mighty AllStars, we all luv ya!

Real exciting - it makes you listen to every word before and after :)

By the way anyone watch box seat - they never showed how the team just carried out the pre rehearsed start to the minute with a soft hand up and not even a look over the shoulder .

Froze film with the MG luv you Allstars speech before the cross over so the prehearsed started not shown.

Any driver playing on a level field would of left the outside drawn 6 horse parked !

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

6 hours ago, Harewood said:

Please explain what you are talking about. We are not mind readers. Was this tonight, last week or in Aus.

Race 8 she moved out sharply tacking the legs of the out side horse . Stipes say removed ear plugs made horse shift out - soft call .

But she got $1500 fine and holiday for whip again .

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, LongOwner said:

Race 8 she moved out sharply tacking the legs of the out side horse . Stipes say removed ear plugs made horse shift out - soft call .

But she got $1500 fine and holiday for whip again .

To be honest , the horse outside her was going no where anyway, but I would have thought the earplugs would have been out before then surely. 

Virgil; would have gone very close in that without the early indiscretion. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, globederby12 said:

To be honest , the horse outside her was going no where anyway, but I would have thought the earplugs would have been out before then surely. 

Virgil; would have gone very close in that without the early indiscretion. 

Yes, there was nothing in the check because as you say the other horse was beaten. The Nat haters look for any excuse. Virgil galloped for a few strides just after the start yet Brodie wants it disqualified?

I like the look of Virgil, I have from his first start where he was badly checked during the running, last turning in and flew home. He is still green but he will be one of the best, if not the best, 2-year-old by the end of the season.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

Very clever play on words Ranga. Plenty of Red with envy perhaps based on all his posts about ATC last night

Greg

FFS Greg or whoever?

Why on earth would I be jealous of the AllStars Stable?

What they do doesn’t affect me whatsoever, what does affect, is the problems that they are currently causing harness racing In Australasia!

I don’t invest when there are AllStars horses involved as I know they are going to fill 2 of the placings!

Why would anyone bother as it is a waste of time!

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, hunterthepunter said:

she should be sitting in the grand stand if a horse is going to beat her she will knock it over just like in sires stakes final when she knocked over aloka that was going to win 

sign of a great memory or a held grudge ?

• Haha 1

Personally don’t think that Nat Rasmussen did anything wrong with the whip on Ultimate Sniper!

Didnt seem to be hitting the horse hard at all and she was only tapping with the left hand!

Nat has been a repeat offender when it comes to the excessive whip rule, so she obviously doesn’t give a toss about the rule, especially in the bigger stake races!

Nat should not have been fined and/or suspended for trying to win a major stakes race , and what she did certainly wasn’t excessive!

Change the rule Harness NZ as it is blatantly stupid having a no. involved!!!

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

FFS Greg or whoever?

Why on earth would I be jealous of the AllStars Stable?

What they do doesn’t affect me whatsoever, what does affect, is the problems that they are currently causing harness racing In Australasia!

I don’t invest when there are AllStars horses involved as I know they are going to fill 2 of the placings!

Why would anyone bother as it is a waste of time!

If it does not affect you then why do you go on about them with sarcastic posts all the time. They are the best and have been for ages. As Harewood rightly pointed out big punters who the TAB love make heaps out of favs winning cos winners reinvest and so the TAB takes outs multiply.

Greg

4 hours ago, OLDWHITEMAN said:

Yes, there was nothing in the check because as you say the other horse was beaten. 

Beaten or not, would your attitude be different if the checked horse hit the deck and was injured / killed or worse if it's driver suffered a similar fate?  Careless driving is careless driving surely?

Not too long ago at Addington she crossed a horse too early and punctured her own carts tyre and got no penalty - at the same meeting a junior driver shifted out and punctured another sulky's tyre ..... pretty sure he was stood down for 3 days.

How can different rules for different drivers be justified?

• Like 3
  • Champ Post 1

11 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

If it does not affect you then why do you go on about them with sarcastic posts all the time. They are the best and have been for ages. As Harewood rightly pointed out big punters who the TAB love make heaps out of favs winning cos winners reinvest and so the TAB takes outs multiply.

Greg

How on earth does it affect  me then Greg????

It affects other trainers and owners and the TAB!

Of course they are the best, that is the damn point many are trying to make!

It is to the detriment of harness racing big time!

If punters get a sense of satisfaction out of backing horses that pay $1.10 to win, then they are easily satisfied!

You say that the TAB   makes heaps out of the favourites winning!

You are totally incorrect There Greg, ask the Bookmakers about that one!

The TAB has a much reduced turnover on the tote nowadays on races that the AllStars have runners in, so are not making as much as they would be!

Edited by Brodie
  • Like 1