Bit Of A Yarn

Under/Over

Are you thick or what Barry?  That's not what you were asked.

FYI I think Rocanto is a very good chance tomorrow as I indicated.

We have been discussing Track Bias's when all of a sudden you introduce value into the discussion which has absolutely nothing to do with what is being discussed. Hence asking you the question

"Perhaps you might like to explain to us all how the pattern, tempo or running of a race is factored by what the horse you have backed is paying and how that helps the horse win the race."

It was a piss take Barry which you fail to grasp and then you come back with an assumption that we know nothing about what is value (bearing in mind what value is to one person is not value to another)?  

Oh how we laugh  ?

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, barryb said:

Signed up many more losers have you, fingers crossed they lose this weekend so you have a winning one. 

Nope. Just the one. I'm guessing you have gone direct to the bookmakers you have accounts with? Never gone via punters,  racenet etc?

1 minute ago, SLB2.0 said:

Nope. Just the one. I'm guessing you have gone direct to the bookmakers you have accounts with? Never gone via punters,  racenet etc?

Correct, direct to them, a few of my accounts have virtually never had a winning bet with them. Constantly topping them up, uncanny how losing bets keep falling at the same bookie so often.

I am sure you can even understand that.

On 15/06/2019 at 11:13 AM, barryb said:

As I suspected, no one willing to place selections up today.

You must be relly relly loving it over there Bazz...with like minded "so f in close" butt so far bets??

Read this and larf folks...never read anything quite as funny..but completely barmy at the same time...

"Scaglioni went a huge race just beaten for third and most of those over there wouldn't have entertained the idea. Up from a B65 in to a B82, it frightened off most.

Two previous starts over ground unplaced, all form at 1600m or less. Except... I knew he would go a bold race. Forget track conditions, weight, jockey, draw, advertised class etc.

Hence my excitement to post him a few minutes before the race as a great place value bet. Just missed but gave a great sight to finish 1 length from the winner."

Just missed eh Bazz...sounds like your twin bro

Edited by Thomass
  • Haha 2

One website that I'm about to start with has an option where the customer only pays for the tip if the horse wins.

Imagine how many free losing tips "That" lot would be dishing out...

Of course, winning is not all about going 10/10 on the card. But punters, especially when you're the one tipping them, would rather the money in their bank as opposed to backing a loser at value.

1 hour ago, SLB2.0 said:

One website that I'm about to start with has an option where the customer only pays for the tip if the horse wins.

Imagine how many free losing tips "That" lot would be dishing out...

Of course, winning is not all about going 10/10 on the card. But punters, especially when you're the one tipping them, would rather the money in their bank as opposed to backing a loser at value.

Thats becuase most punters are like you, a Loser. The fact you even made that mad statement says that you just have NFI.

5 minutes ago, barryb said:

Thats becuase most punters are like you, a Loser. The fact you even made that mad statement says that you just have NFI.

I rarely bet. I provide tips for a living and have made a good living off of that.

Let me get this into your thick skull. Most recreational punters do not want tips for horses that don't win. They don't give a flying fuck about value, they don't care about where the horses finishes unless it wins.

That is fact. 

Now... if you're talking about professional punters, those who aren't employed to give tips, but make their living off their own coin, then yes, betting for value is key. That makes up for about 1% of the bettors in the world.

You're one-dimensional Barry. You fail to see that there are different forms of punters, tippers, NFI'ers. You have clearly never been employed to provide tips, because if you had, you would have lasted less than a week.

P.S - If you want to call me a loser punter, that's your choice. However, those at the likes of the Racing Post, myracing.com and Covers.com - who pay me very well to provide tips, would leg to differ.

Now jog on you sad piece of work.

1 minute ago, barryb said:

That's a bit rich coming from someone who tried to prove backing" value" (which is something subjective" anyway) was a way to win. When the shown loss was approaching the four fiqure mark it all went quiet and disappeared. You then tried another of your systems starting with a $1000.00 bank and now that has almost halved that has gone quiet also. 

How can you expect to be taken seriously when the evidence clearly shows you are not the world's best punter yet you are quick to put the boot into anyone else's opinion. 

btw I make no claims to any punting prowess, just enjoy having a bet here and there. You however rate yourself, as shown numerous times, but perhaps that rating should be somewhat considerably downgraded and a much more subdued approach taken when discussing the subject of punting. It would make for a more pleasant discussion forum for starters.     

• Like 1

Barry's narcissism about his punting abilities is certainly strange.

I've always adopted the "us vs them (bookies)" approach, but Barry has adopted the me vs. everyone else approach.

Hardly warming but everyone is different. Barry has always had a chip on his shoulder. I just hope that got him somewhere in life. 

44 minutes ago, SLB2.0 said:

Barry's narcissism about his punting abilities is certainly strange.

I've always adopted the "us vs them (bookies)" approach, but Barry has adopted the me vs. everyone else approach.

Hardly warming but everyone is different. Barry has always had a chip on his shoulder. I just hope that got him somewhere in life. 

You dumb C, it is me v everyone else, again showing you have NFI.

I canteven be bothered explaining it to you, you are not smart enough to absorb it anyway.

1 hour ago, All The Aces said:

That's a bit rich coming from someone who tried to prove backing" value" (which is something subjective" anyway) was a way to win. When the shown loss was approaching the four fiqure mark it all went quiet and disappeared. You then tried another of your systems starting with a $1000.00 bank and now that has almost halved that has gone quiet also. 

How can you expect to be taken seriously when the evidence clearly shows you are not the world's best punter yet you are quick to put the boot into anyone else's opinion. 

In the price range I put up that would be a given that you will take some serious hits, thanks anyway Thomass for pointing it out.

It is interesting that you have now resorted to creating another identity to have someone to converse with.

• Like 1

What do you do for a living, if you don't mind me asking?

You must be a "value" to your company.

Your "value" to this thread is 0. I hope you look back and "value" the advice given to you by posters whose opinion I "value".

Unfortunately for you, there's no "value" in your opinion. You can't win an argument by name calling and raising your voice. No one "values" that person. No one values someone who is too enraged to use correct written English.

9 minutes ago, SLB2.0 said:

Unfortunately for you, there's no "value" in your opinion. You can't win an argument by name calling and raising your voice. No one "values" that person. No one values someone who is too enraged to use correct written English.

Thats rich, when you post swearing constantly at people whom disagree with you.

1 hour ago, barryb said:

In the price range I put up that would be a given that you will take some serious hits, thanks anyway Thomass for pointing it out.

It is interesting that you have now resorted to creating another identity to have someone to converse with.

Bazzy..if ATA is moi...then I LURVE making LURVE to plastic puncesses...

..you may have noted...being the scholar you is..that ATA and moi were diametrically opposed on the Folau thingy....

...otherwise I'm pretty sure he's my long lost twin...

...but that's what you get here...people can agree...then disagree...

...and then we all get some sleep while respecting those views...

...you paranoid nickenpoop...

...even your self proclaimed Professor of Punting buddy...muddygrass...thinks your dumbum theory is banging on..

...but life partners tend to agree with each other very often...to keep the peace at home...

...he's not your lover now per chance?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, SLB2.0 said:

Well SLB, for those of us who primarily bet on the tote, it is me vs. everyone else. That's the name of the game. I'd argue that the bookies approach is similar since everyone else dictates the bookie's market. I have no interest in being tipped winners or how many of those I back. I'm only interested in POT which has no relationship to number of winners backed per se. Maybe I'm just one of your mad 1% who prefers to win over backing a heap of winners and slowly or rapidly lose.

Edited by curious

7 minutes ago, curious said:

Well SLB, for those of us who primarily bet on the tote, it is me vs. everyone else. That's the name of the game. I'd argue that the bookies approach is similar since everyone else dictates the bookie's market. I have no interest in being tipped winners or how many of those I back. I'm only interested in POT which has no relationship to number of winners backed per se. Maybe I'm just one of your mad 1% who prefers to win over backing a heap of winners and slowly or rapidly lose.

Yeah but - how do determine value when there is pool lag and the TAB bookies lay off late?

14 minutes ago, curious said:

I agree, if you bet on the tote then it is you vs everyone else as the dividend paid at the end is the final result after every single bet has been placed, however taking an early fixed odds bet is different especially when the odds first come out and you have a bet. Then it becomes a you vs the bookies as they have set the opening market. .

Barry has already quoted earlier "I take the best possible price, for me that is usually on a Saturday between 8:45 and 9:30am as the markets haven't reacted to punters much at this stage,"  

By his own admission he taking on the bookies at their opening quotes. Their odds have not being adjusted at that stage by public betting influences.

Prime example: I backed a horse having it's first start right at the beginning, the bookies opening quote was $61.00. The horse won easily paying $7.00 on the tote and around $8.00 on the fixed odds. The bookies had their opening odds on how they saw the market and got it wrong. They get it wrong many times so you have to be fully aware of fixed opening odds offered by the bookies.      

• Like 1