Bit Of A Yarn

What’s doing? Auckland with all miles?..

Brodie

Just noticed that Auckland Friday night has 10 races and all are being over the 1609metre distance even a stand is over a mile!

What are they thinking, if they are trying to attract punters and to retain punters?

Worst type of racing for punting on as any horse can run a mile and leads to form reversals!

Each to their own but as a racing distance to punt on, leave Brodie out of it, and I know many others that wouldn’t waste their time either!

Thank god Addington in their wisdom has given it a miss!

Yes some will think it a good idea but if it was so popular, then why don’t they do it every week?

Just now, Brodie said:

Each to their own but as a racing distance to punt on, leave Brodie out of it, and I know many others that wouldn’t waste their time either!

I thought Brodie was out of it prior to his latest distance issue as

1) he doesn’t like racing in the north or more specifically Alexandra park and

2) he is so heavily restricted it’s not worth his while punting. 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Tonkatime! said:

I thought Brodie was out of it prior to his latest distance issue as

1) he doesn’t like racing in the north or more specifically Alexandra park and

2) he is so heavily restricted it’s not worth his while punting. 

Exactly Tonka!

You have been taking notice, good to see!

Are you a supporter of mile racing at Alexandra Park?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

Just noticed that Auckland Friday night has 10 races and all are being over the 1609metre distance even a stand is over a mile!

What are they thinking, if they are trying to attract punters and to retain punters?

Aucklanders live in the fast lane so mile racing suits them.

Shame the philosophy doesn't apply to their apartment buildings however.

• Champ Post 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Tonkatime! said:

Of course he does and is entitled to have one.

My point was simply that he wouldn’t be betting at Auckland anyway mile racing or not mile racing. 

Tonka, you are definitely on the money, well done.

Appreciate your input!

8 hours ago, Brodie said:

Worst type of racing for punting on as any horse can run a mile and leads to form reversals!

Thank god Addington in their wisdom has given it a miss!

Yes some will think it a good idea but if it was so popular, then why don’t they do it every week?

Addington aren't much better with their love affair with 1980m races.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Tonkatime! said:

Of course he does and is entitled to have one.

My point was simply that he wouldn’t be betting at Auckland anyway mile racing or not mile racing. 

I wasn't getting at you. I was just saying Brodie is renowned for having an opinion...regardless of circumstances?

• Champ Post 1

6 hours ago, Jonny Longshot said:

Addington aren't much better with their love affair with 1980m races.

1980m races at Addington are far better than a 1609m at Auckland.

1980 and 2600m are the only distances that can run on the next track in Australasia..

Auckland with the mile racing, if you aren’t handy, you generally got no show, as that home bend is a shocker!

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

2 races at Auckland and 2 boring races!

Leader won both times, nothing moves and Yawn!

Your on the money there brodie.  5 races run ,and only one driver has moved before the 800m , despite every race being run with a slow 2nd 400m.  Having said that ,harness racing in Auckland often involves negative driving no matter how far the distance.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, the galah said:

Your on the money there brodie.  5 races run ,and only one driver has moved before the 800m , despite every race being run with a slow 2nd 400m.  Having said that ,harness racing in Auckland often involves negative driving no matter how far the distance.

Defies logic running races over a mile if you want to attract people to the races.

Yes it is good,to,have variety but as you say Auckland Harness  does involve some pretty average drives quite often.

Trainers are lining their horses up over the mile, and the drivers show very little urgency out of the gate, sit back and run home without making up any ground.

Pointless, and unattractive for the punters I wouldve thought!

• Like 1