Bit Of A Yarn

New KPC Competition

No Methven! Seems like a more accessible competition for people though. Bonus the final is at Addington and not the gallops which is a minor advantage.

Welcome to the 2019 TAB Kiwi Punters Championship - a brand new ONLINE competition to find New Zealand's best punter. 

Contested over 10 Heats on a mixture of domestic Thoroughbred, Harness and Greyhound meetings, the competition concludes with a Grand Final on 15 November.

So put your hooves up, grab yourself a cuppa and punt from the comfort of your own couch. Be a hero in your own lunch box and throw $20 on the nose, or play it safe with a $20 place bet.

With a total prize pool of over $150,000 on offer, have you got the legs to carry you to the finish line and be crowned New Zealand's best punter?

Register now at kpc.tab.co.nz
**1st Heat is on Wednesday 7 August

Key Information

• $200 betting funds to validate entry into each Heat
  • Fixed Odds only competition (FFW & FF Top3)
  • Minimum $20 investment per race 
  • Over $150,000 of prizes on offer, including a trip for two to Las Vegas for the overall winner

2019 KPC Prize Pool

FAQs

How much does it cost to participate in each Heat?
To validate entry, you must have a minimum TAB account balance of $200 by 2pm the day before each Heat. There is a limit of one registration per customer

Do I bet with my main TAB account?
No. For each Heat, tournament organisers will generate a new temporary ‘KPC account’ on your behalf. A starting balance of $200 will be transferred from your main TAB account. You will receive login details to the temporary account at least two hours prior to the start of each heat via your nominated email address. 

When will my betting funds of $200 be withdrawn from my main account?
Tournament organisers will withdraw $200 from your main account shortly after registration closes (2pm the day prior to each heat). It will be transferred to your KPC account. 

What races can I bet on?
You must bet on every race of the nominated KPC meeting. All other race meetings are excluded from this competition.

What bet types are permitted?
Final Field Win & Final Field Top 3 are the only bet types permitted in this competition. All TOTE betting, Multis & other Fixed Odds options are excluded.

Is there a minimum stake required for each race? 
A minimum total combined stake of $20 per race is required. For example, a $15 Fixed Odds Win bet plus a $5 Fixed Odds Top 3 bet will meet the minimum stake requirements.

How do I qualify for the Final?
You must finish inside the Top 10 of any Heat to qualify for the Final. 

Are restricted punters allowed to enter??????

because at the moment it is impossible  to get any semi reasonable bet on anything on account!!!!!!

Good luck to everyone having a go but won’t be easy with the 3 codes included, as most people have a preference.

33 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Are restricted punters allowed to enter??????

because at the moment it is impossible  to get any semi reasonable bet on anything on account!!!!!!

Good luck to everyone having a go but won’t be easy with the 3 codes included, as most people have a preference.

The boys that won the $50k last year had no trouble getting a fixed odds bet on paying overs? 

1 hour ago, Newmarket said:

The boys that won the $50k last year had no trouble getting a fixed odds bet on paying overs? 

I am talking about the heats Newmarket!

Are they going to let restricted punters on for what they want in the heats??

Edited by Brodie

22 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

Jesus, you only have $200, so hardly gonna break them.

No you are wrong Newmarket.

You start with $200 and you have to spend a minimum of $20 per race

You can offload the whole $200 on the first race and then all the winnings from that into the second etc.

So it can amount to hundreds and thousands not just the $200.

If they are not worried about breaking them, how come restrictions on many punters are so Harsh?

Edited by Brodie

6 minutes ago, Rusty said:

I never got a response from my tweet to thad taylor at the TAB.... Wasn't really expecting one to be fair. 

20190804_215010.jpg

Thanks Rusty, I didn’t think you would get a reply!

To be fair,  they are Government employees who only have to answer to their bosses and not the public.

They are only interested in receiving their pay and not interested in the good of racing at all.

15 hours ago, Brodie said:

they are Government employees who only have to answer to their bosses and not the public.

Are they Govt employees? I am.not saying you are wrong, just saying I am unsure about that. 

The state services commission said they are not Govt employees.

Comes back to that question as to who owns the TAB?

If they were Govt employees they would be answerable to the public... and one could ask questions, and attempt to obtain information under the Official Information Act. 

Probably easier just using the Aussie betting agencies! 

20 hours ago, Brodie said:

No you are wrong Newmarket.

You start with $200 and you have to spend a minimum of $20 per race

You can offload the whole $200 on the first race and then all the winnings from that into the second etc.

So it can amount to hundreds and thousands not just the $200.

If they are not worried about breaking them, how come restrictions on many punters are so Harsh?

Come on, even with a $200 bet, hardly huge. Lets see, i am sure many will post on here when they enter.

5 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

Come on, even with a $200 bet, hardly huge. Lets see, i am sure many will post on here when they enter.

What do you mean $200 hardly huge?

I realise that $200 is buggerall so why am I restricted to far less than that Newmarket?

The $200 can become a helluva lot more with winning bets!

Are they going to allow punters in the KPC to be unrestricted or are the restricted punters still going to be restricted seem it is fixed odds????

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

Riddler, what on earth has Burger Fuel got to do with anything?....

i was recently in there getting a v twin vege burger and i noticed a staff member using the phone book

i reckon if you ask them nicely they may look up the number of the tab for you

Edited by Rangatira
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Rangatira said:

i was recently in there getting a v twin vege burger and i noticed a staff member using the phone book

i reckon if you ask them nicely they may look up the number of the tab for you

Don’t bother talking to them as they are a law unto themselves Ranga!

Restricted punters are the enemy to them.?

7 minutes ago, Counter Punch said:

Methven heat was well attended last year from memory. Shame it's gone. Heats at Methven on Cup Day and at The Mot on DG Jones day would sort them out. 

I can't see what's stopping Methven having a punter of the year competition anyway.