Bit Of A Yarn

If All Things Are Equal

Yankiwi

19 hours ago, aquaman said:

I have the utmost respect for the kennel, its more about the dog Barrel Runner. Its clearly not chasing, and in my opinion spoiling races by annoying whoever is leading in its races, yesterday it was Opawa Toddy, but to be fair, Rivalries was just as bad yesterday, both would not pass the leading dog. They are both cheats, that wear blinkers, and have no interest in chasing.

Have to agree John, 

Barrell Runner would be any type of good if it would actually chase rather than race... The amount of ground he took off Opawa Toddy and Rivalries (hmm ??), who are both very fast dogs in their own right was huge, absolutely flew to catch up to them but he should've went past... didnt want a bar of winning. Showed the same against Creme Brulee, should've run past, but wouldn't. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, aquaman said:

I have the utmost respect for the kennel, its more about the dog Barrel Runner. Its clearly not chasing, and in my opinion spoiling races by annoying whoever is leading in its races, yesterday it was Opawa Toddy, but to be fair, Rivalries was just as bad yesterday, both would not pass the leading dog. They are both cheats, that wear blinkers, and have no interest in chasing.

Have to agree John, 

Barrell Runner would be any type of good if it would actually chase rather than race... The amount of ground he took off Opawa Toddy and Rivalries (hmm ??), who are both very fast dogs in their own right was huge, absolutely flew to catch up to them but he should've went past... didnt want a bar of winning. Showed the same against Creme Brulee, should've run past, but wouldn't. 

On 22/10/2019 at 4:57 PM, Yankiwi said:

More favoritism for the McInerney camp today.

This is what it looks like when a race rug is put on a dog with its head through the leg hole.

image.thumb.png.e3566b59eb0920804ab8e8d287a01caa.png

image.png

Judicial report: 1) SUPPLEMENTARY REPORT:- Southland GRC - 22 October 2019 - Handler M Seque was cautioned for failing to apply the race rug on OPAL HUNTER in Race 13 in the correct manner.

https://www.grnz.co.nz/catch-the-action/13743/stewards-report.aspx

Edited by Yankiwi

Why bother having a rule book?

The rule book says this is an offence, so why wasn't the trainer fined?

3) Trainer L Pearce was issued with an official warning pursuant with Rule 44.8 for non-presentation of registration papers for her runners today.

https://www.grnz.co.nz/catch-the-action/13744/stewards-report.aspx

So why was this trainer issued only a warning, when the rule book clearly says it's an offence?

44.8  (a) A Greyhound shall not be permitted to compete in any Race unless the Certificate of Registration and weight record of the Greyhound identifying the Greyhound and certifying that it is eligible to compete, is produced to the Stewards for the purposes of identification at the time of kennelling 

(b) Where the certificate of Registration and weight record is not produced the trainer shall be guilty of an offence. 

The minor infringement table doesn't make allowance for an "official warning".

image.png.b1c9bc67d321a8916998d7348f2f838f.png

Obviously another favour for a chosen one, from an ex-headquarters stipe!

Edited by Yankiwi

1 hour ago, Yankiwi said:

Why bother having a rule book?

The rule book says this is an offence, so why wasn't the trainer fined?

3) Trainer L Pearce was issued with an official warning pursuant with Rule 44.8 for non-presentation of registration papers for her runners today.

https://www.grnz.co.nz/catch-the-action/13744/stewards-report.aspx

So why was this trainer issued only a warning, when the rule book clearly says it's an offence?

44.8  (a) A Greyhound shall not be permitted to compete in any Race unless the Certificate of Registration and weight record of the Greyhound identifying the Greyhound and certifying that it is eligible to compete, is produced to the Stewards for the purposes of identification at the time of kennelling 

(b) Where the certificate of Registration and weight record is not produced the trainer shall be guilty of an offence. 

The minor infringement table doesn't make allowance for an "official warning".

Obviously another favour for a chosen one, from an ex-headquarters stipe!

Your joking about the favour are you not 

Lanna dosen't make the stipes report much and she dont run down many people  yanking 

And she must of forgot the papers and you want her fined I know they are rules but they havent been breach by her before good job she got just a warning 

What a egg

Edited by Mehe

Generally, I don't have digs at trainers & that is the case this time. My gripe is with the RIU & some of their stewards with the favourtism they show &  their lack of consistency.

It seems trainers get fined in the north for the same infraction...

image.png.1a03f5b966478f4d45925a0b3211d6f9.png

image.png.aa652dcdce5edbdb6d4c97df0e0f56f1.png

It seems another trainer was fined recently in the CD as well.

image.png.8bb0213f2d0d96ecc58b4b742d13baf4.png

and you probably already guessed it, who were the stewards on 7 August?

image.png.304d1411d6b84cff40441154eee8a218.png

Yes, the same Steward team, with the same individual officiating, that issued yesterdays official warning.

It's probably safe to say a trainer wouldn't leave the paperwork back at their kennel on purpose, to see if they could get away with it or not. So what could have been Mrs. Pearce's compelling reason for not having the paperwork that the Agent/Williams team didn't dream up?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Mehe said:

Your joking about the favour are you not 

Lanna dosen't make the stipes report much and she dont run down many people  yanking 

And she must of forgot the papers and you want her fined I know they are rules but they havent been breach by her before good job she got just a warning 

What a egg

your kidding she should have been fined she is a proffessional trainer not a dummy ffs its as bad as having a happy birthday lisa cole race seriously

4 hours ago, Yankiwi said:

More inconsistency from last night.

3) Trainer J McCook was issued with a warning after failing to present the papers for GOLDSTAR LIBERTY.

https://www.grnz.co.nz/catch-the-action/13745/stewards-report.aspx

I think it's very consistent same result as lana and I think someone has already said they think the rule had been changed were first offenders get a warning 

34 minutes ago, gambler said:

Any chance this new rule could be copy and pasted so we are all on the same page

No chance I'm picking. There is no new rule.

The rule as written...

Rule 44.8(b) is listed on the Sixth Schedule (Minor Infringement Table).

62.3 An Offence under these Rules may be classified as a Minor Infringement Offence where: 
 (a) the Offence is a breach of one of the Rules set out in the Sixth Schedule (which shall be an Additional Rule Appended to these Rules); and 
 (b) the person who has committed the Offence has not committed more than two (or such higher number as may be determined by the Steward from time to time in the Steward’s discretion) breaches of that Rule in the period 120 days immediately preceding, and including, the date that the Offence has been committed. 

So no, no new rule. The same old rules that have been there forever.

Therefore, if a trainer presents a dog without paperwork, they will have broken GRNZ rule 44.8(b).

Rule 44.8(b) is listed on the minor infringement table with a first offence listed as a fine of $50 (there is no such thing as a "warning" or an "official warning", period! (note "official warning" does not appear in the rules anywhere)

Anything else the Steward may have taken upon themselves & handed down is two things,

1. Favouritism 
  2. A Steward acting outside their boundaries.
Edited by Yankiwi
  • Like 2

Seriously thinking about giving up the fight here. Why bother?

I come to this social forum, pick the RIU to pieces over their mistakes, indiscretion, favoritisms, corruption and in return get support from some members who have a IQ greater than the number of digits they have (that's 10 for the dim-twits) only to be personally attacked & have sexual innuendos thrown back at me a childish manner by those same dim-twits.

So apparently the Mehe's & the like out there are quite happy with the way the RIU are policing the code & believe the sport will thrive with a continuing complete lack of integrity.

Where have I slapped anyone around in the Mehe crowd, the trainers that they support or even the ones they may dislike?

Kindergarten is not a place I want to spend my free time.

If members can't at least pretend they are grown ups, watch how quickly Yankiwi can vanish.

• Like 1

What a pack of dick head yanking  all you do is wank on you go on about dogs being cheats now it's about trainers not turning up with there papers you go on about dogs being cheats we have all had them shot happens if a trainer gets away with it good 

Maybe you should start going on about the state of the tracks around the country