Bit Of A Yarn

If All Things Are Equal

Yankiwi

Mehe, seeing you don't seem to get it, I'll have a go.

Basically it comes down to transparency and consistency and it ain't happening!. All that Yankiwi is doing is shinning the spotlight on it and asking for the two things above and for that I thank him.

I've been involved in greyhounds for well over 10yrs from when one of my punters in the pub said pop round and have a look at some greyhound pups in 2007, did a deal and got the greyhound bug ever since. Many I say many $1000's spent!

My passion for the code is dwindling and my enthusiasm has waned, from the current transparency and consistency over many issues, i.e. the import fee, the be nice to certain trainers, $300 fine been charged with fraud, would just like to highlight that word - FRAUD

"wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain"

The list goes on where I shake my head from week to week. I still follow and watch what happening with breeding but the punt is beginning to lose interest and if I'm one bloke like that then I'm sure there is many more.

• Like 2
  • Champ Post 1

16 minutes ago, Lad27 said:

Mehe, seeing you don't seem to get it, I'll have a go.

Basically it comes down to transparency and consistency and it ain't happening!. All that Yankiwi is doing is shinning the spotlight on it and asking for the two things above and for that I thank him.

I've been involved in greyhounds for well over 10yrs from when one of my punters in the pub said pop round and have a look at some greyhound pups in 2007, did a deal and got the greyhound bug ever since. Many I say many $1000's spent!

My passion for the code is dwindling and my enthusiasm has waned, from the current transparency and consistency over many issues, i.e. the import fee, the be nice to certain trainers, $300 fine been charged with fraud, would just like to highlight that word - FRAUD

"wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain"

The list goes on where I shake my head from week to week. I still follow and watch what happening with breeding but the punt is beginning to lose interest and if I'm one bloke like that then I'm sure there is many more.

I agree 100% ,I’m just about on same boat..Like to have a bet even got fellow punters getting turned off by the bullshit......The grass roots people need to be seen?...The only faith I have is the SPCA and what happens? ?

Lad I well and truly get it

what I get sick of is yanking coming on here and going on about people forgetting there papers and not been fined when others  have been fined who cares 

The stipes have been very consistent on first time offenders of this rule

Look gambler I never said it was a new rule someone else did and I'm thinking that person is right 

But old yanking cant get that into his head 

When he had his own site if you didnt agree with him he would block you well he cant here 

And he is a broken record 

2 hours ago, Mehe said:

Where have they done this with first time offenders 

Three simple question for you Mehe.

1. What is the number of this new first time offender rule?
  2. What is the rule number that states the RIU can issue a "warning" (or "formal warning") instead of setting a fine from the minor infringement table (if that rule is there) or sending the charge to the JCA, no matter what the infraction was?
  3. What rule number says the RIU can investigate and "deem" that a trainer was in breach of one rule, yet charge that offence under another rule which was on the minor infringement table, for the ease of the RIU, the trainer & the JCA?

Trainer Mr P Ferguson Stewards deemed Mr Ferguson to have breached GRNZ Rule 62.1(i) in that he nominated THRILLING BILLY in a fraudulent, misleading or deceptive description. After assessing all of the evidence and taking into account Mr Ferguson's admission of the breach along with his previously clear record, Stewards issued him with a charge under GRNZ Rule 62.1(cc) with a $300.00 fine being imposed.

The RIU are not the judge & jury, the JCA is...

The RIU are out of control & they have been for a long time.

You'll never read a police report that says a driver was deemed to be driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, yet they issued them with a $300 citation for speeding.

Edited by Yankiwi
  • Like 4

34 minutes ago, Mehe said:

What are you on about far from my cousin 

If she never bought her papers or the other two they will be fined get over yourself gambler 

The rules apply to one and all ,the judgement should be the same for all.Anything other than that could be deemed favouritism 

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

2. What is the rule number that states the RIU can issue a "warning" (or "formal warning") instead of setting a fine from the minor infringement table (if that rule is there) or sending the charge to the JCA, no matter what the infraction was?
  3. What rule number says the RIU can investigate and "deem" that a trainer was in breach of one rule, yet charge that offence under another rule which was on the minor infringement table, for the ease of the RIU, the trainer & the JCA?

29 minutes ago, Yankiwi said:

Your a fuck wit yanking now you must have blisters now because your doing it very hard it wasnt me who said there is a new rule can you read that 

But the way the 3 people got warnings in different parts of the country tells me maybe that other person is correct so you understand that yanking

Grnz is the only industry ive ever been in where those in charge use their magic wands instead of applying the actual rule book. Its a joke and not even a funny one. What use is a rule book if half the rules are just ignored anyway?

This is not having a go at any particular person or favouritism of  a person imo, its the fact the stipes are to inept to deal with problems in an official way and this has been going on for years

Edited by BitofaLegend
  • Like 1

Perhaps someone could clear it up by asking a Stipe next time they are at a race meeting, I will do so myself when next in attendance as I would like to know for sure but I seem to remember someone mentioning that the RIU were using the same guidelines as the other two codes as of 1st October?  I’m not sure if it is “first offence” or “no offence within 120 days” you will receive a warning.  I think it’s reasonable - everyone makes mistakes, everyone forgets to catch a dog or is a few minutes late to kennel once in a while.

Clearly this is not for major infringements ie Field manipulation or blatant dishonesty  - for that holidays should be handed out every time.

• Like 2