Bit Of A Yarn

If All Things Are Equal

Yankiwi

Yankiwi and aquaman thank you for your insights. What I picked up in that is that aquaman is a former or current greyhound trainer. I view a greyhound as an athlete. They are dogs that are expected to perform at there best physical ability when required by there trainer. As like a human athlete the rigors of competition or training can put strain stress on muscles etc. To be able to recheck a dog if you believe it is injury free after a vet has inforced a stand down to that dog is something I believe to be fair to do as that not all muscle soreness is an injury. For example yankiwi. Today you might walk into the side of a table and bang your thigh. You may have a limp for a few hours. If you where a greyhound and got sent to the vet straight away and he pushed on it you wouldn't be happy. But tomorrow you touch you leg and it's only tender and the following day it's all good. So you don't have an injury you just have a sore point on your body. So in my view it's not a corruption or integrity by a vet it's a person making an on the spot decision with the evidence they have in front of them. So why cant a trainer get a decision over turned and race there dog the following week or less? Do you agree aquaman. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, White girl wasted said:

Yankiwi and aquaman thank you for your insights. What I picked up in that is that aquaman is a former or current greyhound trainer. I view a greyhound as an athlete. They are dogs that are expected to perform at there best physical ability when required by there trainer. As like a human athlete the rigors of competition or training can put strain stress on muscles etc. To be able to recheck a dog if you believe it is injury free after a vet has inforced a stand down to that dog is something I believe to be fair to do as that not all muscle soreness is an injury. For example yankiwi. Today you might walk into the side of a table and bang your thigh. You may have a limp for a few hours. If you where a greyhound and got sent to the vet straight away and he pushed on it you wouldn't be happy. But tomorrow you touch you leg and it's only tender and the following day it's all good. So you don't have an injury you just have a sore point on your body. So in my view it's not a corruption or integrity by a vet it's a person making an on the spot decision with the evidence they have in front of them. So why cant a trainer get a decision over turned and race there dog the following week or less? Do you agree aquaman. 

The dog didn't bang it's leg.

The dog won the race even though it only half heartedly tried. The dog continued on & was first to the lure. The dog had no noticeable limp while being walked away from the catching area for as long as the replay is shown, In fact it was happily wagging its tail. Seems to me like it thought it had a good day out on the track playing with its mates.

If a human pulls a Gracilis during a 100m dash they don't go on to win the race, continue on jogging for another 30m in a slowing down period, then get interviewed for the next couple of minutes by a reporter standing straight up with a smile on there face.

The dog wasn't injured during the race. The dog wasn't feeling pain immediately after the race. The dogs Gracilis muscle had no bearing on whether the dog pursued the lure or not. The dog ran a dodgy race which is against the rules & should suffer the consequence for it.

Who's not to say the athlete hadnt torn a hamstring two years ago and was feeling tight and sore in it after the race but had just won the gold medal and had obligations saying he had to talk to the media. Dogs have won races and torn a gracilis during it. That all depends on the grade of the tear. Not every tear is a complete rip of the muscle. Some can be very small but still causes bleeding within the muscle itself which causes bruising and swelling under the skin. I can see your point in what your saying about the dog and the gracilis. It didn't effect its performance. But what I've been saying is that rules are rules and he got of on a technicality of those rules. Sometimes the rule helps a trainer and dog and sometimes it doesnt

1 hour ago, White girl wasted said:

Yes, a trainer can get a raceday standown recinded if found the Vet has made a wrong prognosis, which does happen from time to time. Example, bitch in season, then found not to be, or pain somewhere after a race, then you get home and recheck next day, and its all gone, these things happen, and Vets are not infallible. The rules allow for a second opinion, and standowns can be shortened or overturned altogether by representing the dog to the Vet.

In the case of this dog, I agree with Yankiwi, it should of got a holiday because it clearly turned its head, but because it got lucky with the Vet detecting what was probably an historic injury, it escaped the penalty it was due. I do not see anything sinister in this, but rather the dog and trainer got lucky on this occasion. If the Stipes were doing their job, this old historic injury should of been noted. The dog will probably do it again, so the need to be aware of the history.

2 hours ago, aquaman said:

In the case of this dog, I agree with Yankiwi, it should of got a holiday because it clearly turned its head, but because it got lucky with the Vet detecting what was probably an historic injury, it escaped the penalty it was due. 

https://www.grnz.co.nz/greyhounds/profiles.aspx?AnimalID=32705

11/01/2019 - Just over a year ago.

https://www.grnz.co.nz/catch-the-action/13369/stewards-report.aspx

DYNA DIODE (1) - faltered around the first bend and failed to complete the race. Assessed by vet and found to have a torn gracilis muscle.

Dyna Diode Rule 56.1 from 11 Jan 2019 to 07 Feb 2019

3 hours ago, Mehe said:

Yanking go look at race 2 wanganui  8thJanuary your eyes never picked that one up 

Good spotting.

The #3 looks like it might have pulled a Gracilis muscle for a few strides in the first corner & didn't even get a mention n the stewards report.

On 3/02/2020 at 5:15 PM, Mehe said:

I'm talking about the cheating 5 dog lol it got a stand down for a serious injury 

If you read the stipes report you will see what I'm saying 

Happy new year to you Mehe. I write this post not as a criticism of your words but as a correction. Dogs don't cheat, people do. While a dog's mannerisms can cause angst to many, the dog is just displaying its natural behaviour. Unfortunately, that behaviour can alter a probable result or worse, cause injury physical and mental to others. In saying that, I am often bewildered by what I read in stipendiary reports. The number of offenders that run faster than the rest of the field while sustaining serious injuries that would see any other dog tail the field by lengths, is extremely contentious. As an aside I am curious. How does one alter deviant racing behaviour? And, are there actual stats regarding success rates?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

https://www.grnz.co.nz/catch-the-action/13903/stewards-report.aspx

2) Handler M Seque was issued cautioned after inadvertently placing MITCHAM USAIN in the wrong box prior to Race 8 causing a slight delay while this was rectified.

But Top Dog, what about the GRNZ rule you've ignored by allowing the corrective action?

48.12 Once a Greyhound has been placed in a starting box, its position in the box shall not be allowed to be corrected by any Person. 

Just doing things whatever way you see fit. No one will ever notice, right?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Yankiwi said:

2) Handler M Seque was issued cautioned after inadvertently placing MITCHAM USAIN in the wrong box prior to Race 8 causing a slight delay while this was rectified.

But Top Dog, what about the GRNZ rule you've ignored by allowing the corrective action?

48.12 Once a Greyhound has been placed in a starting box, its position in the box shall not be allowed to be corrected by any Person. 

Just doing things whatever way you see fit. No one will ever notice, right?

17 hours ago, Yankiwi said:

What a bizarre pointless rule!!!      So if dog drawn Box 2 is on first to box list,and handler places dog into Box 1...What Happens!!                 

18 hours ago, Yankiwi said:

Just doing things whatever way you see fit. No one will ever notice, 

well spotted. Have a look at Race 1 Addington 3rd March number 8 and tell me it didnt fail to persue.... bit of a joke..unbelievable really that they get away with such shit.... Ashley is a very capable trainer but she has led a very charmed existence as far as getting away with FTP in the past.

• 2 months later...

Seems FTP is still being ignored by the RIU.

Why's the #9 have a different posture than the rest of the dogs?

image001.jpg.a8bfaaf53a9a58c7a327517faabc2e11.jpg

Because the #9 isn't chasing the lure, it's trying to play with the #6.

image003.jpg.8357a98bfdb8897b96cbeab0590458d1.jpg

image0031.jpg.f330b60e71c86e2ea300eb170d6644a2.jpg

Yeah I know, dogs will be dogs. The question is when Stewards will become Stewards, especially the new top dog?

It doesn't get much more obvious than in this example.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mehe said:

What about the very first race at Christchurch on Tuesday did the 2 have ago or not

Yes, pretty obvious to us out here, but not to the Racing Idiot Unit. Hard to believe dog got away with it, clearly turns it head final bend.

18 minutes ago, Mehe said:

What about the very first race at Christchurch on Tuesday did the 2 have ago or not

Undoubtedly the #2 did have a go.

Top dog should start looking for a property in Taupo. Evidence is continuing to form that all trainers are no being treated equally, not even remotely.

He is under the watchful eye of more than just myself.

https://www.grnz.co.nz/catch-the-action/13981/stewards-report.aspx

2). Handler J McInereny Jnr was cautioned in regards to what is expected from him in future when handling greyhounds while Covid -19 restrictions are in place.

How did Jr breach the safety protocol 8 times last night (as depicted in another thread) and get a mention in the Stewards report? Were the first 7 infraction conveniently missed and only picked up on from his actions the 12th race? Really?

Why weren't his actions corrected after the first race, if the crooked top dog wanted to be nice about it?