Bit Of A Yarn

If All Things Are Equal

Yankiwi

Tuesdays lineup.

image.png.b0ef7750cd7e84b0725d14fd9ebd8952.png

image.thumb.png.26e9445f1d26713a2c64e41e9e718244.png

After Tuesdays race, this #3 should have been on a holiday before todays Addington card, where it got to have a chomp or two of what it was looking to have a chomp on.

Todays replay wearing the #5 rug.

It'll be interesting to see who's policing today & whether this dog escapes FTP/Marring charges twice in three days.

Hmmmm

https://www.grnz.co.nz/catch-the-action/13788/stewards-report.aspx

image.png.40fd45bac83a036df9f1b7e508456c93.png

This blind man is now on my register of corrupt Stewards.

He's showing some severe favoritism towards this dogs kennel.

The exact same dog let loose to play twice in one week.

Not good enough...

Open your eyes to the obvious Taunto or start thinking about shopping for a property in Taupo.

Hmmmm

https://www.grnz.co.nz/catch-the-action/13788/stewards-report.aspx

image.png.40fd45bac83a036df9f1b7e508456c93.png

This blind man is now on my register of corrupt Stewards.

He's showing some severe favoritism towards this dogs kennel.

The exact same dog let loose to play twice in one week.

Not good enough...

Open your eyes to the obvious Taunto or start thinking about shopping for a property in Taupo.

Harsh, can't see that one? I generally agree with most of your calls mate, I'm far from qualified to comment really. Most head turning cheaters finish 2nd by 1/2 length! I Remember looking to buy dogs from Aus and they had 12 starts for 10 2nds beaten by half length everytime, definitely a cheat! 

6 hours ago, Whatever Goes said:

I Remember looking to buy dogs from Aus and they had 12 starts for 10 2nds beaten by half length everytime, definitely a cheat! 

Welcome to the forum.

There's more than one kind of non-chaser.

• Racers - Not all that interested in the lure. More interested in running WITH the pack, usually as far forward as they can be but rarely lead by more than a head. They do not want to be the leader of the pack but even more importantly (to them) not last. Not always head turners. Easily spotted when coming up to challenge for the lead at knots pace but once beside the leader matches it's speed. Pick the right time when you punt these dogs in the fixed place market & you'll never have to worry about the price of petrol. Generally would make a great pet & full of personality after being retired from racing.
  • Fighters - Head turning, marring, territorial, top of the food chain dogs that should not be on the track. They can ruin honest dogs by sucking the confidence out of them. I remember one of these a while back that had to be late scratched because the trainer was unable to remove it from the vehicle they brought it to the track in for safety reasons!

6 hours ago, Whatever Goes said:

Harsh, can't see that one?

Strike #1

image.thumb.png.ecce3c735a7f4c76fc82325b8963c189.png

Strike #2

image.thumb.png.3c39d73f712571dc0330471fa14075d6.png

Braille, gutless, possibly corrupt Stewards report.

image.png.6fc8cf0b72583c0f05f8e17993c50cf5.png  

• Champ Post 1

Footnote for the haters.

• No, I'm not picking on the dog, owner or trainer. The dog did what it did & that is always going to happen in this sport. I get that!
  • Yes, I am targeting the very poor decision by the exact same Steward to let this dog go uncharged for the actions it displayed twice in four days time. I understand people (Stewards) can make mistakes. But to make the same mistake twice in a week with the very same dog, trainer & owner, this suggest to me there was no mistake made whatsoever. I'm suggesting it was done as a deliberate act on the part of the Steward to turn a blind eye to the situations because of either favoritism or corruption.

I believe their are two, possibly three current Stewards that needs so further scrutiny placed upon them. Top dog (previously documented), Taunto (documented here) & one other yet to be nick-named CD Steward (ex-headquarters) that generally is spotted in the reports working along side with Mike Austin (who thus far have no issues whatsoever with his officiating).

Guest CrossCodes

How Sweet Dreaming in race 6 got away without getting a ticket for turning its head on the same day beggars belief. 

The head on shot of the dogs coming up the straight clearly showed the dog turning its head, footage the Stipe on the day would have seen.

How he missed it I don’t know, it’s time maybe some of the stipes are breath tested on the day maybe......

22 hours ago, CrossCodes said:

How Sweet Dreaming in race 6 got away without getting a ticket for turning its head on the same day beggars belief. 

image.thumb.png.dba9b9b7d45072002be0e09fbefe5203.png

I see exactly what you mean.

With all the maiden activity going on in the home straight, Taunto clearly overlooked the #7 easing off to try to rub muzzles with the #6.

That makes at least 3 in only two race meetings for Taunto. Maybe he's the one that should get the enforced holiday.

Guest CrossCodes

Judicial report: SUPPLEMENTARY REPORT - Christchurch GRC 6 December - Race 6 -- SWEET DREAMING (R Blackburn) was stood down to complete a Satisfactory Trial. JUDICIAL - 1) REPLICA RANGO (B Pringle) was an authorised late scratching at 9am due to road closures. It was noted that due to a lack of communication available in the Geraldine area Mr Pringle had been unable to contact the Club by the 7.30am scratching time. 2) HENDRIX BALE (C Roberts) was stood down for 28 days for Failing to Pursue the Lure during Race 2. 3) Trainer M Dempsey was issued with a warning in relation to the dress code. Stipendiary Stewards report as posted is provisional and subject to further review and amendment. Last updated 9 December 2019 at 3.40pm

So third time wasn’t the charm for this repeat offender today, it was always just a matter of time, although it should have not got past its maiden win without a holiday.

And they clearly read this forum as Sweet Dreaming has subsequent to Friday’s run now deemed to have earned a suspension.

Its pretty sad when we have to do the stipes job for them, they clearly are either not up to the job, or just don’t care.

On 7/12/2019 at 3:50 PM, CrossCodes said:

The head on shot of the dogs coming up the straight clearly showed the dog turning its head, footage the Stipe on the day would have seen.

How he missed it I don’t know, it’s time maybe some of the stipes are breath tested on the day maybe......

Do they drug test Stewards?.

• 1 month later...
On 7/12/2019 at 8:07 AM, Yankiwi said:

& one other yet to be nick-named CD Steward (ex-headquarters) that generally is spotted in the reports working along side with Mike Austin (who thus far have no issues whatsoever with his officiating).

At what point the #4 tear a gracilis muscle during this race?

https://www.grnz.co.nz/catch-the-action/13844/stewards-report.aspx

DYNA DIODE (4) - turned it's head towards BIG TIME JONIE for 2-3 strides entering the home straight, without making muzzle contact, however did bump BIG TIME JONIE, shortly after. Charged pursuant with Rule 55.1(b) in that it failed to pursue the lure for the entirety of the event when voluntarily turning its head outwards. A post race veterinary examination was carried out which revealed right gracilis muscle tear with the failing to pursue charge not imposed, but required to complete a satisfactory trial.

I suppose it's not really a surprise after seeing the corrupt lead steward & vets names at the bottom of the report.

I thought you might be missing me Mehe.

I've never seen a dog that torn a Gracilis during a race be first to the lure. Usually they look somewhat similar to dogs that have broken a hock.

image.thumb.png.afa33e5dc9d760f69c6d7b56aa6f969a.png

If the dog has a torn Gracilis, then it didn't happen during that race.

If the vet wasn't corrupt & had integrity, then the dog would have been charged for FTP as it should have been. Instead he took it upon himself to circumvent the GRNZ rules because of a favouritism or some form of pay-out, be it money or something else entirely.

If that's not the case, then Trackside has edited the video to make it look like dog ran injury free after having suffered a very serious injury.

Have a great day in your lullaby world Mehe.

After watching that race I have to say, what a tremendous effort by the winning dog to be headed, come again and turn its head, and then go on to win the race impressively, all this with a torn gracilis.muscle. Must say though, not the worst case of head turning that we witness on ever frequent occasions from around the country. My opinion, because dog was only just starting career, a warning could have sufficed. I do not believe the gracilis played any factor in the dogs victory.

1 hour ago, Mehe said:

I hope the trainer and the vet take this further

Something is obviously not right.

Who suggested "trainer"? That is your term. Maybe they should be looking at you.

If anything, I hope Godber takes it further because either the Vet, the Steward or both of them have openly displayed an act of corruption. However I won't be holding my breath. Godber has repeatedly shown he's only there for the pay-packet or title & not integrity.

My question is to yankiwi. I like the fact I have no idea who you are. You may be a trainer or a trainers wife or husband or just a lover of the sport we call greyhound racing. But I'd like to ask you something. If you were the trainer of dyna diode would have you excepted the vets decision of 28 days+ or would have you knocked on the door of the stipes office and said I do not except what the vet has said and i will represent my dog in the following days to another vet. I think deep down you would except the decision and say phew got away with that one. What I believe has happened is that the dog would have most likely had an old tear or hole in the gracilis muscle from a previous injury. Which after cooling down was touch sore. A vet can only examine what is in front of him or her. They have no record or knowledge of previous injuries to a dog. So in his overview to what's in front of them dyna diode has a gracilis tear. Yes the dog was naughty that is clear to see but sometimes in life the rules can give you a get out of free jail card. So I'm interested in what you would have done if you were the trainer. Just remember the riu have rules too and the vet is a trained professional and there opinion can't be over ruled by someone who isnt. The stipes no it ftp but they are governed by rules also just like you and i. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, White girl wasted said:

My question is to yankiwi. I like the fact I have no idea who you are. You may be a trainer or a trainers wife or husband or just a lover of the sport we call greyhound racing. But I'd like to ask you something. If you were the trainer of dyna diode would have you excepted the vets decision of 28 days+ or would have you knocked on the door of the stipes office and said I do not except what the vet has said and i will represent my dog in the following days to another vet. I think deep down you would except the decision and say phew got away with that one. What I believe has happened is that the dog would have most likely had an old tear or hole in the gracilis muscle from a previous injury. Which after cooling down was touch sore. A vet can only examine what is in front of him or her. They have no record or knowledge of previous injuries to a dog. So in his overview to what's in front of them dyna diode has a gracilis tear. Yes the dog was naughty that is clear to see but sometimes in life the rules can give you a get out of free jail card. So I'm interested in what you would have done if you were the trainer. Just remember the riu have rules too and the vet is a trained professional and there opinion can't be over ruled by someone who isnt. The stipes no it ftp but they are governed by rules also just like you and i. 

great post white girl

11 hours ago, White girl wasted said:

But I'd like to ask you something. If you were the trainer of dyna diode would have you excepted the vets decision of 28 days+ or would have you knocked on the door of the stipes office and said I do not except what the vet has said and i will represent my dog in the following days to another vet

Easy answer. If I was the trainer I would have happily accepted the Vet's decision, in fact I would have repeatedly thanked him. My problem is with the Vet. It seems that Mehe is the member trying to shift focus on the trainer, so maybe you'd like to ask your question to him.

If the Gracilis was a historic injury, which I fully expect that it was, why didn't that same professional vet detect it prior to it starting the race. Obviously the dog was checked prior to kenneling & then again just prior to the race, right? It wasn't an issue prior to the race, so why was it an issue after the dog played up? Obviously it didn't effect the dog while running the race. Favouritism I suggest.

So the dog had a historic injury. The dog was given a get out of jail free card. Today the dog can be taken back to a race day vet (if the trainers quick), re-checked, cleared of injury & be nominated for a start next Wednesday in Wanganui. Maybe that'd be enough to open up Godber's eyes and finally look within the RIU & the race day Vets they hire for integrity. That's where the focus is needed.

If the Gracilis was a historic injury, which I fully expect that it was, why didn't that same professional vet detect it prior to it starting the race. Obviously the dog was checked prior to kenneling & then again just prior to the race, right? It wasn't an issue prior to the race, so why was it an issue after the dog played up? Obviously it didn't effect the dog while running the race. Favouritism I suggest.

I have to disagree on this statement above Yankiwi.    Race day Vets are responsible for vetting a huge amount of dogs in a very short time, maybe only a minute on each dog. The vetting procedure has time limits, ie 1 hour. The best that can be accomplished in this short time frame is only a basic and obvious check, toes, demeanor, gait approaching vet table, eyes, nose etc. I would never expect a vet to detect an historic injury as described in this case on a pre race vet check, unless something tipped him off such as approaching the table with a limp. So to my mind, this dog getting through the pre race check is not an issue. When a dog is checked after the race by a vet, there is no time restraint, and a much more thorough examination can be carried out. Just my view on it.

• Like 1