Bit Of A Yarn

You are kidding? 12k on Wainui Creek!

Brodie

Money laundering is alive and well with the NZ TAB but it is only allowed with certain punters!

Someone has put 12k on Wainui Creek tonight first up and drawn 6.

Think I heard they got on at the luxurious odds of $1.60, that’s right $1.60,

Seriously, the TAB advertises that they are concerned for the NZ punter who,loses money they can not afford to lose!

They also now have a policy that they put in pLace to ensure that punters who bet over $1k or collects over $1k are identified so that money is not being laundered thru them!

Well if that is not one of those two scenarios, I don’t know what is!

Who in their semi right mind would offload $12k on a non cert to win 17,400???

And yet other punters are allowed to put next to nothing on!

Glad I have given punting with the NZ TAB away.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Good luck to them if they want to bet that way. 

That is the kind of bet a favourite punter does.  Just a bit worrying when it is a first up run.

Totally agree Happy,  they would be needing plenty of luck gambling like that.

The point is the ironic nature of allowing people to gambling like that whereas others who want to offload, are told to eff off!!

2 minutes ago, Brodie said:

they would be needing plenty of luck gambling like that.

If you are going to do it, do it on an All Star.

Wainui Creek has never struck me as being as good as it is held up to be. When it raced in the South Island it was good but once it got to the North it was some sort of super smart animal. It doesn't win out of turn it seems.

But as I say, fair play to them. Each to their own.

9 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

If you are going to do it, do it on an All Star.

Wainui Creek has never struck me as being as good as it is held up to be. When it raced in the South Island it was good but once it got to the North it was some sort of super smart animal. It doesn't win out of turn it seems.

But as I say, fair play to them. Each to their own.

Before tonight it had only won once from 12 starts from the mobile.

Had not won at Alexandra Park in 4 starts

Was first up but had won a couple of trials

To put 12k on a  horse with those factors to win paying $1.60 is not intelligent punting and no wonder this punter hasn’t been restricted!

Come on NZ TAB, if you can allow punters on for 12k how about letting all other punters on for at least $1k? 
We are not money launderers!

Edited by Brodie
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

Money laundering is alive and well with the NZ TAB but it is only allowed with certain punters!

Someone has put 12k on Wainui Creek tonight first up and drawn 6.

Think I heard they got on at the luxurious odds of $1.60, that’s right $1.60,

Seriously, the TAB advertises that they are concerned for the NZ punter who,loses money they can not afford to lose!

They also now have a policy that they put in pLace to ensure that punters who bet over $1k or collects over $1k are identified so that money is not being laundered thru them!

Well if that is not one of those two scenarios, I don’t know what is!

Who in their semi right mind would offload $12k on a non cert to win 17,400???

And yet other punters are allowed to put next to nothing on!

Glad I have given punting with the NZ TAB away.

I bet that guy wishes he was restricted before that dumb bet.....I must say pretty big competitive field in Auckland again tonight

• Like 1

The guy with the money no doubt was disappointed with the run it got.

I guess backing a horse fresh up involved an element of risk

It looked like the driver did not want to give it a hard run fresh up,but because of its  hot favoritism felt obligated to move at the 600m when it was  obvious he had left his run way too late.

All that eventuated was the horse went huge and had a very hard run as well. With the benefit of hindsight had different tactics been used probably would have won and had a much easier run.

Easy enough to understand the drivers mindset, its  just  not what the  $12,000 punter obviously expected. In fact the same could be said for the rest of the punters who backed it. That's just the way it goes sometimes I suppose.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Rangatira said:

how can you be certain ?

Ranga, no restricted punters would be getting 12k accepted by the Bookies.

I’ve got no idea how many punters there are in NZ that are allowed to put $12k  on, but I do know that the ones that are able to get this sort of amount on are losing punters, or they would be heavily restricted.

Punters who are able to get these big wagers on with the NZ Bookies and are backing these $1.60 favourites to win are not the best punters around.

Yes some people may be able to afford to lose 12k and not be too worried about it, but I would suggest that they would be certainly punters that the NZ TAB would be encouraging.

There are far easier ways of making money guaranteed without offloading 12k on a harness horse that was never a certainty to win and certainly no value at $1.60!

12 hours ago, Brodie said:

Come on NZ TAB, if you can allow punters on for 12k how about letting all other punters on for at least $1k? 

1k would still have some crying like babies

allowing them on (if at all) to collect less than 1k could* arrest the flow of tears

* chances are they would find something else to cry about ?

Edited by Rangatira

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

Ranga, no restricted punters would be getting 12k accepted by the Bookies.

I’ve got no idea how many punters there are in NZ that are allowed to put $12k  on, but I do know that the ones that are able to get this sort of amount on are losing punters, or they would be heavily restricted.

Punters who are able to get these big wagers on with the NZ Bookies and are backing these $1.60 favourites to win are not the best punters around.

Yes some people may be able to afford to lose 12k and not be too worried about it, but I would suggest that they would be certainly punters that the NZ TAB would be encouraging.

There are far easier ways of making money guaranteed without offloading 12k on a harness horse that was never a certainty to win and certainly no value at $1.60!

Poor form from the TAB or smart work. 

At that price, considering all factors (fresh up, quality of field, poor record on track etc) perhaps it was a smart business decision to take that bet. 

The chances of the horse winning and the punter claiming the $17k were far less than what the chances of the horse losing and the TAB pocketing $12k.

And of course we dont know the record of the punter in question but you'd imagine the bookies did and that may well have played a part in the decision to accept that bet.

You could say a sound business decision made there. 

On the other side of the coin, knowing your ability to find a horse paying $4-$5 to place Brodie, I'd be less likely to accept a $1k bet from you because the chance of having to pay that out is higher.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Counter Punch said:

And of course we dont know the record of the punter in question but you'd imagine the bookies did and that may well have played a part in the decision to accept that bet.

yes and it is also possible that the same punter was behind the bets on ardens reality, amazing dream,, winterfell, down to the bone and mighty looee.

the tab should not be scared of taking on the odds on favourite EVER

Edited by Rangatira
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Counter Punch said:

At that price, considering all factors (fresh up, quality of field, poor record on track etc) perhaps it was a smart business decision to take that bet. 

The chances of the horse winning and the punter claiming the $17k were far less than what the chances of the horse losing and the TAB pocketing $12k.

On the other side of the coin, knowing your ability to find a horse paying $4-$5 to place Brodie, I'd be less likely to accept a $1k bet from you because the chance of having to pay that out is higher.

What chance would you give dds super Stuart tomorrow, I'm a believer that it can win a few but my believing is a very expensive excercise!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Counter Punch said:

Totally agree that the TAB wouldn’t have had a problem taking the 12k from the punter on Wainui Creek.

That was my point, that the TAB treats punters unequally.

They say that they are concerned about some punters who lose, which is bollacks!

They also have concerns that punters that want to bet 1k are possible money launderers and yet they take 12k off people.

While The NZ TAB continue to adopt the policy of not accepting bets off punters, they will continue to bleed.

Edited by Brodie
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Brodie said:

They say that they are concerned about some punters who lose, which is bollacks!

They also have concerns that punters that want to bet 1k are possible money launderers and yet they take 12k off people.

While The NZ TAB continue to adopt the policy of not accepting bets off punters, they will continue to bleed.

the usual unhinged nonsense roflmao

Edited by Rangatira

5 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Ranga, how is it unhinged?

It is totally the reality of things.

Turnover is down, punters are being turned away and off!!

12k man/woman seems turned on if anything

i don't for one minute think the tab believe punters that want to bet 1k are possible money launderers. like there is no evidence to suggest that

29 minutes ago, Rangatira said:

12k man/woman seems turned on if anything

i don't for one minute think the tab believe punters that want to bet 1k are possible money launderers. like there is no evidence to suggest that

Ranga, then why is the policy $1k then, when the AML act says $10k????

Punters are being turned off Ranga, as the tote div payouts aren’t getting smaller and smaller.

Edited by Brodie

3 hours ago, Flagship uberalles said:

What chance would you give dds super Stuart tomorrow, I'm a believer that it can win a few but my believing is a very expensive excercise!

No confidence. 

He just can't get going early without losing his balance. Which puts him back in the field and then he's always chasing. 

Take him to the workouts and or trials and he trots out like a stag.

I think he can win a few too, but there's a bit to get sorted in the brain department before that happens.

Have an investment on either Just Michael or Tiz A Sizzler tomorrow instead.

• Champ Post 1

14 minutes ago, Counter Punch said:

No confidence. 

He just can't get going early without losing his balance. Which puts him back in the field and then he's always chasing. 

I think he can win a few too, but there's a bit to get sorted in the brain department before that happens.

Cp, has  Jean Sebastien been retired?

2 hours ago, Counter Punch said:

No confidence. 

Thanks c.p