Bit Of A Yarn

Melody Belle Trackwork at Flemington 29 October 2019

Chief Stipe

2 minutes ago, Thomass said:

Tell moi Chef....as ive been away in da MALDIVES having a quicky hol before the big day tomorrow....and ain't caught up

Was she up to the class as I said...or not...as you said??

thanks

I NEVER said she wasn't up to the class.  I said she needed to win this race to be rated and to help the rating of the Livamol.

As her trainer said "to be fair she hasn't beaten much" in New Zealand.

I'm pretty sure you hadn't realised she'd won a G 2 beating PIERATA and was competitive in Sydney behind ALIZEE....

Anyway its pissing down in Melbourne again and she's still got the Blinkers On!

Who knew she loves them?

Ever since she got them applied first time in the Kraka Mill she's been almost unbeaten!

Who knew some neddys need them and it actually makes them run faster??

3 hours ago, mardigras said:

I'd say she likes the Tongue Tie myself. It makes her run faster.

From 12 Group one starts with the Tongue Tie on. 9 wins

From 3 Group one starts without the Tongue Tie on (and with Blinkers on). 1 win.

Some people read what they want to.

just imagine Thomas if he took his tongue tie...off!?

• Haha 2

On 8/11/2019 at 5:38 PM, holy ravioli said:

just imagine Thomas if he took his tongue tie...off!?

Imagine!

Its a life lesson though holy...

..some peeps accept actual HORSEMEN...know wtf they're doing...

...other 'horsestatsmen' try to tell the Pros they don't know squat...

...and don't know what their neddys require..to make said neddys 'go faster'

Its called 'arrogant twatsmen'

Of course you thought that...because you don't think...period

'wide without cover' is a thang...ok?

Especially in Group racing where the pace is USUALLY on in big fields...and it's simply ridiculous to compare Harness racing..as you did...idiot

There was no issue with going to the rail as he simply popped off it when he wanted...

The fact was drawing a better marble would have allowed Opee a closer slot...and the overarching fact is that most races are won by those handy to the action...

Suffice to say taking your own Jockey over is fraught with danger...locals know the idiosyncrasies of tracks and just general talk between Jockeys gives one knowledge on the day...

Im betting the left that Opee would be left right out of any local knowledgeable discussion for the day...

...left to play on his device ...and talking to da wall

Edited by Thomass

45 minutes ago, Thomass said:

Of course you thought that...because you don't think...period

'wide without cover' is a thang...ok?

Especially in Group racing where the pace is USUALLY on in big fields...and it's simply ridiculous to compare Harness racing..as you did...idiot

There was no issue with going to the rail as he simply popped off it when he wanted...

The fact was drawing a better marble would have allowed Opee a closer slot...and the overarching fact is that most races are won by those handy to the action...

Suffice to say taking your own Jockey over is fraught with danger...locals know the idiosyncrasies of tracks and just general talk between Jockeys gives one knowledge on the day...

Im betting the left that Opee would be left right out of any local knowledgeable discussion for the day...

...left to play on his device ...and talking to da wall

Can you cut down the personal insults Thomaas?  In my opinion Mardigras is far from being an idiot.

"Especially in Group racing where the pace is USUALLY on in big fields"  More often than not it is the complete opposite especially in NZ.  The Melbourne Cup - Grp 1, big field of 24 and ZERO pace.

"There was no issue with going to the rail as he simply popped off it when he wanted."  Perhaps popping off the rail cost him a length or failing to improve his position cost another length or three.  It wasn't a confident ride in my opinion.  However beaten by a much better horse on the day.

"The fact was drawing a better marble would have allowed Opee a closer slot...and the overarching fact is that most races are won by those handy to the action."  This statement isn't "fact" it is "FICTION".  The statistics do not support your theory at all.  Actually they don't support any of your theories.

However back to Melody Belle - she ran the fastest sectionals of the day BUT she did draw next to Hartnell.  One went forward one went back.  Her first 200m was the slowest split of the whole race.  She only needed to run half a second quicker over that 200m to be right behind Hartnell.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Thomass said:

...but don't you dear say EVER again that 'without cover' isn't a thang...ok?

It's not a 'thang' to me. I prefer my horses in running to be wide without cover. Means there is zero to little chance of not getting a clear run and no energy wasted by being in a constricted space.

16 minutes ago, mardigras said:

It's not a 'thang' to me. I prefer my horses in running to be wide without cover. Means there is zero to little chance of not getting a clear run and no energy wasted by being in a constricted space.

I prefer them to be wide but with a trail or a drag into the race when needed.  I changed my mind about three wide nonsense when I saw three harness horses sit three abreast for the entire race and the horse that was three wide the whole way won.  It was the better horse!  Only noses in it though.

You only have to look at the performance of Te Akau Shark in the Epsom wide but with a TRAIL most of the journey and still kept kicking.

OP in my opinion and I'm only a lounge jockey could have spent a little bit more early and got closer.

4 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

Can you cut down the personal insults Thomaas?  In my opinion Mardigras is far from being an idiot.

"Especially in Group racing where the pace is USUALLY on in big fields"  More often than not it is the complete opposite especially in NZ.  The Melbourne Cup - Grp 1, big field of 24 and ZERO pace.

"There was no issue with going to the rail as he simply popped off it when he wanted."  Perhaps popping off the rail cost him a length or failing to improve his position cost another length or three.  It wasn't a confident ride in my opinion.  However beaten by a much better horse on the day.

"The fact was drawing a better marble would have allowed Opee a closer slot...and the overarching fact is that most races are won by those handy to the action."  This statement isn't "fact" it is "FICTION".  The statistics do not support your theory at all.  Actually they don't support any of your theories.

However back to Melody Belle - she ran the fastest sectionals of the day BUT she did draw next to Hartnell.  One went forward one went back.  Her first 200m was the slowest split of the whole race.  She only needed to run half a second quicker over that 200m to be right behind Hartnell.

Give us a brake!  Pull grassi up for a change would ya....he's always calling moi every name under the sun...and you love it...

Sometimes...na USUALLY always you seem to write whatever cooked into your noggin....without thinking

Whats "FICTION" the closer slot...or the overarching fact bizzo??....can't wait

2 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

I prefer them to be wide but with a trail or a drag into the race when needed.  I changed my mind about three wide nonsense when I saw three harness horses sit three abreast for the entire race and the horse that was three wide the whole way won.  It was the better horse!  Only noses in it though.

You only have to look at the performance of Te Akau Shark in the Epsom wide but with a TRAIL most of the journey and still kept kicking.

OP in my opinion and I'm only a lounge jockey could have spent a little bit more early and got closer.

Oh my..not you as well??

They have a term "facing da breeze"

Believe me NOW...it's a NEGATIVE...mostly...

The term is 'COVER' btw

Obviously you haven't heard the mathematical term 'Pi' either 

Im adding up to 0.5 secs for 'Wide without Cover' and @ 0.25 secs for 3 wide

Thats as standard...I also make allowances for overracing, unlucky, and slow outs et el

Its what you call 'form analysis 101'...try it one day