Bit Of A Yarn

Methven Twilight

Happy Sunrise

A very good idea to have this meeting.

I really like Gotta Party Doll at 3.30ff. Rocketed home to get second to Where's Daddy at Methven last time. Hereslookingatyou seems like a handy type for Purdon and Dalgety going by its trial form so is very warm favourite which puts me off the 10ff for Gotta Party Doll but a win wouldn't surprise me.

My bolter is Melt Down at 26ff. Can run a good race on the grass.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, globederby12 said:

Followed that horse 3 times expecting it to turn it around. It did, but it was facing the other way unfortunately. Its a dog. Dont bother.

I'm relying on ottley to work her charm, I would certainly curtail my bad manners for her!..........you must have something from your little black book today globe?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Flagship uberalles said:

I'm relying on ottley to work her charm, I would certainly curtail my bad manners for her!..........you must have something from your little black book today globe?

Yeah but its rough. Way over due and ran a nice 6th from the trail but capitulating late to Spirit of St Louie at Forbury

Race 6 Tin Roof Blues. Only over a mile so could lead and no Spirit of St Louie here. Prefer place at $9 ff.

Only other one is Race 3  Glenledi Bandit. Bit wide and a bit short at $5,s, but could get the chocolates, so will have a crack at those today.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, globederby12 said:

Yeah but its rough. Way over due and ran a nice 6th from the trail but capitulating late to Spirit of St Louie at Forbury

Race 6 Tin Roof Blues. Only over a mile so could lead and no Spirit of St Louie here. Prefer place at $9 ff.

Only other one is Race 3  Glenledi Bandit. Bit wide and a bit short at $5,s, but could get the chocolates, so will have a crack at those today.

Gleneldi bandit didn't go too bad against stronger opo last time.....

53 minutes ago, globederby12 said:

Definitely  something going on here globe. I said pre its last start at Oamaru.

" GLENLEDI BANDIT in the last for best roughie bet .Currently 34s and 5.50 Fixed?

Plugs not activated due to becoming tangled in that race where it ran 6th 8/8 in betting

$5 FF today to win - go figure

Greg

2 hours ago, globederby12 said:

Followed that horse 3 times expecting it to turn it around. It did, but it was facing the other way unfortunately. Its a dog. Dont bother.

Its one of the most field shy horses you would see. I think it must have had a bad experience somewhere along the line which has made it so timid.It was useless in front at Invercargill but when driven in the field seems to always end up following horses that break or come back on top of it.   I think it hasn't been driven the best at times. Its main problem today will be how far  it gets back in the running but the consistent speed of a mile race should help it. It,Baxter and Mikemaro look the obvious  trifecta in that race,although none have drawn that well..

I like happys tip in race 4 of gotta party doll,and I like shezsomethinspecial at $81 ff as an upset chance in the same  race although it can be a bit inconsistent.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JJ Flash said:

Definitely  something going on here globe. I said pre its last start at Oamaru.

" GLENLEDI BANDIT in the last for best roughie bet .Currently 34s and 5.50 Fixed?

Plugs not activated due to becoming tangled in that race where it ran 6th 8/8 in betting

$5 FF today to win - go figure

Greg

Maybe the fact it was in a field with previous winners last time and this time in a maiden might have something to do with the price....go figure

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, globederby12 said:

Nice surprise.Tin Roof Blues, cranked up to 11,s place. Good day for the bank eventually after looking likely with Glenledi Bandit early on. ?

Nice work Rees, actually paid 12's for a place in Oz . Glenledi given every chance and will no doubt win one at some point but didn't get me at that ridiculous price

Greg

• Haha 1

Good tipping boys, I let tin roof blues go, after backing her at forbury with the perfect trip behind leader and couldn't run on, super run over the mile to sit parked, was cursing when she hit the front at 100 win fixed, thought I would wait till the coast trots to follow her and also sister's delight.Be looking to pick up a rough div on the circuit.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Shad said:

Good tipping boys, I let tin roof blues go, after backing her at forbury with the perfect trip behind leader and couldn't run on, super run over the mile to sit parked, was cursing when she hit the front at 100 win fixed, thought I would wait till the coast trots to follow her and also sister's delight.Be looking to pick up a rough div on the circuit.

Globe is a guru ;!

Edited by Flagship uberalles
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Shad said:

They were certainly outclassed, great to see a couple of tries from boks, England certainly didnt back up as predicted. 

Just goes to show what a bit of mongrel can achieve. Typical Bok physical game with brilliant defense which had the Poms gasping for answers .Makes one wonder how we managed to beat Sth Africa, they didn't have that intensity when we played them.

• Like 1

Just goes to show what a bit of mongrel can achieve. Typical Bok physical game with brilliant defense which had the Poms gasping for answers .Makes one wonder how we managed to beat Sth Africa, they didn't have that intensity when we played them.

It's like it's all in the head of some teams when playing the all blacks, (all ready lost the match in their heads) that they don't have playing other teams. And after the Wales match, it was hard to see the boks beating the poms, but good on them.

Done the boks a favour in one way and another.