Bit Of A Yarn

New Zealand Cup Thread

Happy Sunrise

It is getting close but the lack of excitement and interest is stark. No one seems to give the Flying Stakes or any lead up races any attention. Are we All Starred out?

So who is your pick? 

I am going for Chase Auckland from the unruly over 3200m. Tim Williams to shut down all the doubters. It will be his greatest moment and will provide something different from the usual interview with Mark or Natalie after the race. I expect John Dunn to go nuts on Classie Brigade and get the drunken youngsters in the crowd excited before they coma themselves later in the hot sun.

9 for Chase but the place divvy will be even better value.

image.thumb.png.e16a64aa18881cee43e4e6875b190a09.png

1 hour ago, Happy Sunrise said:

It is getting close but the lack of excitement and interest is stark. No one seems to give the Flying Stakes or any lead up races any attention. Are we All Starred out?

So who is your pick? 

I am going for Chase Auckland from the unruly over 3200m. Tim Williams to shut down all the doubters. It will be his greatest moment and will provide something different from the usual interview with Mark or Natalie after the race. I expect John Dunn to go nuts on Classie Brigade and get the drunken youngsters in the crowd excited before they coma themselves later in the hot sun.

9 for Chase but the place divvy will be even better value.

image.thumb.png.e16a64aa18881cee43e4e6875b190a09.png

I've always liked San carlo, it won't die wondering

• Like 1

On 4/11/2019 at 10:00 AM, globederby12 said:

Capacity field I see. Pphhhttt. Interesting to see if Ashley stays the trip, always thought he would grind his way to the top over time. Might not have the brilliance but will have some of my money come Cup day.

Looks like they cant get Ashley right in time. Pity.

45 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

I can see team driving coming from the Kerr, Dunn and Purdon stables in the race ?

Every chance of that mate. 

I just can't seem to get too excited about this years cup field for some reason, and that's despite a family member being in the Chase Auckland syndicate.

Good luck to all runners. By God they will need it with starter Lamb still having a job there. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Depend on who draws where, especially the stablemates.

Oh, and the weather and Mr Lamb at the start as both are highly unpredictable.?

Nah the weather during the running of the Cup will be fine. The only thing surer than that is Lamb buggering up the start.

1 hour ago, Happy Sunrise said:

There is just no UMC to bring spice to the Blue domination.

Please do not remind me. 

I was going to collect the equivalent of a small country's GDP next Tuesday, having invested some coin on him after his third race day start, to win the Cup (after ringing up Ladbrokes and getting him added to the market).

The pain of it all. Time does not heal. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Flagship uberalles said:

My left cock has got more chance of getting on the box seat then  Paul h ..aka "Greg" JJ

2 hours ago, Flagship uberalles said:

My left cock has got more chance of getting on the box seat then  Paul h ..aka "Greg" JJ

yes... I was just running with the ongoing joke... #calmdown

• Haha 2