Bit Of A Yarn

Latest version of the Racing Industry Bill - LAND GRAB!

While Rome has been burning who has been making the big money.?

A bunch of breeders.

They don't seem concerned.

you're on the money there.......along with the traders....you can't keep exporting the best horses and think you are viable on a long term basis, especially when there is no tax on the export.....maybe if there had of been and that had gone back into the pot, at least that is something, albeit, small to offset the lost value of the TAB contribution the exported horses would have generated. 

My last post Mardi, promise...on this subject.........I just write what I feel, based on my experience with NZTR/RB. The Racing Minister was the only person [IMO] that could have stopped the malaise.....if he had of had a nose for racing and advisors that were up to the job. Cleaned out Petone, much the same as the board of a major corp would do if their dividends went through the floor, and if they discovered that they were being fed porkies in the guise of the annual financial report.

Once the clean out began, starting with Jackson and working through, Allen, Saundry etc the coalface would have had instant rapport with the Ministers office and morale would have gone north, so to speak, let's keep the north out of it....but you get my gist......

The outsourcing and subsequent comedy/tragedy that is the FOB platform, plus the general performance of the TAB, should have been handled by a consortium of local and versed professionals, TAB Corp love them or not, are the consummate professionals, NZ already pools with them through VIC/SuperTAB.......what happened was laughable and reflective of many of the racing boards decisions.

Why I lay the blame at Peter's feet, the person previously in charge at the Beehive was incompetent, we all know that, Peters had at least some experience with racing, albeit contentious, his tenure now is arguably ineffective, the costs are mounting as is the borrowing. I mentioned sometime back, in the corporate world people would be in serious trouble for sanctioning the latest financial report and my feeling is, it wouldn't survive a forensic investigation.

In summary, my passion was racing, still is, mostly in another jurisdiction, but I still have skin in the game there, for how much longer, I don't know....not long I'm guessing and there must be hundreds like me/us. The salary men and women in Petone, not all, just the incompetent and recalcitrant wont care, they will still wait for the eagle each month and swan around in denial, that how it works......shamefully.

• Like 4

Pretty much agree with that Joe Bloggs. There is no doubt NZRB and the codes have tried to implement ill thought out strategies. And maybe the minister should have done something to stop the rot.

I'm surprised that 25 years after Victoria privatised the TAB, NZ is still trying to run a state controlled betting operator. They should have left that to real experts. If you look at the areas where state still control the TAB (or have recently relinquished control) and where they don't in Australia, you will quickly see which jurisdictions are going ahead compared to the others. Here we just have a bunch of bumbling buffoons - and the issue I see is that replacing the current lot by a state appointed new lot - will just end up with a further bunch of bumbling buffoons.

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

2 hours ago, mardigras said:

Pretty much agree with that Joe Bloggs. There is no doubt NZRB and the codes have tried to implement ill thought out strategies. And maybe the minister should have done something to stop the rot.

I'm surprised that 25 years after Victoria privatised the TAB, NZ is still trying to run a state controlled betting operator. They should have left that to real experts. If you look at the areas where state still control the TAB (or have recently relinquished control) and where they don't in Australia, you will quickly see which jurisdictions are going ahead compared to the others. Here we just have a bunch of bumbling buffoons - and the issue I see is that replacing the current lot by a state appointed new lot - will just end up with a further bunch of bumbling buffoons.

Speaking of "bumbling buffoons"....

You were invited to contribute to future TAB planning by receiving an invite to discuss said Racing Utopia with the NZRB

...and what happened?

It didn't suit your 'busy' schedule that day....what happened to re-scheduling your diary for another day?

"thanks but na"

next

17 minutes ago, Thomass said:

Speaking of "bumbling buffoons"....

You were invited to contribute to future TAB planning by receiving an invite to discuss said Racing Utopia with the NZRB

...and what happened?

It didn't suit your 'busy' schedule that day....what happened to re-scheduling your diary for another day?

"thanks but na"

next

Not the class clown again.

But just to correct your mis-information. I couldn't make a date they suggested, they couldn't make a date I suggested. Didn't bother me - but look at where we are. 

28 minutes ago, mardigras said:

But just to correct your mis-information. I couldn't make a date they suggested, they couldn't make a date I suggested. Didn't bother me - but look at where we are. 

Yep....typical 'armchair commentator'

When offered the chance to change history with the 'bouffont' of knowledge that you self espouse...you came up empty headed...

All hair and hot air

IMG_0909.JPG

On 12/12/2019 at 1:49 PM, Thomass said:

When offered the chance to change history with the 'bouffont' of knowledge that you self espouse...you came up empty headed...

Perhaps if the TAB had agreed to meet me when it suited me, rather than try and meet me when it suited them, one of the things I could have gone into detail about was why things like what has been written about in the 'Dr Nick' thread are going to be bad for business.

Clearly having missed that lesson, they've decided to go on with stupid idea after stupid idea. You'll be pleased though, given how you disagree with everything I write. It must be so rewarding to see how the NZ racing industry is going under such talent.

17 minutes ago, mardigras said:

Perhaps if the TAB had agreed to meet me when it suited me, rather than try and meet me when it suited them, one of the things I could have gone into detail about was why things like what has been written about in the 'Dr Nick' thread are going to be bad for business.

Clearly having missed that lesson, they've decided to go on with stupid idea after stupid idea. You'll be pleased though, given how you disagree with everything I write. It must be so rewarding to see how the NZ racing industry is going under such talent.

Yip you're right Mardi (Rod) they're still persisting promoting FO over the Tote which is bizarre given the Rate of Return (guaranteed) of the Tote exceeds FO.

• Like 1