Bit Of A Yarn

Premier Racing - Loving the divs!

Brodie

What an amazing run of short priced favourites so far as the Auckland meeting starts to wind down.

I doubt there has ever been a meeting that has so many  short priced favourites prevailing.

$2.10 $2.10 $1.30 $1.30 $1.30 $1.80 $1.60 and$1.30

yes some will say that it is easy money, but seriously what a waste of time when you are collecting peanuts.

The Australians won’t be bringing their horses over for the big races in NZ in any numbers again, while this domination is around.

Edited by Brodie
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Brodie said:

The Purdon's 6th ranked runner gallops off the arm, losing many lengths, yet, can still beat some of the best Oz and New Zealand pacers over 2200. Really?

Sell, sell, sell......there is no point in trying to the take the juggernaut on. While you will have the odd horse get a placing among the All Stars domination the winners will just about always come from that stable. Especially when they buy up the best horses like Oscar B.

What does all this lead to? Boredom or inspiration? Acceptance or innovation? I will be labelled negative, jealous and all sorts of things by the usual crew but the game really is up for most trainers when it comes to Group races. The likes of Smokin By and Nandolo will never beat the All Stars. Smoking By would do a great job in Australia so wouldn't be surprised if he left.  The aussies won't be coming back for the Cup next year after the last month's beating. There could be 10 All Stars in that race next year! Unless of course they plunder the free for all lol.

19 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Have they got anything in at the Mot. tomorrow?

Thankfully not. The game would be well and truly up if they started lining up runners in the lesser meetings.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Happy Sunrise said:

The Purdon's 6th ranked runner gallops off the arm, losing many lengths, yet, can still beat some of the best Oz and New Zealand pacers over 2200. Really?

Sell, sell, sell......there is no point in trying to the take the juggernaut on. While you will have the odd horse get a placing among the All Stars domination the winners will just about always come from that stable. Especially when they buy up the best horses like Oscar B.

What does all this lead to? Boredom or inspiration? Acceptance or innovation? I will be labelled negative, jealous and all sorts of things by the usual crew but the game really is up for most trainers when it comes to Group races. The likes of Smokin By and Nandolo will never beat the All Stars. Smoking By would do a great job in Australia so wouldn't be surprised if he left.  The aussies won't be coming back for the Cup next year after the last month's beating. There could be 10 All Stars in that race next year! Unless of course they plunder the free for all lol.

Thankfully not. The game would be well and truly up if they started lining up runners in the lesser meetings.

I dont care how many they have in their stable, but FFS, you just have to look at some of those winning efforts tonite, most horses having those sort of runs would be gasping 400m from home. 
Next week, when the money isnt up, stable will be back to normal. 

• Champ Post 1

8 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

I will be labelled negative, jealous and all sorts of things by the usual crew but the game really is up for most trainers when it comes to Group races.

Nice to see Belle of Montana win last night ,what a lovely mare and congrats on picking the iD pacing winner.?

Greg

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Thanks, I tipped it out to lots of people and they are very grateful. Especially if they got in early on and snared the 1.45.

Well done you , your bound to be a popular man. I found the right price for my place pick The Fixer at 2.30 plus bonus multiplier which ended up at 2.484.

As they say everyone a winner?

Greg

2 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Thanks, I tipped it out to lots of people and they are very grateful. Especially if they got in early on and snared the 1.45.

Funny Greg must be a real cick thunt , he was the only one who was apparently confused about who was going to win the final when the final was named and all stars had a runner paying $1.45!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Heaven help owners who want to punt their horses at decent odds after this. The TAB will be looking to recoup their losses. I think they might also be even tighter on All Star horses on big days to stop the multi takers. $1.50 might turn into $1.30.

image.png.e9b485d78b1e3d3564e6105445184c4f.png

So there are still a few  people betting despite the naysayers saying no one interested in Auckland trotts or taking the small divs. That loss is not thw dollar punter but BIG betters who are obviously still about and going strong. Unlike the bookies at the mo.

On 14/12/2019 at 9:54 PM, Brodie said:

These odds are why racing is losing its hold over the gambling dollar. If I was looking at them I would say someone had taken a sports multi, not a racing multi at one meeting. The average person out there has no idea about horses but many more probably believe they can pick winners in their known sport whether it be rugby, league, football, tennis and netball etc so why would regular punters bother with bets on racing these days?

Sports odds are usually small so the only way is to multi them up to get a high return. The All Stars offer the equivalent on Cup Day or the like but no other time. I never hear Guerin etc saying someone has a 10, 20 or 30 thousand multi ending on a horse. Why is that? Wouldn't that drum up interest and ignite people's interest in getting that big pay day?

Possibly a reason why race betting is in decline.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Heaven help owners who want to punt their horses at decent odds after this. The TAB will be looking to recoup their losses. I think they might also be even tighter on All Star horses on big days to stop the multi takers. $1.50 might turn into $1.30.

image.png.e9b485d78b1e3d3564e6105445184c4f.png

Yes there would’ve punters paid out on the pathetically low odds on the fixed odds,  But you also have to realise that they would’ve made plenty on all the other horses that were backed and lost.

FFS even if the Bookies did lose a net $500k for the night, hardly that significant when they have employees that are on salaries of at least that amount and for doing exactly what??

• Champ Post 1

14 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

until the brodsters human rights grievance reaches its conclusion i feel the tab should extend an olive branch and let him on all stars runners paying 1.35 and under

• Haha 1