Bit Of A Yarn

The Mitigator & Soleseifei's ILLEGAL wins!

11 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Thomaas you need to realise you are the only one in New Zealand making a song and dance about it.  Get over it.

Can't you read Magoo??

COUNTLESS stakeholders are calling for a BAN on the Whip...

....mainly due to the OVERUSE of the Whip...

...and the INTEGRITY...or COMPLETE lack of INTEGRITY 

..caused by some adhering to the rules..and others NOT

What can't you understand about that...deaf as well?

17 hours ago, globederby12 said:

Wrong.  Just because times have changed moral absolutes do not. And because the greater public perceive smacking as wrong does not make it so."Spare not the rod" comes to mind ,and society's ills can be traced back to lack of discipline now propagated in our schools and homes.

lol! it's because of igits that believe that sort of bollocks that the State now  says No to violence to children!!!

ps. talking about society's ills, perhaps it's time for you to brush up on the exploitative nature of modern capitalism in nz! that's where the majority of current problems can be traced to!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Murray Fish said:

lol! it's because of igits that believe that sort of bollocks that the State now  says No to violence to children!!!

ps. talking about society's ills, perhaps it's time for you to brush up on the exploitative nature of modern capitalism in nz! that's where the majority of current problems can be traced to!

LOL. Im talking from a Christian perspective not your Humanistic drivel. Going by your first  sentence you obviously haven't grasped the difference between loving discipline and discipline handed out with anger attached, which in the Humanists mind morphs into violence. 

Capitalism , Neo facism, Communism, whatever, it makes no difference. the problem lies within the human heart.

Any way we are getting way off the original topic, so it ends here. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Dark Beau said:

Chief you are completely wrong.

Open your ears and eyes.

Heard of Jay Hovdey, John Messara and me? [Plus Thomas]

We will effect change.

Haven't heard of Jay Hovdey....I'm guessing he is rich enough to have bleeding heart liberal views.  John Messara - well he has gone down in my estimation after his report.  You - given you have stated on BOAY that you are in your 70's where were you 40 years ago protesting about whip use?  Thomaas - pfft - he has no credibility.

11 hours ago, Dark Beau said:

Chief read this and tell me that I am wrong or have had too many gins like you did the other night.

https://thoroughbredracing.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=8f27b48b2f6f46ee70b93ed7d&id=c4faa767cc&e=4cc1cfdc61

Times, they are a changing.......Bob Dillion 

P.S. No relation to Mike.

Be careful what you wish for. 

As I guessed Hovdey is rich enough to have these views.  Take the current issue that has been created out of nothing - the welfare of horses after racing.  Who is going to carry the cost of caring for horses after they have finished racing?  The owner?  If 3,000 thoroughbreds are born each year in New Zealand and their average life expectancy is 25 years - where are they going to be looked after?  After 20 years that is 60,000 horses!

Beau will you step up and protest at the knackers truck at Karaka when the passed in mares, racing stock and other dispersals are loaded after the mixed sale?  Doubt it but if you aren't at Karaka next week eating crayfish and drinking champagne you'd like to be.

Many in this industry are their own worst enemies.  The majority of New Zealanders don't care about racing and wouldn't care if whips were used or not.  The majority of those remaining in the industry don't care about whips.  Those that do have suddenly emerged from the woodwork after decades of silence because they are believing the fake news that there are thousands of people who abhor it.  Bollocks.

FFS even Thomaas is more worried about the possibility he might have been done out a few dollars on the punt because the jockey of the Wellington Cup winner used the whip more than the rules allow.  His first self interest is supposedly a level playing field for his gambling not the welfare of the horse.

While I'm at it - what a terrible bunch of races you have lined up at Trentham on Saturday.  No capacity fields but 8 races filled with hacks.

On 24/01/2020 at 9:33 AM, Chief Stipe said:

Many in this industry are their own worst enemies.  The majority of New Zealanders don't care about racing and wouldn't care if whips were used or not.  The majority of those remaining in the industry don't care about whips.  Those that do have suddenly emerged from the woodwork after decades of silence because they are believing the fake news that there are thousands of people who abhor it.  Bollocks.

FFS even Thomaas is more worried about the possibility he might have been done out a few dollars on the punt because the jockey of the Wellington Cup winner used the whip more than the rules allow.  His first self interest is supposedly a level playing field for his gambling not the welfare of the horse.

While I'm at it - what a terrible bunch of races you have lined up at Trentham on Saturday.  No capacity fields but 8 races filled with hacks.

This rant is typical of Ye olde World 'thinking'...

Generation xyz...the future...are totally put off by any suggestion of 'using animals for entertainment'...

...the ones above that...also question why the apparent 'beating' of an animal is required to make said beast 'go faster'...

..tell them about padded whips and zero pain and...they don't believe you...

..and fair enough too...

FYI..Whipping rules...for the uninitiated..is about fairness...

One following the rules...the other not...and winning

ZERO INTEGRITY 

Here is my take on what the new whip rule should be for the new season. 

Jockeys  can carry  whips  but only for slapping on front shoulder/neck and waving in front of shoulder for encouragement. 

I would see this as a bashing stopper and jockeys would therefore have more control (2 hands on reins looking forward)and develope a stronger drive style of riding,which I personally think  helps the horses momentum. 

JMO

• Like 3

On 26/01/2020 at 8:51 AM, Thomass said:

Generation xyz...the future...are totally put off by any suggestion of 'using animals for entertainment'...

So Boys Get Paid are not part of the X, Y or Z generation?

On 26/01/2020 at 8:51 AM, Thomass said:

FYI..Whipping rules...for the uninitiated..is about fairness...

One following the rules...the other not...and winning

ZERO INTEGRITY 

Get rid of the rule or the whip.  Simple really.  However are you suggesting that Trudi wouldn't have won without the whip?  

4 minutes ago, All The Aces said:

Tony Pike is adamant that Elliott dropping his whip at the 300m cost his horse from winning at Ellerslie on Saturday.

Beaten a nose. Quote " If Elliott had been able to use his whip Intrigue would have won by two lengths."  

He DROPPED his whip?

The bigger point is there isn't a huge number of people who care.  So why the hell try and kowtow to them?

Where does it stop?  Did you know they put nails! in racehorses feet!  God forbid!

On 28/01/2020 at 12:15 PM, Chief Stipe said:

So Boys Get Paid are not part of the X, Y or Z generation?

Get rid of the rule or the whip.  Simple really.  However are you suggesting that Trudi wouldn't have won without the whip?  

They're piss heads who enjoy imbibing, gambling, farting and rooting...

...not necessarily in that order...

When they meet the partner of their dreams...their partner's not dreaming of a future watching whipping....or smelling farts

And watching McKay whipping TM 21 times to obtain the ILLEGAL win...

...then Trudy whipping hers every few strides from the top of the straight to maintain momentum...

ILLEGALLY....

So if the Whip is padded and supposedly doesn't hurt...just 'noisy'...let the wee chappies YELL at them...

Simple really

Edited by Thomass
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Thomass said:

They're piss heads who enjoy imbibing, gambling, farting and rooting...

I thought that WAS the X, Y, Z Generation?!

3 hours ago, Thomass said:

Trudy whipping hers every few strides from the top of the straight to maintain momentum...

ILLEGALLY....

So if the Whip is padded and supposedly doesn't hurt...just 'noisy'...let the wee chappies YELL at them...

You a trying to have a quid each way.  On the one hand you are suggesting that the whip made a difference hence the "illegal win" and then you suggest it doesn't.

As I said be careful what you wish for.  The numerous "protesters" which seem to be very quiet in NZ want to ban racing COMPLETELY regardless of whips.  Making the latter illegal will do nothing to change that.  Stop feeding them Thomaas and Beau.

11 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

I thought that WAS the X, Y, Z Generation?!

You a trying to have a quid each way.  On the one hand you are suggesting that the whip made a difference hence the "illegal win" and then you suggest it doesn't.

As I said be careful what you wish for.  The numerous "protesters" which seem to be very quiet in NZ want to ban racing COMPLETELY regardless of whips.  Making the latter illegal will do nothing to change that.  Stop feeding them Thomaas and Beau.

XYZ women certainly don't fart...

Of course the Whip makes certain horses faster...that's why they ILLEGALLY won...gaining extra momentum while the others obeyed the rules 

Numerous intelligencia such as the Vella Fella and Shorn Ritchie have called for the ban...

...join the real World old fella

1 hour ago, Thomass said:

XYZ women certainly don't fart...

Of course the Whip makes certain horses faster...that's why they ILLEGALLY won...gaining extra momentum while the others obeyed the rules 

Numerous intelligencia such as the Vella Fella and Shorn Ritchie have called for the ban...

...join the real World old fella

Both Thomass and Chief Stipe have put up numerous good points through this thread.

The real gist main point being YOU CANNOT and/or SHOULDNOT be able to WIN RACES By breaking the rules of racing. 

The Whip rules are a joke, Thomass has pointed out cases already and the Melbourne Cup , made a mockery of them altogeather.

It will continue and get even worse with big races. Who wants that??

The public perception is more on the Animal Rights leaning, more than the Finishing Order at the post AT THE MOMENT. If they go to change a result (adjust placings) because of this breaking whip rules , what a disaster. AVOID this happening.

Take the Whips Away now. All problems Solved ?The activists won't have much left to argue about then either Chief , (maybe jumps) so will go quiet if anything , and NO WAY could they shut racing down , or even disrupt/protest it any more hopefully. xy and z's

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

Take the Whips Away now. All problems Solved ?The activists won't have much left to argue about then either Chief , (maybe jumps) so will go quiet if anything , and NO WAY could they shut racing down , or even disrupt/protest it any more hopefully. xy and z's

They won't go quiet. Their objective is to end racing animals.  My advice is don't give an inch.

10 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

They won't go quiet. Their objective is to end racing animals.  My advice is don't give an inch.

They can't end racing animals Chief. They (state government ) tried to in NSW with the greyhounds and the live baiting but it came back that too many folk make a living out of it (as in NZ) , and so unfair to take their livelihood away, for the actions of a few cheats.

I know through this thread you have said give them no leeway, which is admirable in your defence of racing, BUT removing whips surely takes the (some /a lot) of ammo out of their guns???

3 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Why?

Most activists are using the perceived cruelty treatment of horses as the main arguement.  and  whips fit the bill.

People's Pet's don't want to be whipped. activists want horses having the same treatment as they give their pets.

If they could see and get taken on stable tours even, and see HOW WELL with loving care these horses are attended to , and how happy the horses are, doing their stuff, (born to run and play) The loving care from the strappers, then they have NO CASE. (with no whips) yes?