Bit Of A Yarn

Is anyone really surprised?

18 minutes ago, Huey said:

I know he isn't the most popular guy,  but pretty sad to see a guy get a harder time for naming the murderer than the murderer himself appears to have. 

There's a process and there is the law.  No one should be beyond either.

Name suppression is given for good reasons sometimes even if the law isn't always right.

If ones ego is such that they break the law for no other reason than self promotion and to be seen to be "in the know" then they deserve what they get.

It wasn't as if the crim was still on the streets.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chief Stipe said:

Name suppression is given for good reasons sometimes even if the law isn't always right.

If ones ego is such that they break the law for no other reason than self promotion and to be seen to be "in the know" then they deserve what they get.

H'mm don't know if they will let you on the jury Chief. They tell me the inmates at Pareparemo hoping those Bluff Oysters are shared out.

9 minutes ago, The Centaur said:

H'mm don't know if they will let you on the jury Chief. They tell me the inmates at Pareparemo hoping those Bluff Oysters are shared out.

LOL yeah Leo's lawyer would put in a challenge if I was on just service.

No doubt with a QC on board they will be grandstanding on legal precedent.

The Police will be looking for legal clarification on untested law.

Wouldn't be surprised if the defence is being funded by undisclosed parties.

54 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Process / Law yeah yeah depends who you are. 

This isn't about the Ego its about the process you're talking about. Its a joke that someone who names someone who did what this guy did gets dragged through the press, whether you like the Ego or not.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Huey said:

Process / Law yeah yeah depends who you are. 

This isn't about the Ego its about the process you're talking about. Its a joke that someone who names someone who did what this guy did gets dragged through the press, whether you like the Ego or not.

FFS Huey he had name suppression too but it didn't stop him telling everyone who wanted to hear it was him.

He knowingly committed the offense on social media FFS.

He's wallowing in the publicity!  Hardly being dragged anywhere.

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 2

7 minutes ago, SLB2.0 said:

He needs serious mental help and this is just another try for attention/help.

I disagree.  He is what he is.  Yes he lives for the attention but many do in today's society.

He is what he is and I've never had a problem with it except when he got personal and nasty.

The problem I have is when people defend his actions or go on bended knee.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

I disagree.  He is what he is.  Yes he lives for the attention but many do in today's society.

He is what he is and I've never had a problem with it except when he got personal and nasty.

The problem I have is when people defend his actions or go on bended knee.

agree with you

• Champ Post 1

One should be careful about sub judice. After all two wrongs don't make a right.

The way I remember events Leo Molloy didn't just put up a link or just the name. He put up a photo of the murderer as well. I was surprised the post stayed up for long even after other people commented it was against the law.

There is another issue. If a social media moderator doesn't remove an illegal posting then what is the liability? A smart prosecutor will subpoena internet records if a moderator did access the site. As Molloy's posting was visible for at least 12 hours one could suspect that was the case.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, The Centaur said:

One should be careful about sub judice. After all two wrongs don't make a right.

The way I remember events Leo Molloy didn't just put up a link or just the name. He put up a photo of the murderer as well. I was surprised the post stayed up for long even after other people commented it was against the law.

There is another issue. If a social media moderator doesn't remove an illegal posting then what is the liability? A smart prosecutor will subpoena internet records if a moderator did access the site. As Molloy's posting was visible for at least 12 hours one could suspect that was the case.

Molloy owned the site.

However at the end of the day site owner is not culpable for what is posted if they respond within 24 hours.

However it would be interesting to see the correspondence between the police and the site owner.

FFS Huey he had name suppression too but it didn't stop him telling everyone who wanted to hear it was him.

The law is the law. If you don't agree with it, lobby the appropriate people to have it changed. Until then, obey the law or face the consequences. It all quite easy .

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Ludwig said:

The law is the law. If you don't agree with it, lobby the appropriate people to have it changed. Until then, obey the law or face the consequences. It all quite easy .

The subject himself has, on several occasions,  berated those who think taking the law into their own hands is acceptable.

Don't break the law,  he has said,  work to change the law if you don't agree with it.

A case of practice what you preach?      

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

A guy murdered someone's daughter in the most despicable way and youre worried about upholding the law for his sake.

FFS Chief Stipe , I have nothing  to-do with the defendant or even know the guy like some of you do, but making a fuss out of this is a joke. 

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

Wasn't the murderer on a separate rape charge?

Do you think the jury knowing this information would have a positive or negative affect on him getting a fair trial?

They are given name suppression for this very reason and Leo played god, now he has to reap the consequences.

He really should mind his own business.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Huey said:

A guy murdered someone's daughter in the most despicable way and youre worried about upholding the law for his sake.

FFS Chief Stipe , I have nothing  to-do with the defendant or even know the guy like some of you do, but making a fuss out of this is a joke. 

You are making a fuss.  The law is the law.  Both the crim and Molloy chose to break it.

One has life on prison the other will get a fine and crow about it forever.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

You are making a fuss.  The law is the law.  Both the crim and Molloy chose to break it.

One has life on prison the other will get a fine and crow about it forever.

Exactly,  you're making more of a fuss over a guy who outed a murderer than the murderer himself. 

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1