Bit Of A Yarn

Auckland Friday night? Only 5 races?.

Brodie

You have to be kidding that Auckland can only card a 5 race meeting!!!!!!

Auckland trotting is totally stuffed,!

Must still be a bunch of imbeciles in charge and making stupid decisions!

Why has it got to be so bad when there is so much money in Auckland?

They have quite good stakes but not many want to race horses up there any more!

There are several reasons that we know, but FFS who is the dickhead that still thinks that racing over a mile is WORTHWHILE!

Whoever is doing the programming needs his head read, as mile racing is just plain boring and is not conducive to punting on!!!!

No more mile racing ever anywhere!!

• Like 2

Who on earth are most of them  apart from the odd one that is known slightly.

Seriously, if this was being run correctly as a business it would be put into voluntary liquidation!

Does anyone at all see any light at the end of the very dark tunnel?

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Rangatira said:

lone star opening next month

Yeah,  it how long will there be racing there for?

They can not afford to keep providing good stakes without enough horses to race.

Stakes drop and the small group of owners will start dropping off and further endanger the prospect of racing in the North Island continuing!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

You have to be kidding that Auckland can only card a 5 race meeting!!!!!!

Auckland trotting is totally stuffed,!

Must still be a bunch of imbeciles in charge and making stupid decisions!

Why has it got to be so bad when there is so much money in Auckland?

They have quite good stakes but not many want to race horses up there any more!

There are several reasons that we know, but FFS who is the dickhead that still thinks that racing over a mile is WORTHWHILE!

Whoever is doing the programming needs his head read, as mile racing is just plain boring and is not conducive to punting on!!!!

No more mile racing ever anywhere!!

My old mate, no one is listening to us. We have both pointed out in recent weeks that harness racing is in serious trouble particularly in the North Island, and especially Auckland. Fields are small and are not worth betting on. I don't agree with you regarding mile racing. I think with the low number of horses up there that mile racing should be better as it is not as hard on horses and they should be able to race more often? A five race card is a disaster and not sustainable financially. How long is Auckland harness going to last?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Who on earth are most of them  apart from the odd one that is known slightly.

Seriously, if this was being run correctly as a business it would be put into voluntary liquidation!

Does anyone at all see any light at the end of the very dark tunnel?

Derek Balle the only face I recognise. He's probably the only horse person on the committees? Joke.

8 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Yeah,  it how long will there be racing there for?

They can not afford to keep providing good stakes without enough horses to race.

Stakes drop and the small group of owners will start dropping off and further endanger the prospect of racing in the North Island continuing!

Tick, tock... we warned them mate. No one is listening!!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, OLDWHITEMAN said:

I thought Trevor Casey was a good businessman. I wonder if he is regretting his decision to open at Alexandra Park?

i imagine even warren buffet has backed the odd loser over time

brodster would be the only one still batting a thousand

Edited by Rangatira
  • Haha 1

There are 9 on the management team!

I am sure they are all raking in big salaries for doing two fifths, and what they are doing is not working!

Does anyone know what the current situation is in regards to the apartments and whether the Banks are knocking on the door yet, and if everyone is going to be able to settle on them, once they are finished.

Seriously, how on earth such a shambolic effort has been able to achieved is very hard to fathom, when making big money in the Auckland property market over the past decade has been a formality???

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Brodie said:

There are 9 on the management team!

I am sure they are all raking in big salaries for doing two fifths, and what they are doing is not working!

Does anyone know what the current situation is in regards to the apartments and whether the Banks are knocking on the door yet, and if everyone is going to be able to settle on them, once they are finished.

Seriously, how on earth such a shambolic effort has been able to achieved is very hard to fathom, when making big money in the Auckland property market over the past decade has been a formality???

have the builders stopped working on apartments there ?? last time I heard they downed tools and throw there nails on the track

4 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Seems like it is.

Maybe some of these people below could comment on the state of affairs (or if they have maybe somebody could tell me where to see it)

More management than horses at Alexandra Park.

image.thumb.png.0d26d66871aa15332792134461d605ba.pngimage.thumb.png.fa17cd7216b1aa56ad001102e3fb49b8.png

What a pack of farkn posers, that whole management team... look at them. Pens are poised. Give me break. Bet ya they know everything too. Everything except anything about horse racing and what the punters want. 

Get rid of the bloody lot, except for Mr Croon and Mr Balle. Two good guys that know a thing or two. Sack the rest. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Maybe they need to bite the bullet and close.  Sell all assets and redirect those funds into south island racing?  Might sound crazy but in 10 years time it may happen and everyone  would be saying  had we done this earlier we would have had so much more $  to put into harness racing. Its a bit like the local RSA,used to be asset rich but members ignored the writing on the wall and kept operating for several years and eventually closed with their asset value whittled away due to yearly losses.  Same strategy in effect as they are doing currently  with closing some of the  racetracks.   Whats the point of having all that money tied up for so little benefit to harness racing. Greater good type approach.

• Like 1