Bit Of A Yarn

The Big Winners: Addington, Alex Park, Cambridge

Chief Stipe

6 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

NEW ZEALAND METROPOLITAN TROTTING CLUB INC

BIZNET-DOCAMENCON-55898493.PDF 4.83 MB · 6 downloads

This club seems well run,but.......and it is a very big but.......... You can't help but see their income is going to be severely impacted by the fallout from the virus.

2019 books won't look too bad,but wait till next years result........................

$7,205,000 income from the Events Centre. The worst business you would want to have at this current time.

$3,886,000 income from investment and developed property. 

$610,000 from rental revenue.

The catering and hospitality side of their business.  

Pokie revenue down.

Here's my guess.

The met multiplier will go. 

They should cut stakes,but probably won't this year as they will be pressured into saving face for those who have made the decision to transfer all the extra meetings to addington. Stakes cuts will happen next year and be blamed on the virus. 

I'm not being a pessimist,just realistic.  Lets hope cup week can have all their spectators,i'm optimistic about that.Otherwise it will get even worse.

Edited by the galah
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, the galah said:

This club seems well run,but.......and it is a very big but.......... You can't help but see their income is going to be severely impacted by the fallout from the virus.

2019 books won't look too bad,but wait till next years result........................

$7,205,000 income from the Events Centre. The worst business you would want to have at this current time.

$3,886,000 income from investment and developed property. 

$610,000 from rental revenue.

The catering and hospitality side of their business.  

Pokie revenue down.

Here's my guess.

The met multiplier will go. 

They should cut stakes,but probably won't this year as they will be pressured into saving face for those who have made the decision to transfer all the extra meetings to addington. Stakes cuts will happen next year and be blamed on the virus. 

I'm not being a pessimist,just realistic.  Lets hope cup week can have all their spectators,i'm optimistic about that.Otherwise it will get even worse.

as far as I no the met multiplier has gone 

18 minutes ago, hunterthepunter said:

as far as I no the met multiplier has gone 

It says they review it in May of each year but if it is discontinued will honour the scheme until the end of the racing season on 31 july . It  still currently has a list of horses close to achieving the bonus on their website.. But certainly would not seem prudent to continue it .

You may have the inside word hunter,but i haven't read where they have announced that.

31 minutes ago, the galah said:

It says they review it in May of each year but if it is discontinued will honour the scheme until the end of the racing season on 31 july . It  still currently has a list of horses close to achieving the bonus on their website.. But certainly would not seem prudent to continue it .

You may have the inside word hunter,but i haven't read where they have announced that.

I heard from a trainer the other day  he had a horse two starts to get the multiplier and was told it is all over so will have to wait and see if that's right

So what would a person like Scott Dickson do, seemed to have plenty of horses now stuck in the middle of nowhere in the NI and say Darren Simpson/ Grant Anderson etc in the SI.

The hobby trainer between Gore and say Ashburton I think will just fall away in the next couple of years.

I know we need to move with the times but life time horseman and racing employees like Davet Mac will be lost to the sport due to the poor management by life long office boys whom just jump from job to job and industry to industry with no heart or interest in their role..... its just a $$$$$ job for them and they've stuffed it for hundreds of great people NZ wide.

• Like 3

Great job Chief, with publicising the accounts for all of the clubs, puts things into perspective.

What it does show is that Things are very marginal with most of the clubs, although we did know this I think!

It clearly is going to come down to how successful the NZ TAB does with attracting punters to offload, that is existing ones and new ones if they can get them.

Due to the current financial situation it is not going to be that easy in the next couple of years as many hanker  down and try and get back to where they were.

Hopefully the TAB will come out with what they are going to do to get the punters active or betting turnover will decline, clubs will not get enough to be paying satisfactory stake money to the reduced no. of horses racing!

Addington appears to have invested wisely with their commercial property which is how they will continue to operate.

Auckland appears to be more financial than I thought although that was 2018 and there is possibly some accounting that is a bit played around with by the look of it.

Hopefully for the sake of harness racing,Auckland sorts it shit out or there is only going to be the one club Racing  in NZ, and that being Addington.

Bring on the 29th as we all need it!