Bit Of A Yarn

An omen bet

Ludwig

6 minutes ago, Rangatira said:

how is it stuffed for you brodster ?

How is it stuffed for Me?

Financially it hasn’t stuffed us, but I do know people who have already lost their jobs and will know more in the future.

People are not going to be spending at the same level as before, as their hours have been cut and jobs are going to be few and far between!

I personally feel for business owners who have worked hard to provide for family etc. and now find that they have to start up again in many cases.

Retirement plans put on hold.

6 minutes ago, Brodie said:

So you believe that the economy is thriving and no one is losing jobs, Ranga?

Seriously, are your eyes closed and ears blocked?

The economy and people’s businesses have been stuffed big time, and watch as it escalates during winter!

More redundancies and business closures today already.

Take your head out of the sand!!!

how is it stuffed for EVERYONE ?

Just now, Rangatira said:

how is it stuffed for EVERYONE ?

FFS Ranga!

being so pedantic is not a very becoming quality, however we are used to it!

Did you want me to give you an exact no. of people who are stuffed?

Everyone is affected to some degree

Just now, Chief Stipe said:

Yeah and Adern has the cheek to say she is "very angry with the Warehouse proposing to lay off 900 people.."

FFS they employ over 8,500!  We are lucky they are not laying off more!

She is disappointed with Air NZ as well?

What does she expect when she closed down their business?

• Champ Post 1

9 minutes ago, Brodie said:

So who have been advantaged in your opinion?

The families of the Wellington Govenrment employees who were allowed to first NOT work on full pay (Level 4), then allowed to work part-time on full pay at home (Level 3 AND Level 2) and now allowed to go back to the office and catch up on the backlog - no doubt full pay and overtime (Level 1).

I guess the Adern will borrow more to keep paying government employees full pay from a declining taxation base.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brodie said:

She is disappointed with Air NZ as well?

What does she expect when she closed down their business?

Why would not everyone be disappointed in air new Zealand got bailed out with how many million the fired how many people 

I would be fuck of why give them the money

14 minutes ago, Mehe said:

Why would not everyone be disappointed in air new Zealand got bailed out with how many million the fired how many people 

Just like RITA needs to cut staff so did Air New Zealand.  

The difference is pre-Covid-19 Air New Zealand employed close to 11,000 people and were a large export revenue earner.

So sometimes you need to reduce costs to save the employment of others.

Note zero Government workers have been laid off and as far as I know there isn't a Government Department that earns significant export revenue.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rangatira said:

foodstuffs supermarket owners ?

Thought you might say that Ranga!

Thing is they normally sell food anyway and maybe they sold more than usual, however that could drop off if people aren’t bringing home as much money!

1 hour ago, Mehe said:

Air NZ needed bailing out as we need a national airline!

With closing the borders thru no fault of their own, the  whole airlines business was closed down with next to no  prospect of earning money anytime soon!

900 million is not a lot when you compare it to the size of the business and the cost to the NZ population without a national airline.

I would be more likely to say eff off to some of the people who claimed the wage subsidy when they were aways going to just make employees redundant when they wanted to!

Ardern was too rigid in her decisions and this is going to be seriously detrimental to business for a very long time.

The wage subsidies in place is just to keep it looking like the unemployment rate isn’t as high, to cover up the true facts just before the election!

Brodie Brodie Brodie the airline were in the shit before covid and got bailed out not after

The prime minister got the call from the right people and got it sorted very quickly you just look what has happened in some of these other countries who call it a flu like you do how many died there 

Oh your going to come back with we had a mild strain but if the boarder was kept open like you wish it would have became a whole lot more why dont you go to the usa and see how you go 

21 minutes ago, Mehe said:

Brodie Brodie Brodie the airline were in the shit before covid and got bailed out not after

Says who?

The prime minister got the call from the right people and got it sorted very quickly you just look what has happened in some of these other countries who call it a flu like you do how many died there 

Yep spent $50 BILLION of borrowed money to save us from something that is as lethal as the flu and kills already dying old people.

but if the boarder was kept open like you wish it would have became a whole lot more why dont you go to the usa and see how you go 

The USA closed their International borders and State Governments took different approaches.  380m and 100,000 deaths?  You point is?

You can't compare Auckland with New York either as the latter has a population density 6 times that of Auckland.

Oh by the way did you know that there has yet to be created a vaccine for ANY of the Coronavirus's in existence?  E.g. the common cold, SARS, MERS.

Inevitably nearly all of us will get it at some stage.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Says who?

and kills already dying old people.

So we now say Covid-19 is the killer? You now say Stats NZ records are correct that is great we can now agree and move forward.

10 minutes ago, JAKH said:

So we now say Covid-19 is the killer? You now say Stats NZ records are correct that is great we can now agree and move forward.

No I'm not I was writing in the context of Mehe's posts.  Which doesn't change the fact that the deaths in NZ are Covid-19 related and happened to people average age 80's with pre-existing illness which most would have succumbed to within 12 months.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

No I'm not I was writing in the context of Mehe's posts.  Which doesn't change the fact that the deaths in NZ are Covid-19 related and happened to people average age 80's with pre-existing illness which most would have succumbed to within 12 months.

You are playing with words my friend. If we did not have Covid-19 in the country most of these people would be alive today so it was the arrival of the virus that did kill them.  Are you still disputing the Stats NZ figures after you have personally  scribed that " and kills already dying old people. " Or have you misquoted yourself ?

3 minutes ago, JAKH said:

If we did not have Covid-19 in the country most of these people would be alive today so it was the arrival of the virus that did kill them.

Some would be dead already and most would be dead within a year.  Covid-19 MAY have sped things up but it isn't what they died of.  Respiratory failure is the main cause of death.

7 minutes ago, JAKH said:

Are you still disputing the Stats NZ figures after you have personally  scribed that " and kills already dying old people. " Or have you misquoted yourself ?

As I said that post was in the context of what Mehe was writing.

I'm not disputing the stats just disputing the meaning that has been given to them.  In some ways they are a nonsense.  Which is the correct total?  Recovered including or excluding probable cases?

Science also tells us that there were likely to have been a high number of unreported mild or asymptomatic cases.  But properly testing the community for those recovered cases does not support the Prime Minister's nor Director General of Health's narrative.

So when it comes back will you support NZ going into Level-4 again?  The Government has already used all it's aces and has done stuff all to prepare for its return.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Says who?

Yep spent $50 BILLION of borrowed money to save us from something that is as lethal as the flu and kills already dying old people.

The USA closed their International borders and State Governments took different approaches.  380m and 100,000 deaths?  You point is?

You can't compare Auckland with New York either as the latter has a population density 6 times that of Auckland.

Oh by the way did you know that there has yet to be created a vaccine for ANY of the Coronavirus's in existence?  E.g. the common cold, SARS, MERS.

Inevitably nearly all of us will get it at some stage.

Chief, you shouldn’t be posting the truth!

The sheep will never believe you ever!

They always quote what has happened overseas and yet Ardern stared that she would never compare NZ to overseas.

31 minutes ago, JAKH said:

You are playing with words my friend. If we did not have Covid-19 in the country most of these people would be alive today so it was the arrival of the virus that did kill them.  Are you still disputing the Stats NZ figures after you have personally  scribed that " and kills already dying old people. " Or have you misquoted yourself ?

JAKH, so this killer virus has killed 12 from the rest home in ChCh!

They sent 20 from that home to Burwood and yet there must be 8 still alive!

The boxing coach’s son stated that the ones that were sent to Burwood were all very Old  and frail and he doubted any of them would come out of Burwood alive!
The truth is that from all reports, they were all on “do not revive” which is teling you something isn’t it JAKH?

The last included death no. 22 was a  96 year old lady that was in the ChCh rest home when the virus went through there.

She tested negative each time and the son wanted them to include her in the death toll to Covid because she was in the rest home!

She was bloody 96 FFS!!!!!!!!!!!

I would put my last milion on the fact that far more healthy people will end up deceased from the extended lockdown than Covid19 in NZ has killed!

Stay home JAKH, save Lives!

Yeah Right!

Edited by Brodie