Bit Of A Yarn

An omen bet

Ludwig

2 minutes ago, Brodie said:

JAKH, shouldn’t you be tucked up, by now after a busy day?

Just ready to be tucked away for the night. Chief Stipes "theory" very interesting I see why he is not Director Of Health. If I went to bed tonight with a boil on my bum and died of a heart attack. Coroners Chief Stipes and Brodies report will say with their "theory" it was the boil on my bum killed me. HaHa 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JAKH said:

Just ready to be tucked away for the night. Chief Stipes "theory" very interesting I see why he is not Director Of Health. If I went to bed tonight with a boil on my bum and died of a heart attack. Coroners Chief Stipes and Brodies report will say with their "theory" it was the boil on my bum killed me. HaHa 

You will get boils on your butt if you spend too much time in bed JAKH!
Just make sure they put the sides up, wouldn’t want you falling onto the floor in the night and being admitted to hospital.

It might overtax the hospital system seem they have been inundated with Covid cases.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, JAKH said:

No thats the Director of Health's theory.  But we've seen this approach before Covid-19 in Australia.  A property owner fighting a bush fire near his home died of a heart attack - the headline was "Bushfire claims another life."

That death was included in the Bush Fires death toll.  Not a burn on him.

There is already research that shows an economic recession increases deaths.  Recent emerging research shows that that death rate will dwarf those that had Covid-19 when they died.

• Like 1

Just now, Brodie said:

You will get boils on your butt if you spend too much time in bed JAKH!
Just make sure they put the sides up, wouldn’t want you falling onto the floor in the night and being admitted to hospital.

It might overtax the hospital system seem they have been inundated with Covid cases.

We are all getting older by the day Brodie - as long as the sun comes up the next morning. (Those cloudy mornings are a bit confusing for me) Good night. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Chief Stipe said:

No thats the Director of Health's theory.  But we've seen this approach before Covid-19 in Australia.  A property owner fighting a bush fire near his home died of a heart attack - the headline was "Bushfire claims another life."

That death was included in the Bush Fires death toll.  Not a burn on him.

There is already research that shows an economic recession increases deaths.  Recent emerging research shows that that death rate will dwarf those that had Covid-19 when they died.

So what you are telling me once more Stats NZ Covid-19 figures are wrong.  So I will make a bit simpler for you :- Boil on my bum and I die of Covid-19. What you are saying I didnt die of Covid-19. As an an answer wont entertain that boils are not life threatening .

11 minutes ago, JAKH said:

So what you are telling me once more Stats NZ Covid-19 figures are wrong.  So I will make a bit simpler for you :- Boil on my bum and I die of Covid-19. What you are saying I didnt die of Covid-19. As an an answer wont entertain that boils are not life threatening .

Thing is JAKH, the boil is irrelevant.

If you had no other underlying respiratory or like underlying issues, you wouldn’t have died of Covid19.

If your boil got infected then you may well have died of blood poisoning, and if you were in either resthome, you would have been included as a statistic.

Does protecting elderly vulnerable dementia patients at the cost of the whole NZ economic system make sense?

Anyone with intelligence And weren’t the vulnerable would say NO!!!

18 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Thing is JAKH, the boil is irrelevant.

If you had no other underlying respiratory or like underlying issues, you wouldn’t have died of Covid19.

If your boil got infected then you may well have died of blood poisoning, and if you were in either resthome, you would have been included as a statistic.

Does protecting elderly vulnerable dementia patients at the cost of the whole NZ economic system make sense?

Anyone with intelligence And weren’t the vulnerable would say NO!!!

So your a expert ihave only read of a hand full of people who say it's a flu your the worst by far you read to much trump 

3 minutes ago, Ludwig said:

All very fascinating. I thought this thread was about a daft omen bet I spotted. Silly me. 

Ludwig, you are correct.

Off the topic clearly but posting would’ve died without the divisive Covid19 topic!

44 minutes ago, Mehe said:

So your a expert ihave only read of a hand full of people who say it's a flu your the worst by far you read to much trump 

Not a virologist but we have been told by a virologist that Covid19 is a middle of the road virus and a lot worse than it will occur.

He stated that it was not a killer virus!

The so-called experts were predicting 28,000 deaths in Nz and 150,000 in Oz so 178,000 and we have had less than 130 to elderly with underlying issues.

In Oz they tried to pin Covid19 onto a 30 or 32 year old saying he was the youngest death in Australasia.

But no, he was tested and he was negative so that stuffed that, didn’t it?

God help us when we actually get a virus that is a killer one!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, Mehe said:

So you believe one person not thousands of experts Donald Brodie haha your clown 

Not sure where you get thousands of experts from Mehe?

Our experts have been quite the opposite!

Your clown? I I haven’t got a clown?

I have a blow up doll, if that is what you were referring to?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mehe said:

You are a blow up doll 

The World Health Organisation, one of your experts, is now saying that people that test positive to Covid19 without symptoms don’t spread the virus!!!

So we test all these people with no symptoms and they won’t spread it even if they are positive!

We have a stuffed economic system for nothing.

We have been scammed big time!

5 minutes ago, Mehe said:

All of the above you no that

Ok well I don't consider Politicians or Bureaucrats to be experts.  The Bureaucrats we generally see in the media are essentially politicians who do a bit of management.  This group being politicians CHOOSE the science to support their agenda or narrative.

So that leaves epidemiologists, virologists and other scientists.  These I consider to be close to what you term "experts."  Now as in any human endeavour there are good and bad ones.  However what is clear now is that there is a consensus amongst this group that this virus for the majority of the population is similar to the flu in terms of its "death rate."  The difference is its transmission speed and the specificity of the population cohort that it affects post namely those in their 80's with pre-existing comorbidities. 

Where there is no consensus as yet is the effect that a complete lockdown or variations from that have on repressing the virus.  However there is near universal consensus that an economic recession will result in an increase in the death rate of the population.

To me it is clear that the Government of 2 (Adern and Robertson) were given poor information in terms of modelling.  The first information they got didn't come from epidemiologists but from dubious mathematicians and economists.  Tens of thousands of people dying was never going to happen in New Zealand.

• Like 2

Lol we have been down this line all before and you moved all of this to another place are you going to do this again as this has nothing to do with racing it's just brodie when he has a moment and wants some loving from you

Edited by Mehe

16 minutes ago, Mehe said:

Lol we have been down this line all before and you moved all of this to another place are you going to do this again as this has nothing to do with racing it's just brodie when he has a moment and wants some loving from you

I didn't expect a literate educated response from you Mehe.  As for "we" who do you represent?

Oh by the way this is one of your "experts" breaking his own Level 2 rules of social distancing -

WVQ4ZA4SOJDJNL3QZRNHYWWTM4.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mehe said:

Geez firstly don’t deserve commas and now my name without a capital B
Geez you must respect the Brodster

• Haha 2

Interesting study released on Covid-19 on the USS Theodore Roosevelt. 

Of the 5,000 crew

100% were tested.

1,100 positive cases of Covid were identified - many of which had zero or only mild symptoms.

7 were hospitalised.

1 death.

Since the first test another sample (382) has been taken of those evacuated to Guam  - 60% of those sampled had antibodies i.e. they had had Covid but since recovered or were in late stages of active.

2 people have caught the virus again but that may be due to a false positive initial test.