Bit Of A Yarn

An omen bet

Ludwig

What a fitting race.

Racing minister goes out hard, settles just behind the leader, goes and has a look for the lead(ership) , reluctantly pulls back to 3 back, sits there confused, goes hard for the lead again, makes it, destroys the leader in the process, takes off thinking he is way better than he thinks he is but plods home for second. 

Just like real life. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

What a fitting race.

Racing minister goes out hard, settles just behind the leader, goes and has a look for the lead(ership) , reluctantly pulls back to 3 back, sits there confused, goes hard for the lead again, makes it, destroys the leader in the process, takes off thinking he is way better than he thinks he is but plods home for second. 

Just like real life. 

To be fair to Racing Ministers driver you would have expected Woman in charge to hand up the lead. Woman in charge has always shown it is a sit sprinter with a 100m sprint,so hardly surprising to see it stop so bad.

Edited by the galah
  • Like 1

Woman in Charge led and stopped well out today and was too short as she has never been that flash at the best of times!

It must’ve been the Blair Orange factor that the TAB had her so short!

Thing is that there were other horses that led out and stopped well out today,  that should’ve gone better, like Annie Richter who led and was gone at the 600m in a shockingly weak field!

Maybe some  horses just aren’t as fit as they would normally be due to the over reaction to the so-called killer virus Covid19 that killed absolutely no one in Nz, that wasn’t in a rest home or close to it!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Brodie said:

Woman in Charge led and stopped well out today and was too short as she has never been that flash at the best of times!

Thing is that there were other horses that led out and stopped well out today,  that should’ve gone better, like Annie Richter who led and was gone at the 600m in a shockingly weak field!

Maybe some  horses just aren’t as fit as they would normally be due to the over reaction to the so-called killer virus Covid19 that killed absolutely no one in Nz, that wasn’t in a rest home or close to it!

Perhaps if Woman in Charge had brought her level one game to the track earlier, she may have performed better.

• Haha 2

On 6/7/2020 at 9:45 PM, Brodie said:

I have been watching your postings Brodie Hoskins (bro of Mike Hoskins) you must be as you are both know alls about everything. Here you go again about the elderly when the posting was "An omen bet" - off the subject again. Do you have to do this to give your self image a boost or are you just nutty. You talk about so called killer virus that killed no one in NZ that wasnt in a rest home etc. Quite honestly you are so full of your self and not capable of listening or watching what has been happening around the world as far as Covid-19 goes. Just leave us oldies alone and get back to the topic and I dont want one of your bullshit replies - you are full of it.

10 hours ago, JAKH said:

I have been watching your postings Brodie Hoskins (bro of Mike Hoskins) you must be as you are both know alls about everything. Here you go again about the elderly when the posting was "An omen bet" - off the subject again. Do you have to do this to give your self image a boost or are you just nutty. You talk about so called killer virus that killed no one in NZ that wasnt in a rest home etc. Quite honestly you are so full of your self and not capable of listening or watching what has been happening around the world as far as Covid-19 goes. Just leave us oldies alone and get back to the topic and I dont want one of your bullshit replies - you are full of it.

JAKH,

firstly, I am not Mike Hosking brother, however I do agree with most of his views!

No I don’t need to do anything to boost my self image whatsoever, and certainly haven’t been classified as yet as being nutty!

Of course I have seen what has happened around the world with Civid19, but that has not been the case here and leadership is all about making decisions on what is happening here, not overseas!,

22 people from rest homes died with the virus and not because of it!

Ther were no deaths whatsoever to anyone who wasn’t elderly or had existing underlying conditions.

Most people that tested were negative and next to no one was ever hospitalised.

JAKH, no point arguing still as there are so many people so easily led and selfish it isn’t funny , we have learnt from this!

The fact is this so called killer virus hasn’t spread or killed people in NZ for so long however the virus is going to kill business and lives due to the virus  shutdown.

On the money is Brodie!

Enjoy your outing today!

2 minutes ago, Brodie said:

JAKH,

firstly, I am not Mike Hosking brother, however I do agree with most of his views!

No I don’t need to do anything to boost my self image whatsoever, and certainly haven’t been classified as yet as being nutty!

Of course I have seen what has happened around the world with Civid19, but that has not been the case here and leadership is all about making decisions on what is happening here, not overseas!,

22 people from rest homes died with the virus and not because of it!

Ther were no deaths whatsoever to anyone who wasn’t elderly or had existing underlying conditions.

Most people that tested were negative and next to no one was ever hospitalised.

JAKH, no point arguing still as there are so many people so easily led and selfish it isn’t funny , we have learnt from this!

The fact is this so called killer virus hasn’t spread or killed people in NZ for so long however the virus is going to kill business and lives due to the virus  shutdown.

On the money is Brodie!

Enjoy your outing today!

Hoskins the man who couldn't understand why coal mining was an essential service during lockdown !! To power the Dairy Factories you dumb Mike Hoskins one of the countries biggest earners. You would probably agreed with him.

What is this new disease you mention Civid 19 ?

Do your research a bit more not all 22 people that died were from rest homes.

Easily led - what have you learnt as you already know everything.

It just shows you have such an ego when I tell you Not To Reply with your Bull Shit you cant help yourself.

I will tell you once again leave us elderly from the rest homes alone and start talking about the TAB again !!!

25 minutes ago, JAKH said:

Hoskins the man who couldn't understand why coal mining was an essential service during lockdown !! To power the Dairy Factories you dumb Mike Hoskins one of the countries biggest earners. You would probably agreed with him.

What is this new disease you mention Civid 19 ?

Do your research a bit more not all 22 people that died were from rest homes.

Easily led - what have you learnt as you already know everything.

It just shows you have such an ego when I tell you Not To Reply with your Bull Shit you cant help yourself.

I will tell you once again leave us elderly from the rest homes alone and start talking about the TAB again !!!

JAKH, I enjoy talking to you, as you are a spritely 85 year old and there aren’t too many with your spirit left!

Covid19 in NZ is a middle of the road virus and there will be far worse to come than this one was!

22 deaths, 12 were from the ChCh rest home and several from the one in the North Island.

The youngest was 62 with underlying health issues and in every case there were major underlying health issues.

Not a single death to anyone that had reasonable health whatsoever and next to no one in hospital and ICU!!

JAKH, has everyone not got an ego of some sort?

JAKH, great that you defend people in rest homes, wasn’t anything personal against older people whatsoever!

Point was that the businesses has been stuffed by the over reaction in Nz to the middle of the road Covid19 virus, that hasn’t killed anyone under 62.

Some clown predicted 28,000 deaths in Nz and there were 22 and included people that even tested negative to it!!!

3 minutes ago, Brodie said:

JAKH, I enjoy talking to you, as you are a spritely 85 year old and there aren’t too many with your spirit left!

Covid19 in NZ is a middle of the road virus and there will be far worse to come than this one was!

22 deaths, 12 were from the ChCh rest home and several from the one in the North Island.

The youngest was 62 with underlying health issues and in every case there were major underlying health issues.

Not a single death to anyone that had reasonable health whatsoever and next to no one in hospital and ICU!!

JAKH, great that you defend people in rest homes, wasn’t anything personal against older people whatsoever!

Point was that the businesses has been stuffed by the over reaction in Nz to the middle of the road Covid19 virus, that hasn’t killed anyone under 62.

Some clown predicted 28,000 deaths in Nz and there were 22 and included people that even tested negative to it!!!

Young fella I am so pleased that you have now done a bit of research on Uncle Google. But with your all your garbage (I might be old but wont be confused by rubbish) you have not admitted that perhaps even 1 of the 22 that died wasn't from a rest home. Come on please frontup and say you were wrong for once. I will give you a clue from the Grey Valley.

Have you researched about this new disease only you have discovered Civid 19 yet?

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, JAKH said:

I will give you a clue from the Grey Valley.

That individual arguably died from co-morbidities NOT Covid-19.  Initially she was being treated for a case of the flu.  Surprisingly there were no community transmission from this case not even many of her close family who were in contact with her during her illness. 

The 22 that did die have an average age in the mid-80's i.e. they had surpassed the mean life expectancy.  Harsh but true.

The majority were advanced dementia patients.  The biggest killers of dementia patients are respiratory illnesses e.g. pneumonia.  Covid-19 would have hastened their demise but not been the cause of death.

Research done in the UK has shown that more than 66% of those who have died from Covid-19 would have died within the next year.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

Once again your talking shit 

You were told before we had any case of covid that when we did get them it would affect the elderly and people with underlying issues 

That is what happen in all the deaths clown

1 hour ago, Mehe said:

You were told before we had any case of covid that when we did get them it would affect the elderly and people with underlying issues 

So trying to save the lives of people with dimentia And existing serious disease warrant closing the country down and stuffing it for everyone?

More suicides will be happening than the elderly rest home deaths JAKH!

You are in a rest home and past your working life now, so you are speaking purely on a selfish and self preservation perspective.

Enjoy your outing!

1 hour ago, Mehe said:

So we have had NO deaths from Covid-19 in NZ.  Those that died did so from pre-existing conditions.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Brodie said:

So trying to save the lives of people with dimentia And existing serious disease warrant closing the country down and stuffing it for everyone?

More suicides will be happening than the elderly rest home deaths JAKH!

You are in a rest home and past your working life now, so you are speaking purely on a selfish and self preservation perspective.

Enjoy your outing!

please don't resort to lying again

• Haha 1