Bit Of A Yarn

An omen bet

Ludwig

10 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

Ok well I don't consider Politicians or Bureaucrats to be experts.  The Bureaucrats we generally see in the media are essentially politicians who do a bit of management.  This group being politicians CHOOSE the science to support their agenda or narrative.

So that leaves epidemiologists, virologists and other scientists.  These I consider to be close to what you term "experts."  Now as in any human endeavour there are good and bad ones.  However what is clear now is that there is a consensus amongst this group that this virus for the majority of the population is similar to the flu in terms of its "death rate."  The difference is its transmission speed and the specificity of the population cohort that it affects post namely those in their 80's with pre-existing comorbidities. 

Where there is no consensus as yet is the effect that a complete lockdown or variations from that have on repressing the virus.  However there is near universal consensus that an economic recession will result in an increase in the death rate of the population.

To me it is clear that the Government of 2 (Adern and Robertson) were given poor information in terms of modelling.  The first information they got didn't come from epidemiologists but from dubious mathematicians and economists. 

As I've pointed out before, that's totally incorrect. The original modelling provided to the MOH (and that undertaken at Imperial College) was all by epidemiologists. It was actually economists like this one

http://www.tailrisk.co.nz/documents/Corona.pdf

who pointed out the problems with what the epidemiologists were doing.