Bit Of A Yarn

NO TRACKSIDE RADIO-NO BETTING!

Look, I am pissed off. Tried to listen Trackside feed on iphone today through bluetooth in car. 
Stopped several times while listening to race, really hacked me off. 
So i am making a stand, I AM NO LONGER BETTING WITH THE NZ TAB. I URGE OTHERS TO TAKE SAME STAND, COME ON LETS TALK WITH OUR WALLETS, STUFF THEM!!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

Look, I am pissed off. Tried to listen Trackside feed on iphone today through bluetooth in car. 
Stopped several times while listening to race, really hacked me off. 
So i am making a stand, I AM NO LONGER BETTING WITH THE NZ TAB. I URGE OTHERS TO TAKE SAME STAND, COME ON LETS TALK WITH OUR WALLETS, STUFF THEM!!

Lol, sort of like when punters are restricted enough to hardly make it worthwhile!

Yes a dumb move to get rid of Trackside radio.

Yes it does freeze from time to time on iPhones, but if you tap the phone generally comes back unless you are in the wop wops!

I do believe that turnover is going to drop off in the future Newmarket thru lack of promo and service!!

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Lol, sort of like when punters are restricted enough to hardly make it worthwhile!

Yes a dumb move to get rid of Trackside radio.

Yes it does freeze from time to time on iPhones, but if you tap the phone generally comes back unless you are in the wop wops!

I do believe that turnover is going to drop off in the future Newmarket thru lack of promo and service!!

Its a shame that punters are too weak to do anything about it. We all moan, but very few do anything. 
If we could get half the punters in NZ to stop betting for a few days, that would send a big signal to those muppets at the TAB. 
Lets see who are keen??

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Newmarket said:

Its a shame that punters are too weak to do anything about it. We all moan, but very few do anything. 
If we could get half the punters in NZ to stop betting for a few days, that would send a big signal to those muppets at the TAB. 
Lets see who are keen??

I've done something about it.  I listen to sky sport radio NSW.  They don't talk about NZ races.  So the next step is an OZ betting account.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Newmarket said:

Lets see who are keen??

We could have a protest!

”Punters Lives Matter”

Far better reason for a protest than these idiots protesting at the moment in Australasia.

Edited by Brodie
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

I've done something about it.  I listen to sky sport radio NSW.  They don't talk about NZ races.  So the next step is an OZ betting account.

I too listen to sky sport radio NSW. Far superior to anything NZ ever produced. They have Liz Whelhan doing the dogs, Mick Gurien not sure spelling doing harness. Endless interviews with trainers and jocks. Have it tuned in on my android.

Yeah I picked up two winners from their picks yesterday.  The last two at Canterbury one at 4's the other at 13's.  

The issue with the radio stream from the app is it just streams the audio from one of the video channels.  So this morning instead of hearing information of the days racing you get the audio from historical video stories e.g.  Barts 12 Cups.

Seems it is HD audio as well because it stops and starts.

15 hours ago, Newmarket said:

Lets see who are keen??

Newmarket hi,I stopped the day they made all these changes,and will continue not betting with this lot for how long  I've no idea,its a shambles.at present I'm not betting anywhere at all,the loss of radio just is insane.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, mikeynz said:

Newmarket hi,I stopped the day they made all these changes,and will continue not betting with this lot for how long  I've no idea,its a shambles.at present I'm not betting anywhere at all,the loss of radio just is insane.

Good on you, me too. 

• Champ Post 1

I can accept trimming back tv coverage,maybe one decent channel with the excess going on website or whatever  I don't care but radio,it covers so much more on one station its conveniant ,you can do so much whilst tuning ,tuning on smartphone simply ain't foolproof  but its unreliable,racings a good radio product,so is test cricket ,waiting to see what next summer has in line,I suspect though that with rugby commentaries going back on zb through the radio sport stations this weekend maybe cricket will follow,even if it is only internationals which in reality was the only cricket I really watch on tv anyway,the rest I can take it or leave it.

Some changes I can handle but right now I'm listening to Gifford and Barnett  on zb,radio has so much to offer ,tv I can take or leave it.Once when sky got rugby/sport I used to think radio would become less and less relevant but it's still as relavent as ever.

Edited by mikeynz