Bit Of A Yarn

Unbelievable- John Allen gets another CEO role!!!!!

Brodie

The NBR, has an article today saying that the new CEO John Allen has a new CEO role- WellingtonNZ!!!!

WTF? 

How on earth do these people continue to get executive positions over and over  again when they are absolutely useless?

Why on earth would anyone put this bloke in another CEO position with his very good track Record of stuffing everywhere he has been.

Clearly WellingtonNZ havent done their due dillogence!!!!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Brodie said:

The NBR, has an article today saying that the new CEO John Allen has a new CEO role- WellingtonNZ!!!!

WTF? 

How on earth do these people continue to get executive positions over and over  again when they are absolutely useless?

Why on earth would anyone put this bloke in another CEO position with his very good track Record of stuffing everywhere he has been.

I guess he is a good salesman,and maybe that is what wellington have recognized.Lets be honest ,he sold the racing industry his ideas,and they fell for it hook ,line,and now sinker. Maybe wellington looked at what he did to the racing industry and thought if the racing industry can be sucked in like they were,then we need a saleman/promoter like him.  

5 hours ago, Brodie said:

WTF? 

I'm guessing this is a rhetorical question, but on the off-chance you have a genuine interest, here's how this will have played out.

John Allen would base his case on having been in charge of 2 declining industries (racing and postal service). He'd present cherry-picked facts and figures illustrating how he arrested these declines, which would be seen as particularly relevant to WgtnNZ in these days of closed borders etc. And nobody on the Wgtn NZ board (you can see them at https://www.wellingtonnz.com/about-wellingtonnz/our-team/wellingtonnz-board/) would have the inside knowledge necessary to properly question any of this. For example, I doubt if any of them would even be aware of the TAB website, let alone its dismal history.

Foreign Affairs might be harder to explain away, but most people in Wgtn think diplomats are prima donnas anyway, so the ructions he created there would probably be seen as another positive attribute.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Brodie said:

WTF? 

this has been public for a while

can make a case that the mighty spitfire is better at keeping up than the brodster

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Rangatira said:

this has been public for a while

can make a case that the mighty spitfire is better at keeping up than the brodster

Ranga, to be fair, I unlike yourself,  don’t tend to follow the business history of CEO’s in NZ especially the ones that have totally stuffed racing in NZ!

I have other things that I follow and do, and I do not nowadays subscribe To The National Business Review, as financially I don’t have a need to!

Where do you see that Mr Allen had become the CEO of WellingtonNZ"

Edited by Brodie

Come on young Brodie Wizard you are not as sharp as you think you are dredging up old news just to make up a post. You become boring when it is stuff that we all know about. But I will help you out young fella - are you in isolation or something!!

John Allen named as new WellingtonNZ chief executive

Damian George13:43, Apr 28 2020

1 hour ago, JAKH said:

Come on young Brodie Wizard you are not as sharp as you think you are dredging up old news just to make up a post. You become boring when it is stuff that we all know about. But I will help you out young fella - are you in isolation or something!!

John Allen named as new WellingtonNZ chief executive

Damian George13:43, Apr 28 2020

Brodie boring? Never!!
I saw something about him getting another CEO role somewhere, didnt register where.

Then saw it on NBR headline yesterday.

Yeah, hidden away worried about the killer virus that has killed no one that wasnt vulnerable or geriatric in NZ!

1 hour ago, Rangatira said:

come in mehe

can you please give the brodster a hand constructing a simple sentence

Ranga, what you on about?
Firstly there was nothing wrong with that question!

Secondly, you would be asking the wrong person!

13 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Ranga, what you on about?
Firstly there was nothing wrong with that question!

Secondly, you would be asking the wrong person!

regardless of your poor grammar i am happy to answer your question

i seem to recall i was staying home and saving lives around the time i first heard of it

6 hours ago, Rangatira said:

regardless of your poor grammar i am happy to answer your question

i seem to recall i was staying home and saving lives around the time i first heard of it

Ranga, despite the fact that you should always start a sentence with a capital letter, and a full stop at the end, I will overlook that fact!

You can recall, or you seem to recall?

5 hours ago, globederby12 said:

No not boring, just slowly becoming what piles were to Lester Piggot.

Globe, is that meant to be funny?

Probably not your best work , and I wont let you lower myself, to your gutter level!!

11 hours ago, Brodie said:

Ranga, despite the fact that you should always start a sentence with a capital letter, and a full stop at the end, I will overlook that fact!

You can recall, or you seem to recall?

with a bit more effort i am going to lock it in as the 27th of april

hope your namesake drives the winner of the third tonight