Bit Of A Yarn

BFLF and other tipping information

So new forms of getting punters information and seem to be the new norm now the TAB has dropped the ball with only the 'shark' giving out tips.

I see the Whale and Mick are doing their thing on HRNZ. Are they being paid for this or are the TAB just getting the benefits for free?

I also hear Fitzgerald and co are doing a Facebook harness show of some description but I have not watched it yet.

Are the TAB just being cheap leeches?

image.png.baa7e6afc3ba13ffbcf3fc2386470d79.png

3 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

So new forms of getting punters information and seem to be the new norm now the TAB has dropped the ball with only the 'shark' giving out tips.

I see the Whale and Mick are doing their thing on HRNZ. Are they being paid for this or are the TAB just getting the benefits for free?

I also hear Fitzgerald and co are doing a Facebook harness show of some description but I have not watched it yet.

I wouldnt think that Craig Thompson and Michael Guerin  are getting paid anything!

Think they are plugging Whales Hotline to make  it pay!

Matt Markham and Andrew Fitzgerald are enthusiasts that want to keep harness racing going unlike some of the suits that are only in it for the big money unfortunately!!

• Champ Post 1

On 29/06/2020 at 6:55 PM, Happy Sunrise said:

Hi Happy,

i believe Craig and Michael are being paid for their work for HRNZ.

Here are the links to our show Behind The Tapes - Matt Markham and I - Averaging over 5000 views for each show so far. Hope you have the time to sit down and watch. We welcome any feedback.

With Auckland/Cambridge on Wednesdays - Our show will be out on Tuesday nights for anyone interested in watching weekly.

We're not attached to anyone, just simply trying to drive turnover and give fans of Harness Racing something to watch that keeps them up to date. Tipping a few winners along the way and having a bit of fun.

As you'll see we're not scared to voice our opinion on important issues - Unhobbled, Unbridled, Unbiased 

Thanks

Andrew Fitzgerald

Episode One - 

Episode Two - 

Episode Three - 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Brodie said:

To be fair there is a helluva lot more in Fitzgerald’s and Markham’s show than BFLF!

HRNZ would be better off paying the young fellahs,

Cheers, Brodie. 

Just a couple of guys who have a passion for harness racing wanting to produce some content. 

We don't claim to be professionals at it and likely never will be. But we're giving it a crack and seeing where it leads. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Counter Punch said:

Cheers, Brodie. 

Just a couple of guys who have a passion for harness racing wanting to produce some content. 

We don't claim to be professionals at it and likely never will be. But we're giving it a crack and seeing where it leads. 

A  very good effort and show so far, on a shoestring budget, I would say.

Whereas the Box Seat, wouldve cost a lot to produce and was pretty boring most of the time!

It was all about the All Stars stable and races that have already been run YAWN!

Good to see to discussing things of importance to the industry, and long may it happen, unless they try and shut  you down!!!

Personally think they should be chucking some cash you and Andrew’s way, as they must have saved a packet?

Edited by Brodie

1 hour ago, AndrewFitzgerald said:

My error - Craig and Michael aren't being paid for their work.

Be mystifying if they were being paid!

16 hours ago, AndrewFitzgerald said:

As you'll see we're not scared to voice our opinion on important issues - Unhobbled, Unbridled, Unbiased 

Good to see you take the standing starts to task. Will you take on things like the McGrath issue? INCA updates? Closing down of tracks?

Why do BFLF get on HRNZ but you guys don't?

• Like 1

Couldnt see why HRNZ would have been paying BFLF as it is pretty average really.

Promoting  the Whale’s Tip Line is fair enough, but the tipping is nothing spectacular, throwing out shorties that any mug could sort without any effort!

13 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Couldnt see why HRNZ would have been paying BFLF as it is pretty average really.

Promoting  the Whale’s Tip Line is fair enough, but the tipping is nothing spectacular, throwing out shorties that any mug could sort without any effort!

See they tipped Majestic Rollon at 12s last Sunday like it was a parting of the water. I suppose it beats the hot favourites that used to be on the whale watch.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Good to see you take the standing starts to task. Will you take on things like the McGrath issue? INCA updates? Closing down of tracks?

Hard to talk on a few of those subjects considering supression orders etc.. we're also not able to sit in court through hearings etc. Although we'd have more chance of staying in the room than some members of the RIU did...

Track closures will definitely be on the agenda once next stage of calendar is released.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Counter Punch said:

Hard to talk on a few of those subjects considering supression orders etc.. we're also not able to sit in court through hearings etc. Although we'd have more chance of staying in the room than some members of the RIU did...

Track closures will definitely be on the agenda once next stage of calendar is released.

Another topic for you to have a go at the rating system might take a couple of shows lol

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Another topic is restrictions, get Brodie on, but be beware, it will take all your shows until Xmas ?

Happy, wouldnt take long at all!

Pretty straight forward, they either want punters offloading on harness or they dont!

1 hour ago, Counter Punch said:

rangatira told to leave the room on day two

• Haha 1

Good job both of you, well worth watching. 
With Trackside radio gone, its a pity that a local radio station couldnt give up a bit of time for racing discussions, harness, dogs & sport. So many still listen to radios, you would think something could be done. 

• Like 3
  • Champ Post 1

48 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

Good job both of you, well worth watching. 
With Trackside radio gone, its a pity that a local radio station couldnt give up a bit of time for racing discussions, harness, dogs & sport. So many still listen to radios, you would think something could be done. 

Radio Sport gone as well, which is  very disappointing!

There are many changes going to be happening with everyday  life due to the extended over reaction to the Covid19 flu!

They reckon the virus that the virus that the pigs in China have is far worse than this Clvid19, and yet apparently this is a one in one hundred year virus! BS!

7 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Unhobbled, Unbridled, Unbiased.

We'll take on things that are going on and that we're able to talk about. Matt mentioned suppression orders etc.

At the end of the day we're two big racing fans who aren't prepared to lay around and complain, we'll show our passion, try drive turnover and try drive all other sections of racing.

I'm having a heap of fun so far, so is Matt, viewership is growing every day - first episode about 5200 views, second one got about 5900 and the third one has just ticked over 6000 views which is pretty exciting!

As for being on HRNZ - i'm happy with the current set up - we're not attached to anyone which gives us a lot of freedom in our show to talk issues.

• Like 3

Hey Matt & Andrew, 

Tell you what guys, it would be great if you could add a ...BLAST FROM THE PAST! 
Just a quick couple of minutes of a harness champ from the past, I am sure some club, pub or what ever would sponsor it. Would get the  older passionate types involved on facebook too. 
Well done, good luck. 

• Like 2

On 7/07/2020 at 10:41 PM, AndrewFitzgerald said:

This weeks edition can be viewed on FB

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=651334272257502&id=147857422605192

If anyone has trouble viewing on Facebook then I will post the YouTube link tomorrow ?

Good work.

Enjoyed the comments on Geraldine and its implications. It just shows how senseless the whole thing is. 

Why has it not kept its date and be part of these regional reviews that are being touted?

Edited by Happy Sunrise
  • Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

On 9/07/2020 at 5:54 PM, Happy Sunrise said:

Good work.

Enjoyed the comments on Geraldine and its implications. It just shows how senseless the whole thing is. 

Why has it not kept its date and be part of these regional reviews that are being touted?

I know you love geraldine happy,but part of the reason it has such a successful day in late november is because it has a prime date and is part of the xmas at the races promotion.

Why can't workouts and trials still be run at this track?To say they can't seems a bit premature. Has anyone making those comments asked the group that runs the racecourse? No doubt they would want to receive income,now that their income has been reduced due to the loss of the race meetings..

Why can't Trotting clubs use the grass tracks at the likes of ashburton and timaru. Other clubs like oamaru do. Is it because the galloping codes at those tracks are not interested in working together with harness?Isn't it about time those clubs  did. 

Some of these smaller racecourses actually are run like a privileged few's private track.As to geraldine,trainers may have access to the use of the track now,but go back 3 years and you will find that for quite some time many were not allowed access to train horses there,and they kept the track locked. That actually got a bit of local media coverage. Not saying that the trotting club had any input in that,but that is how it was run,and how many of these smaller tracks are still run.

Edited by the galah

1 hour ago, Rangatira said:

i am going to miss the shape of the track

point of difference is a good thing

Agreed,and from a viewing point of view the public were able to get close to the horses,it had greater atmosphere than a lot of tracks because of that.Also there is a tranquility about Orari which most tracks don't have. 

• Like 1