Bit Of A Yarn

Addington Happenings

Happy Sunrise

36 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

A lot of multis are out the window already after the first race so the TAB will be happy.

And Tim Williams just confirmed himself a better driver than Mark Purdon lol.

Its funny cos Marky P said that wanna play with me was the better of the horses in that race

Normal transmission has resumed!

2 races with AllStars horses in and they have filled the first 3 places in both races.

This does not bode well for owners who are racing for peanuts already and not getting much of the peanuts!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Happy Sunrise said:

I think punters just follow the driver allocations somewhat blindly.

Delightful Dude 3.20 ff the place later on. Is that just because of Mikayla Lewis?

"I think Delightful Dude will need one run, or two to see the best of him." There or there abouts what he said.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

Normal transmission has resumed!

2 races with AllStars horses in and they have filled the first 3 places in both races.

This does not bode well for owners who are racing for peanuts already and not getting much of the peanuts!

I expect the All Stars to dominate even more my old mate. I think the lockdown did Purdon/Rasmussen a favour. The horses out for a spell, rejuvenation for both horses and stable personnel. Horses then bought back in and prepared in a more leisurely fashion than usual? Also with no racing it would give them more time for hands on training with those horses with issues. 

The All Stars will clean-up in the new season.

• Like 2

Kawasaki highlight so far - as soon as I saw a start of a jap gallop race - finished me for the night .

No bets and my TO per meeting is $200 plus  or thereabouts if no collects 

How to turn off regulars no radio coverage and bloody jap races on Friday night !!!

• Like 3
  • Champ Post 1

4 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Matt Cross describing it as a funny old race is a bit weird just because they went slow. It is actually tactics isn't it?

Dead right mate. It's all tactics.

I'm trying to recall a trots race in Aussie recently, where the winner of the race went so slow, the driver of the winner got pinged by the stipes, for going too slow during the running of the race! 

15 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Tim Williams 2 Boss 0

Not sure why Mark P didn't wait for the passing lane.

Matt Cross describing it as a funny old race is a bit weird just because they went slow. It is actually tactics isn't it?

Credit to Tim Williams. He used his initiative to get around the field when the pace was slow,while others sat and waited. $14 for an all star horse that had trialed up really well was the only surprise. 

Edited by the galah
  • Haha 1