Bit Of A Yarn

Why?

Huey

Does anyone know why NZTR or Loveracing ,now have TS1/TS2 and Loveracing Form,Tips etc on their website? Just interested to know is this part of what they are now morphing into under the new act? i.e. dissolving responsibilities to the codes.

I'd have thought you'd want the access to the TS channels available at the source of betting, to generate interest in opening an account punting etc?

Does seem to be a bit of duplication going on between the TAB & NZTR if not.

6 minutes ago, Huey said:

Does anyone know why NZTR or Loveracing ,now have TS1/TS2 and Loveracing Form,Tips etc on their website? Just interested to know is this part of what they are now morphing into under the new act? i.e. dissolving responsibilities to the codes.

I'd have thought you'd want the access to the TS channels available at the source of betting, to generate interest in opening an account punting etc?

Does seem to be a bit of duplication going on between the TAB & NZTR if not.

Difficult to say as this part of the changes under the new Act was quite vague (a lot of the Act is!).  Supposedly TAB NZ will be only responsible for providing a betting platform.  The code marketing will be done by each of the code administrations.

• Like 1

What would be interesting to find out is what deal RITA/NZTR/HRNZ did with Raceform Publications aka Denis Ryan and Donald Hancock.  Afterall there weren't very supportive of The Informant were they?  With the new found secrecy around everything financial we will probably never get an insight into this new deal.

However if it is anything like the shenanigans that went on with the Broadcasting arm of RITA/NZRB then some individuals will be benefiting more than others and it won't be joe punter/public.

6 minutes ago, nomates said:

If their TIPS are going to be coming from the same sources as already being shown on TV i.e The Shark , BP , Sweens and Rodders , then it's complete WOFTAM . Money better spent else where .

i get a email every week with the Shark's tips and immediately delete it unread !

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, mikeynz said:

I think in reality no one has ever got tipping horses correct.

No its a very difficult job in NZ especially, but tipping 4 like they do well success rate should be a bit better than it is. 

The trouble is in NZ its formula tic to a certain degree.