Bit Of A Yarn

Covid's Return

Happy Sunrise

39 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Can someone give some odds that masks are made mandatory in Auckland after Jacinda's press conference tomorrow. I would like a bet.

This will be instead of going to Level 4.

Based on the criteria she used for going to Level-4 the first time.  Then Auckland will be in Level-4 lockdown tomorrow evening.  If it isn't then she once more confirms she is duplicitous.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Based on the criteria she used for going to Level-4 the first time.  Then Auckland will be in Level-4 lockdown tomorrow evening.  If it isn't then she once more confirms she is duplicitous.  

The application of what goes on in the levels will not be consistent from the first time round. Not even any point in trying because people won't adhere so willingly to it anyway. Why should they, when it clearly makes no difference and just postpones the inevitable. 

It could become a dog eat dog scenario about self preservation like elsewhere in the world.

1 hour ago, Noodlum said:

This is a good read.  I didn't realise that the New Lynn Countdown was stormed yesterday by shoppers ripping off the front doors!

https://www.aier.org/article/authoritarianism-in-auckland/

And in Oamaru, even though there have  been no positive virus results, we are in level 2, and the panic buying at the supermarkets is in full swing. And I'm not allowed into the Kurow trots.

• Sad 1

panic buying of bread down south, completely sold out 2 days in a row at pak n save!  I am declaring a `Bread crisis`!

I might have to go to the blackmarket,   anybody know some good bread dealers? I can trade toilet paper! but I want the good stuff!  Tip top supersoft, like brodie I have a delicate palate.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, whiplash smile said:

panic buying of bread down south, completely sold out 2 days in a row at pak n save!  I am declaring a `Bread crisis`!

I might have to go to the blackmarket,   anybody know some good bread dealers? I can trade toilet paper! but I want the good stuff!  Tip top supersoft, like brodie I have a delicate palate.

The panic buying of toilet paper will be one of my lasting memories of this virus. Quite bizarre.

• Haha 3

Bloody f'ing muppets!!!!!  They weren't regularly testing staff working at quarantine and isolation facilities!  How damn stupid is that! 

Makes sense of the early warnings we were getting - no doubt one of the bureaucratic reviews found a HOLE in the system!

Apparently they didn't test because some staff refused!!!!!  FFS!  Team of 5 million - BULLSHIT!

• Champ Post 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Noodlum said:

Bloody f'ing muppets!!!!!  They weren't regularly testing staff working at quarantine and isolation facilities!  How damn stupid is that! 

Makes sense of the early warnings we were getting - no doubt one of the bureaucratic reviews found a HOLE in the system!

Apparently they didn't test because some staff refused!!!!!  FFS!  Team of 5 million - BULLSHIT!

Yeah, that's not a good look at all. But it does illustrate just how hard, if not impossible, it is for a bureaucracy to cover all bases against an unseen enemy. At some point the government's going to have to ask itself: "is there a better way?"

14 hours ago, Noodlum said:

Can you imagine what value Kelvin Davis will add at the Cabinet meeting tomorrow?

Kelvin and many of Arderns cohorts, have gone missing in action!

How come  Ardern always does the daily speeches and Hipkins and Megan Woods etc. never get a go?

Thats right, they have been told to say nothing as they have bought into it!!

Truth is that she has control over so many Sheep, that think shenhas done a great job for NZ!

Reality is that the coalition  has done a pathetic hob for NZ over the last 3 years.

If you vote for this mob again, you deserve every bit of what you are going to get!

What actually have they achieved so far??

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Basil said:

But it does illustrate just how hard, if not impossible, it is for a bureaucracy to cover all bases against an unseen enemy.

Sorry but that doesn't explain something that is basic 101 pandemic management.  You have people in isolation who you finally decided to test (remember they WEREN'T tested until we go out of Level-14) but you don't test the people looking after them who everyday walk across the border and go home.  NOT ROCKET SCIENCE IS IT?  FFS a registered sex worker has to get tested for diseases frequently!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Basil said:

Yeah, that's not a good look at all. But it does illustrate just how hard, if not impossible, it is for a bureaucracy to cover all bases against an unseen enemy. At some point the government's going to have to ask itself: "is there a better way?"

Basil, why do you always want to defend mediocracy and incompetency?

This government has continually effed up and you can not defend them.

This country is just so effed with them in power for another 3 years!

Mother Theresa has not got any common sense, shake your head, show the pearly whites and blah blah blah!

Weird thing is that so many think she is doing a great job?????

Dreamers!

Edited by Brodie

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

Basil, why do you always want to defend mediocracy and incompetency?

This government has continually effed up and you can not defend them.

This country is just so effed with them in power for another 3 years!

Mother Theresa has not got any common sense, shake your head, show the pearly whites and blah blah blah!

Weird thing is that so many think she is doing a great job?????

Dreamers!

And what would Johnny Key have done Brodie you National Nazi!     Perhaps if the national party spent as much time devising policies as they do fucking each other  (literally as well as figuratively)   they would be in a position to fuck the the country over even better! (again)

Gotta agree with Noodlum on the resurgence, Its so incompetent its depressing.  (Like the TAB )

You should be racing minister Brodie! you have the arrogance but not the bullshit.

I have just about given up on the TAB until hopefully Basils privatization idea comes in. 

I gotta agree with him 100% on that, it is the obvious answer.

As for Cindy I feel your harsh put downs are a cry of frustration and attention seeking. If alone in a room and no one ever finds out, would it be time for a bit of ` National Trouser Politics`  Brodster? I hear thears a big ROD  on bRODster

Be honest Brodie!  (and kind!)

I will vote for whoever is best for racing but I dont know who that is. can someone enlighten me?

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, whiplash smile said:

I will vote for whoever is best for racing but I dont know who that is. can someone enlighten me?

Probably only Winnie but I think he won't make it back in and if he did he may not be so keen to throw money around again aside from the fact that it is all gone!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Noodlum said:

Probably only Winnie but I think he won't make it back in and if he did he may not be so keen to throw money around again aside from the fact that it is all gone!

If hes gone whos next?   I dont listen to politicians cause I believe they are all self serving, surely someone has a plan?

4 minutes ago, whiplash smile said:

If hes gone whos next?   I dont listen to politicians cause I believe they are all self serving, surely someone has a plan?

No one.  However you are then best to vote for a party that will be good for the economy.  That narrows your options to National and Act.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Noodlum said:

No one.  However you are then best to vote for a party that will be good for the economy.  That narrows your options to National and Act.

If crusher brings back crushing cars of repeat offending boy racers I will vote for her!      whatever happened to that?

Good plan and its dissapeared now hasn't it?