Bit Of A Yarn

BOAY vs RC - the issues

hesi

7 minutes ago, Weasel said:

Having read the last page on this thread, I have something to say..so listen up!

I am on this site precisely because I didn't enjoy the stupid name-calling/insulting/offensive behavior of various posters. I simply want to have some fun, learn, comment and interact with lovers of thoroughbred racing/breeding.

If this site falls into the trap of responding to bait deliberately sent out by supporters of the rival site, this site will be lowering its standards and undoing all the good work building it up over the last few weeks (not to mention the planning beforehand).

IMHO, BOAY controllers, whoever you are, whatever your opinions on RC and its followers, please do the sensible thing. Ignore the nonsense. Don't take the bait. Stick to the good stuff and enjoy the reaction you get from members.

And that's all I have to say about that!

Well said weasel, your completely right we need to move on or we are no better (reality check)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, hesi said:

You would also have to say, some possibly serious breaches of privacy going on at RC, beware

The Chief understands the software better than anyone, perhaps he could brief us on just what might be happening at RC 

I have little doubt that people of interest have had their mailbox hacked into

Pot Kettle Black much ? Apparently messaging people on RC was ok was it ? Pathetic little man.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

I hear you Weasel.  An unfortunate choice of name but YOUR choice.

I do find it hard not to respond as I have been at the sharp end of some rough stuff on a previous forum.  One where I put in many many hours of work.

Anyone who joins BOAY must be allowed to express their views and opinions without fear of loss of privacy, ridicule or retribution.

That might sound a bit wanky but that's the goal.

Personally I have learnt heaps from some posters over the years about racing industry and I hope that continues.

Just so you are clear, my opinions are my own. I thought personally that your actions (collectively) were un-necessary, un-warranted, and a personal kick in the guts to a bloke who has provided a site for all of us to enjoy. Is it perfect..probably no. Neither is this one. And the constant sniping does no one any credit but others might feel differently. 

Edited by Wolfman

Just now, Wolfman said:

Just so you are clear, my opinions are my own. I thought personally that your actions (collectively) were un-necessary, un-warranted, and a personal kick in the guts to a bloke who has provided a site for all of us to enjoy. Is it perfect..probably no. Neither is this one. And the constant sniping does no one any credit but others might feel differently.

Sorry but I think there are no victims in this.  As we say on BOAY onwards and upwards.

22 minutes ago, Wolfman said:

I think you are wrong...and incredibly optimistic. But then what else would you say ?

I don't really care as I'm not interested in what you think.  There are only three people who know the truth.  Now can you get back to discussing the results?  I note you are a participant in the comp so your ethics do have some boundaries.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Wolfman said:

Morons. Amazing all the interest in RC from all the toy tossers isn't it...?? 

Morons?  Ouch.

You don't have to play in this comp if you don't like it here.  I've got others who missed out on the 54 who would be happy to take your place.

Edited by N1MUE
  • Like 3

Wolf, seems you are the one upset here mate? 

Maybe you have been brainwashed  a little, not everyone knew just how much abuse & grief some members were getting. Maybe have a look at bitofayarn news on main screen, have a look how many have shown proof of emails etc, from your mate. 

To be honest, I think we treat him pretty good, compared to the rubbish that many have received over the years. 

So we can move on, but most wont  forget, that’s life. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Wolfman said:

Stop talking crap Hesi. I think you will find that RC is doing just fine..over a million hits last month alone and more joining by the day now time wasters like you have and others have vacated the premises. You might be in for some surprises shortly....?

What sort of surprises wolf? Seems a bit threatening to me, not nice on a Sunday evening.

You connected to site, or just dream up the one million hit bit?.... I look every week or so, seems very few posts or new threads? But I suppose, never let the truth get in the way of a good story......

25 minutes ago, Kakama said:

Who is wolf beginning to sound like? 

Just for the record Wolfman on BOAY is Ohokaman(Dave) on RC

Nothing secretive about it, the same photo was posted on BOAY on For The Fallen Thread, as was posted on RC.

A nice photo and post, paying respect to his Dad, which I'm sure many of us took a moment to reflect on those who lost their lives so we could freely talk shyte on a racing forum:)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, hesi said:

Just for the record Wolfman on BOAY is Ohokaman(Dave) on RC

Nothing secretive about it, the same photo was posted on BOAY on For The Fallen Thread, as was posted on RC.

A nice photo and post, paying respect to his Dad, which I'm sure many of us took a moment to reflect on those who lost their lives so we could freely talk shyte on a racing forum:)

That explains it. Ohoka is a close follower of rc boss & Co, always agrees with them. 

So no surprises, sets up under another alias, and stirs pot here. Come on Dave, your better than that

• Like 3
  • Champ Post 1

3 hours ago, Newmarket said:

That explains it. Ohoka is a close follower of rc boss & Co, always agrees with them. 

So no surprises, sets up under another alias, and stirs pot here. Come on Dave, your better than that

Listen up fellas, I, like many of you, have enjoyed the forum RC has provided for many years. What I didn't like was the petty and vindictive way some acted in the formation of this site and in my view Leigh deserved a bit more support and loyalty for his efforts. Doug tells me there are two sides to the story and that is no doubt true, but really, was all this ugly animosity and sniping really necessary....??

12 hours ago, Newmarket said:

Wolf, seems you are the one upset here mate? 

Maybe you have been brainwashed  a little, not everyone knew just how much abuse & grief some members were getting. Maybe have a look at bitofayarn news on main screen, have a look how many have shown proof of emails etc, from your mate. 

To be honest, I think we treat him pretty good, compared to the rubbish that many have received over the years. 

So we can move on, but most wont  forget, that’s life. 

I've copped it too NM, the difference is I gave it right back. Eventually he backs down. He can be a pain, but is bloody entertaining at times and has forgotten more than most of us will ever know about the Industry. Just don't take it seriously or personally...hard I know.

11 minutes ago, Wolfman said:

Listen up fellas, I, like many of you, have enjoyed the forum RC has provided for many years. What I didn't like was the petty and vindictive way some acted in the formation of this site and in my view Leigh deserved a bit more support and loyalty for his efforts. Doug tells me there are two sides to the story and that is no doubt true, but really, was all this ugly animosity and sniping really necessary....??

Rubbish

Loyalty is a two way street

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Wolfman said:

You want petty and vindictive.  I made a harmless comment about one of their comps and was singled out for ridicule by Scooby, Molloy, Insider and Yir Tiz.  I was denied entry to their comps and I had my private messages read and then my private message box deleted.

After the various comps I had run for him and the prize money I had put up on the Tips forum, I would have thought I deserved a bit more loyalty from Scooby.

I'm done on there, and I'm enjoying running the comps on here with a group of people who for the most part enjoy a proper competition.

• Like 6
  • Champ Post 1

Dave, I think most of us here wanted a fresh start with the freedom to post even if it was not the party line.

We have it and we enjoy it

RC  has a place just like BOAY does as does Race Chat and I guess we gravitate to where we are most comfortable 

Enjoy

Tom

Edited by Turny
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Turny said:

Dave, I think most of us here wanted a fresh start with the freedom to post even if it was not the party line.

We have it and we enjoy it

RC  has a place just like BOAY does as does Race Chat and I guess we gravitate to where we are most comfortable 

Enjoy

Tom

Agree Tom. The underhand way it was done was wrong though in my view. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Wolfman said:

I've copped it too NM, the difference is I gave it right back. Eventually he backs down. He can be a pain, but is bloody entertaining at times and has forgotten more than most of us will ever know about the Industry. Just don't take it seriously or personally...hard I know.

Ohoka, you mean well, and I think your a decent bloke. But mate, some were treated very, very poorly by your mates, for a long time. It’s a close bunch of mates now, and your one of them, that’s fine. 

But, if anyone did challenge him, they were banned, simple as, that’s certainly not a forum is it? Threats, swearing & abuse, well you can call it entertaining, but I don’t. 

I can see why owner would be upset, boay forum tells it like it is, once and for all members had a platform to tell the truth, unlike other site, it would have been pulled immediately, Person banned, and you would keep thinking how good it was! 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, N1MUE said:

You want petty and vindictive.  I made a harmless comment about one of their comps and was singled out for ridicule by Scooby, Molloy, Insider and Yir Tiz.  I was denied entry to their comps and I had my private messages read and then my private message box deleted.

After the various comps I had run for him and the prize money I had put up on the Tips forum, I would have thought I deserved a bit more loyalty from Scooby.

I'm done on there, and I'm enjoying running the comps on here with a group of people who for the most part enjoy a proper competition.

And like TC, you have taken the running and scoring of comps to a new level.

I'm going to have to learn spreadsheet skills before I even attempt another one, just amazing what the 2 or you do, also Brian, Jason, Yankiwi, Newmarket and anyone else I have missed who has taken on the onerous task of running a comp, as you can see, it is not easy keeping everyone happy

Comps are not the be all and end all of BOAY, but they certainly help in creating a great atmosphere and community

Edited by hesi
  • Like 4
  • Champ Post 1

1 minute ago, Wolfman said:

Agree Tom. The underhand way it was done was wrong though in my view. 

Nah, many were ready for a change, don’t let it bother you. 

Anyway, just as well a few left, otherwise you might have had 2million, 3 million hits last month, poor old system struggles now?

Have a good day ohoka, 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1