Bit Of A Yarn

BOAY vs RC - the issues

hesi

1 hour ago, Wolfman said:

You are all fucking experts aren't you ? And you wonder why things happen.....?

May 1.3m total, 800+ visitors a day, 100,000 pages a month, that's 3300 a day.....not bad for a shit site.

So keep on sneering fellas. 

Your numbers now don't make sense.  1.3m hits as Pete and I have pointed out is pretty meaningless.  Plus there is no indication in terms of visible site activity that there are other 30 individual visitors per hour every hour of the day.  

Edited by Boxie
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Taazman said:

Hi Wolfy,

I'm not sure what you hope to achieve with the insults. I was a member of RC for quite a while, entered a few comps and enjoyed reading the banter for the most part. It did however, especially in the last year, start to get pretty personal with two obvious 'sides' forming. The abuse from certain individuals ( with limited moderating) was starting to stifle respectful discussion. As a result some former RC members have formed a new site. No one died, no one has lost their job or a truckload of money. The greatest damage done appears to be a few egos. I still occasionally look at the RC site but I am enjoying the mostly civil banter, discussion and comps on this site. People are free to choose which site they wish to participate in and should be able to do this in both if they choose.

Life's too short to get overly upset over this!!

Have a good rest of the day.

Taazi ?

Taazi you da man..couldn't have said it better mself (and I'd have probably taken longer!!)

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Yankiwi said:

I've often wondered why the nick-name Scooby was selected...

latest?cb=20140315191209

Seems a bit more like Scrappy to me.

LOL I just read this thread an the Advertisement for the top of the page was for Eukanuba dog food!!!!!!

Edited by Boxie
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, N1MUE said:

You want petty and vindictive.  I made a harmless comment about one of their comps and was singled out for ridicule by Scooby, Molloy, Insider and Yir Tiz.  I was denied entry to their comps and I had my private messages read and then my private message box deleted.

After the various comps I had run for him and the prize money I had put up on the Tips forum, I would have thought I deserved a bit more loyalty from Scooby.

I'm done on there, and I'm enjoying running the comps on here with a group of people who for the most part enjoy a proper competition.

I've been told your PM box was never interfered with. It was your decision to go so it would have been deleted then.

3 hours ago, Newmarket said:

Language please, your not on rc. 

Maybe go back and convince ya mates these figures are correct, seems your getting upset about nothing.

So, the 800 visits per day, each one of these visits is over 4 pages which adds up to 3300 pages per day???? What are you thinking, maybe the page is blank?

3300 pages per day is crazy stuff

I've seen the numbers NM...they are correct. When you are getting 800+ visitors a day, it's not hard is it...??

Anyway, I've said my bit. No point going on..clearly we aren't going to agree. 

22 hours ago, N1MUE said:

Morons?  Ouch.

You don't have to play in this comp if you don't like it here.  I've got others who missed out on the 54 who would be happy to take your place.

Think you had better get in a sub....clearly given my view I shouldn't be here. Best of luck with it.

Is it normal procedure Chief Stipe, to delete a persons mailbox if they decide to leave a site?.  

It's a bit like the line in Hotel California anyway, 

You can check out any time you like,
But you can never leave

I think the real reason was more to do with paranoia 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Wolfman said:

I've been told your PM box was never interfered with. It was your decision to go so it would have been deleted then.

That's not true, but it's time to move on.  The decision to leave was made for me and I'm fine with how it worked out.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Wolfman said:

I've seen the numbers NM...they are correct. When you are getting 800+ visitors a day, it's not hard is it...??

Your numbers don't add up.  Well the one's you have provided anyway.  

23 minutes ago, Wolfman said:

600 visitors a day from boay, we can only visit, cause we can no longer post ???

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Wolfman said:

Think you had better get in a sub....clearly given my view I shouldn't be here. Best of luck with it.

Umm, argh, mmm, ok. Well, there’s my comp mate gone for this week. Please replace him with a punter worse than me, if that is possible ?

• Haha 1

Well....that's a bit sad....ohokadude didn't last long....thought he was one of the better guys over there.

But the best thing about this site....nobody got nasty with him...he was the one with the foul langauge....but I do love the humour on this site.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Boxie said:

Your numbers don't add up.  Well the one's you have provided anyway.  

Not worth worrying about boxie. You know that once they make a bold statement over there, they never back down, right or wrong. 

Not sure what that proves anyway, just having someone that logs in many times a day, really shows you nothing. 

Maybe they produced these numbers to gloss over the amount of posters they now have, it has really dropped off. Good luck to them thou, don’t see why we can’t work in tandem . 

Punting comp, them vrs us!