Bit Of A Yarn

BOAY vs RC - the issues

hesi

10 minutes ago, hesi said:

Anyone don't get what I mean have a look at the profile of the winner on the RC Jewels comp

Talk about dance of the desperates

Yeah had a chuckle at that one myself.  Quite a few entrants suddenly popped up out of nowhere.   Interesting comp too - pick a bunch of winners in the first 8 races, but it all pretty much came down to the trifecta in the last race - could have saved a whole bunch of time and effort and just gone with trifecta in the last.  

Although I did note the neurotic one was trying a lot harder with the score updates.

Edited by N1MUE
  • Like 3

36 minutes ago, hesi said:

At least we are not digging up old bodies from 2006, somehow breathing new life into them, too much life in fact, as they are winning comps:D:D:D

Thought that too, just found out this morning, my brother contacted me, he said someone’s using my Acc on rc ??

He is a slippery snake, that’s for sure. No wonder they all of a sudden start comps, nobody’s claiming prize ?

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, N1MUE said:

Yeah had a chuckle at that one myself.  Quite a few entrants suddenly popped up out of nowhere.   Interesting comp too - pick a bunch of winners in the first 8 races, but it all pretty much came down to the trifecta in the last race - could have saved a whole bunch of time and effort and just gone with trifecta in the last.  

Although I did note the neurotic one was trying a lot harder with the score updates.

Be far to say his Casio and hb pencil, a world away from you sophisticated system. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, hesi said:

Anyone don't get what I mean have a look at the profile of the winner on the RC Jewels comp

Talk about dance of the desperates

Sure is hesi, he took a lot of talented people for granted on the other site and when they bit back and left r.c it just shows up all his poor management..remove the main brain and you are left with a zombie!

• Haha 1

You would also have to say, some possibly serious breaches of privacy going on at RC, beware

The Chief understands the software better than anyone, perhaps he could brief us on just what might be happening at RC 

I have little doubt that people of interest have had their mailbox hacked into

1 hour ago, hesi said:

You would also have to say, some possibly serious breaches of privacy going on at RC, beware

The Chief understands the software better than anyone, perhaps he could brief us on just what might be happening at RC 

I have little doubt that people of interest have had their mailbox hacked into

Stop talking crap Hesi. I think you will find that RC is doing just fine..over a million hits last month alone and more joining by the day now time wasters like you have and others have vacated the premises. You might be in for some surprises shortly....?

Edited by hesi

34 minutes ago, Wolfman said:

Stop talking crap Hesi. I think you will find that RC is doing just fine..over a million hits last month alone and more joining by the day now time wasters like you have and others have vacated the premises. You might be in for some surprises shortly....?

Can't be that great wolf if your here hanging out with all the time wasters!!

• Haha 3

35 minutes ago, Wolfman said:

Regardless of how well you think RC may or may not be doing, breaching privacy is against the law.

Also as such I have edited your post to delete my name and replace it with my posting name.

If things are going so well, perhaps some of that money that is being poured into comps, should be put into basic site maintenance so there isn't a 2 second refresh delay for a start

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Wolfman said:

Mmmmmmm.......appears also that you have become a stooge for RC site owner, info in that post that only they would know, very likely, that he even wrote that post, his dopey style

Edited by hesi

1 minute ago, Newmarket said:

Wolfe, what are you on bro? For one, scoobs has stated he has 9,000 members, 80,000 visits per month, which last about as long as RS in bed, 6 minutes. But apparently he makes contact with 5 million on social media?????. His words not mine. 

Sadly, he has banned so many, maybe 100 post now. 

But, you could be right. He has so many new posters, and many posters that didn’t even know they were posting, but just appear. ?

Desperate measures me old mate, scoobs is known to go to great lengths at times, I’m waiting for him to join here under one of his many aliases. I hope it’s ABCDE, that was his best fail, I still laugh about it. 

You forgot the F mate and we know what that stands for ??

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

But, you could be right. He has so many new posters, and many posters that didn’t even know they were posting, but just appear. ?

If as you say NM, your brother's account is being used(not by him), then that should be cause for concern for anyone who has registered at RC

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, hesi said:

If as you say NM, your brother's account is being used(not by him), then that should be cause for concern for anyone who has registered at RC

Funny thing, it was his username, but now he can’t access account, won’t allow him to post?? Surely that wouldn’t happen ?.  He did say that he hadn’t used account since last year, so not sure what happened there. 

Edited by Newmarket

1 minute ago, Newmarket said:

Funny thing, it was his username, but now he can’t access account? He did say that he hadn’t used account since last year, so not sure what happened there. 

Still a worry, if someone else is using his account as you say, then someone has been able to get into that account, and of course that also means being able to access his personal message system, which may contain confidential information

7 minutes ago, hesi said:

Still a worry, if someone else is using his account as you say, then someone has been able to get into that account, and of course that also means being able to access his personal message system, which may contain confidential information

I think most people on here had PMS  checked and disabled by his nibs when boay opened up, as a measure to stop the brain drain.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Flagship uberalles said:

I think most people on here had PMS  checked and disabled by his nibs when boay opened up, as a measure to stop the brain drain.

I was going to respond in the negative to your post then re-read it.  I assure you PM's are not checked on BOAY.  I'm very hot on privacy and one day may well share a few experiences from somewhere else.  

At the end of the day BOAY doesn't favour any stakeholder as the point is to give everyone a forum to express their views.

BOAY rules are simple.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

I was going to respond in the negative to your post then re-read it.  I assure you PM's are not checked on BOAY.  I'm very hot on privacy and one day may well share a few experiences from somewhere else.  

At the end of the day BOAY doesn't favour any stakeholder as the point is to give everyone a forum to express their views.

BOAY rules are simple.

Yes I did not mean checked on boay, I meant on r.c. we are well aware that you posses high standards chief and are above underhand crap like that.

7 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

BOAY rules are simple.

Glad you re-read it, I think FU was referring to PM's allegedly read on RC, NOT BOAY

• Like 1

Having read the last page on this thread, I have something to say..so listen up!

I am on this site precisely because I didn't enjoy the stupid name-calling/insulting/offensive behavior of various posters. I simply want to have some fun, learn, comment and interact with lovers of thoroughbred racing/breeding.

If this site falls into the trap of responding to bait deliberately sent out by supporters of the rival site, this site will be lowering its standards and undoing all the good work building it up over the last few weeks (not to mention the planning beforehand).

IMHO, BOAY controllers, whoever you are, whatever your opinions on RC and its followers, please do the sensible thing. Ignore the nonsense. Don't take the bait. Stick to the good stuff and enjoy the reaction you get from members.

And that's all I have to say about that!

• Like 6
  • Champ Post 1

4 minutes ago, Weasel said:

Having read the last page on this thread, I have something to say..so listen up!

I am on this site precisely because I didn't enjoy the stupid name-calling/insulting/offensive behavior of various posters. I simply want to have some fun, learn, comment and interact with lovers of thoroughbred racing/breeding.

If this site falls into the trap of responding to bait deliberately sent out by supporters of the rival site, this site will be lowering its standards and undoing all the good work building it up over the last few weeks (not to mention the planning beforehand).

IMHO, BOAY controllers, whoever you are, whatever your opinions on RC and its followers, please do the sensible thing. Ignore the nonsense. Don't take the bait. Stick to the good stuff and enjoy the reaction you get from members.

Very good advice, thanks for reminding us all about this and how easy it is to fall into that trap

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Weasel said:

I hear you Weasel.  An unfortunate choice of name but YOUR choice.

I do find it hard not to respond as I have been at the sharp end of some rough stuff on a previous forum.  One where I put in many many hours of work.

Anyone who joins BOAY must be allowed to express their views and opinions without fear of loss of privacy, ridicule or retribution.

That might sound a bit wanky but that's the goal.

Personally I have learnt heaps from some posters over the years about racing industry and I hope that continues.

• Like 5