Bit Of A Yarn

BOAY vs RC - the issues

hesi

15 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

Ohoka, you mean well, and I think your a decent bloke. But mate, some were treated very, very poorly by your mates, for a long time. It’s a close bunch of mates now, and your one of them, that’s fine. 

But, if anyone did challenge him, they were banned, simple as, that’s certainly not a forum is it? Threats, swearing & abuse, well you can call it entertaining, but I don’t. 

I can see why owner would be upset, boay forum tells it like it is, once and for all members had a platform to tell the truth, unlike other site, it would have been pulled immediately, Person banned, and you would keep thinking how good it was! 

You are spot on......best part about this site...you don't have the certain angry smurf that let's rip with all the swear words imaginable..... Its just good banter.

Sort of surprised its upset you that much ohokadude....comp members were told they weren't welcome...many harness dudes like myself....were banned ages ago! Maybe he should have looked after people better....

• Like 1

Having posted last night my concern that BOAY is 'taking the bait' by getting into endless argument over RC, I note that there are a truckload of posts on this thread today about ... RC.

Is no-one listening?

PLEASE ...either ban the subject or move it to a different part of the site (give it its own if you like, and let the bitter and twisted do battle without ruining this site for me!).

This is a results thread for a Comp...

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Weasel said:

Having posted last night my concern that BOAY is 'taking the bait' by getting into endless argument over RC, I note that there are a truckload of posts on this thread today about ... RC.

Is no-one listening?

PLEASE ...either ban the subject or move it to a different part of the site (give it its own if you like, and let the bitter and twisted do battle without ruining this site for me!).

Good advice.  Might set up a Venting Thread.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Kakama said:

You are spot on......best part about this site...you don't have the certain angry smurf that let's rip with all the swear words imaginable..... Its just good banter.

Sort of surprised its upset you that much ohokadude....comp members were told they weren't welcome...many harness dudes like myself....were banned ages ago! Maybe he should have looked after people better....

Quite agree kakama, if your opinion didn't fit with the "in" group, you were warned, if you complained you were moderated, and so on..but some were allowed to call people every c..t under the sun and were never pulled up about it....no one is going to fully agree with everyone else on this site, but I think 99% of people on here can respect that others have a different opinion without resorting to personal attacks.. and that is the difference between r/c and boay

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Weasel said:

Is no-one listening?

Right again weasel?

9 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Good advice.  Might set up a Venting Thread.

Shall I start one, as it applies to Thoroughbred, Trots and Dogs, not sure where it should go, so how about under the Boxing section:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, hesi said:

Shall I start one, as it applies to Thoroughbred, Trots and Dogs, not sure where it should go, so how about under the Boxing section:)

Instead of boay news, rename it and then Wolf and his mates can go for it, I’m sure others will have a crack too in the future! WWF we could call it, If somebody wants to team up, we could be the bushwackers!! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Newmarket said:

Nah, many were ready for a change, don’t let it bother you. 

Anyway, just as well a few left, otherwise you might have had 2million, 3 million hits last month, poor old system struggles now?

Have a good day ohoka, 

Don't think they are struggling NM....1.3m in May....and the poor old system is being sorted....?

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1.3 million? Really? Who plucks these figures out of thin air? Must be a truckload (about 1.2999999999 million) who are probably bots.

Throwing figures like that around just makes you look ill-informed at best or just plain gullible at worst.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

13 minutes ago, Wolfman said:

Don't think they are struggling NM....1.3m in May....and the poor old system is being sorted....?

LMAO again :) 

If you have a look at the various threads on RC and the number of views in each, there is absolutely no way on earth they'd get anywhere near a million in a month.  Perhaps a zero or two added on to the end for good effect!?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Wolfman said:

It's a meaningless statistic Wolfman.  What are hits?  1.3m "hits" equal 1,800 "hits" an hour every day.  A hit is every time a script, image, font etc is loaded when a page is visited.  There are numerous tools on the net that show how many "hits" a particular page generates.  Most sites generate around 50 or more.  Therefore about 32 separate pages per hour are being visited by real and not so real users (e.g. bots, spammers etc.).  Now if the average user looks at say 10 threads then, not even counting bots, that's 3 people an hour!  Yes THREE PEOPLE AN HOUR visiting.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

39 minutes ago, Wolfman said:

Ohoka, please don’t get sucked in. Yesterday it was over a million, now it’s 1.3 mill, what’s it gonna be tomorrow ? 

Anyway, there’s no way to count that high, scoobs wang only goes to 100,000, maybe it’s rounding up rc style ?

D1EE2145-1C23-4D95-92A9-1F01AA5EE0BD.jpeg

• Haha 3

I've started up a new thread, it has an objective title so as not to be seen to be inciting a response.

Can we keep off the World Cup Comp results thread, out of respect for N1MUE and all the work he has put in.

I'll start it, by saying, BOAY is only just 8 weeks old, we don't have as much traffic or members as RC, we have many times better comps, we have more news feeds, we have a better community spirit, as evidenced by the number of posters who are prepared to get in and help out.  We have a professional IT person in charge, already we have established links with important players within the industry, who have responded positively because of the way BOAY is being run.

Whether BOAY becomes the premier site, is still in the future.

I'm biased, but I know where I will be putting my money

Cheers big ears:)

Edited by hesi
  • Champ Post 2

• hesi pinned and featured this topic
1 hour ago, pete said:

1.3 million? Really? Who plucks these figures out of thin air? Must be a truckload (about 1.2999999999 million) who are probably bots.

Throwing figures like that around just makes you look ill-informed at best or just plain gullible at worst.

You are all fucking experts aren't you ? And you wonder why things happen.....?

May 1.3m total, 800+ visitors a day, 100,000 pages a month, that's 3300 a day.....not bad for a shit site.

So keep on sneering fellas. 

17 minutes ago, Wolfman said:

May 1.3m total, 800+ visitors a day, 100,000 pages a month, that's 3300 a day.....not bad for a shit site.

Language please, your not on rc. 

Maybe go back and convince ya mates these figures are correct, seems your getting upset about nothing.

So, the 800 visits per day, each one of these visits is over 4 pages which adds up to 3300 pages per day???? What are you thinking, maybe the page is blank?

3300 pages per day is crazy stuff

• Like 1

Hi Wolfy,

I'm not sure what you hope to achieve with the insults. I was a member of RC for quite a while, entered a few comps and enjoyed reading the banter for the most part. It did however, especially in the last year, start to get pretty personal with two obvious 'sides' forming. The abuse from certain individuals ( with limited moderating) was starting to stifle respectful discussion. As a result some former RC members have formed a new site. No one died, no one has lost their job or a truckload of money. The greatest damage done appears to be a few egos. I still occasionally look at the RC site but I am enjoying the mostly civil banter, discussion and comps on this site. People are free to choose which site they wish to participate in and should be able to do this in both if they choose.

Life's too short to get overly upset over this!!

Have a good rest of the day.

Taazi ?

• Like 7
  • Champ Post 1

36 minutes ago, Wolfman said:

I know a whole lot more about websites than you appear to sunshine. Been doing this software development lark for more years than I care to admit.

You're just making a fool of yourself now. 

Back you go to the boss on the other side for further indoctrination.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Meaningless, as evidenced by the following succinct explanation:

Hit Counter

A hit counter measures and displays the number of times visitors have viewed a single page on a website. Hit counters are typically displayed on homepages. Hit counters can be public or non-public. If they are non-public, or ‘invisible’, only the webmaster can see how many times the page has been viewed. Technically, hit counters measure requests sent by a visitor’s browser to a server. Each time a visitor’s browser requests to see a page on your site, this request is relayed through your server, and is called a hit.

There is a high potential for confusion here, because log analysis also involves the interpretation of ‘hits’. The hits recorded by log files are much more numerous, and do not individually represent individual human ‘hits’ or ‘clicks’. The hits recorded by log files each represent a single pieces of information (for example a graphic such as a gif) which, when taken together, make up page views. In log file analysis a single page view can generate dozens of hits, depending on how much information is being called up, in terms of graphics, etc. Therefore it is important to always find out the definition of a hit in the system that you are using.

The advantage of hit counters is that many are free, easy to install, and can be graphically altered to fit in with the feel of your site. Additionally, there are also numerous scripts available for free download that can be used to make your own hit or page counter, if you have the time and know-how. To have a look, type “hit counter script download” into your favorite search engine.

The drawback of hit counters is that they will not tell you how many unique visitors you have had. Nor do they always tell you the time period which has been measured. Often the data stretches back to the installation of the counter, which can be interesting, but will not help to analyze trends.

• Like 2
  • Champ Post 1

17 minutes ago, pete said:

I know a whole lot more about websites than you appear to sunshine. Been doing this software development lark for more years than I care to admit.

You're just making a fool of yourself now. 

Back you go to the boss on the other side for further indoctrination.

30 I think you said