Bit Of A Yarn

Team Driving - Guilty

41 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

And when it is not to your satisfaction you come on a racing site and moan and moan for years . As i said , get on one of the boards if you want to make changes cos your current strategy along with all the other moaners is not working.

I have posted previously about the  beauty of 2 independent directors providing they get quality candidates in the new HRNZ board structure. I'm certain all the current CEO nonsense and back tracking would not have occurred if independents were overseeing governance matters.

Greg

LOL! 
Greg these suits are paid big money to perform!

I dont need to be paid big money, and I could advise them how to run things!

3 hours ago, Brodie said:

LOL! 
Greg these suits are paid big money to perform!

I dont need to be paid big money, and I could advise them how to run things!

Brodies advice = Let the punters win an extra $500 million a year.

I like the advice and could do with the money but not sure the TAB business can sustain that kind of loss every year.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nowornever said:

Brodies advice = Let the punters win an extra $500 million a year.

I like the advice and could do with the money but not sure the TAB business can sustain that kind of loss every year.

I would be encouraging wagering and not trying to get rid of punters.

If you are relying on losing punters to continue to offload, then racing is buggered.

The NZ TAB need to be attracting new punters for racing to remain feasable.

Unfortunately the industry is becoming less Popular and needs new blood coming thru!

5 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

Been going for centuries and never seen a bookie go broke yet. Your logic is flawed but dont let facts get in the road of your story

I am not talking about Bookies, Greg!!!!

I am talking about harness racing!!

Harness racing is at a crossroads at the moment!

If the TAB can not attract new punters, then there will not be the stake money to pay anything!

If the stakes arent worth running for compared to owning, then there will be no new owners etc.

The TAB does not give a rats about harness racing, in fact they would prefer not to have it!!!

The tote pools are pathetic, the amount you can get on is pathetic and the thing that keeps the NZ TAB going is the sports punting!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Happy Sunrise said:

I am startled when I see the promotions they have for gallops on first 4s etc. By comparison, harness gets SFA.

Happy, the TAB would be happy just to have Gallops and Sports Betting.

The gallops has all the extras and yes harness is the poor relation.

I have been told several times from TAB employees that if harness didnt exist, then then the TAB  would be better off!

What this unnecessary extended lockdown is doing is keeping people away from racing and some may just never return to the course.

Having a look at the last race at Addington tote pools and there is a combined total of $7k for the win and place pools!

There is no way On earth that  the NZ TAB can guarantee that stake money is not going to be reduced with this amount of punting!