Bit Of A Yarn

Seriously Denis O’Connell- Hand your license in!!!!

Brodie

That was one of the worst drives I have ever witnessed by a harness driver!

I doubt whether you could have done any worse than that on Petes Dash, but to be fair it is not the first time!!!!

You were in the trail and going to be following the pacemaker and yet you couldnt steer the horse and sat parked.

When you couldve haded up and get a trail, you pressed on and were under the bat and driving hard a long way out!!!

FFS, if the Stipes dont suspend Mr O’Connells license for a very long time after that shocking drive, then the RIU should all be sacked.

That really was a shocker and harness deserve drivers on the track that have some sort of ability and Denis you fell well short of this again.

Denis, have you not realised that your Horses go better when you arent on them?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Brodie said:

That was one of the worst drives I have ever witnessed by a harness driver!

I doubt whether you could have done any worse than that on Petes Dash, but to be fair it is not the first time!!!!

You were in the trail and going to be following the pacemaker and yet you couldnt steer the horse and sat parked.

When you couldve haded up and get a trail, you pressed on and were under the bat and driving hard a long way out!!!

FFS, if the Stipes dont suspend Mr O’Connells license for a very long time after that shocking drive, then the RIU should all be sacked.

That really was a shocker and harness deserve drivers on the track that have some sort of ability and Denis you fell well short of this again.

Denis, have you not realised that your Horses go better when you arent on them?

What is the difference with amatuers and a driver like O Connell,are the amatuers only allowed to drive in amatuer only or what

I watched the video,was a very average drive,the driver of Alexy drove a very average drive in the first race as well,getting back to Pete's Dash to finish sixth and beat half the field home does make you wonder about the horses who finished behind it,like the horse was well used yet beat most of the others is a bit of a mystery.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, mikeynz said:

What is the difference with amatuers and a driver like O Connell,are the amatuers only allowed to drive in amatuer only or what

Yeah amateurs can only drive in amateur races.

What constitutes a graduation driver?

Someone who can sit in a cart and not have any skill?

How on earth has he graduated from any academy when he can not have passed anything, going by that ?

Not trying to be personal, however it is far from the first time and if that is acceptable then god help harness racing!!!!

26 minutes ago, mikeynz said:

I watched the video,was a very average drive,the driver of Alexy drove a very average drive in the first race as well,getting back to Pete's Dash to finish sixth and beat half the field home does make you wonder about the horses who finished behind it,like the horse was well used yet beat most of the others is a bit of a mystery.

Mikey, you couldnt call it very average!

It was absolutely incompetent and I believe there is a rule in harness that says the driver has to give The horse its best opportunity!

Ray Reekie an amateur got a long time in the stands for a poor drive a few years ago!

This drive was twice as bad as that one!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Yeah amateurs can only drive in amateur races.

What constitutes a graduation driver?

Someone who can sit in a cart and not have any skill?

How on earth has he graduated from any academy when he can not have passed anything, going by that ?

Not trying to be personal, however it is far from the first time and if that is acceptable then god help harness racing!!!!

Do amatuers get  a fee?

25 minutes ago, mikeynz said:

How do you get a community reputation of 3751,gee I've been here a while now and have only got to 92.

93 now. 

Dunno, talk shit?

I came over from the darkside after Flagship Uberalles PM me on Channel X to get over here. I had given up posting on there anyway but wasn't booted out like my original brothers Brodie, HTP and Flagship  (who has disappeared sadly and it is quite worrying as it was out of the blue which was most unlike him)

All of us have been here essentially from the beginning once Chief set up this site so maybe that is the answer.

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

4 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

93 now. 

Dunno, talk shit?

I came over from the darkside after Flagship Uberalles PM me on Channel X to get over here. I had given up posting on there anyway but wasn't booted out like my original brothers Brodie, HTP and Flagship  (who has disappeared sadly and it is quite worrying as it was out of the blue which was most unlike him)

All of us have been here essentially from the beginning once Chief set up this site so maybe that is the answer.

The changes they have made here I dont like.

Actually where is Flagship?

He was a very intelligent poster!

I do know that there are alot of harness enthusiasts that do read our very intelligent banter, but do not post for so e reason?

Maybe they all agree that The Brodster is “always on the money”.

This is a great site that Chief allows us to speak our mi d and discuss things, whether you think it is important or a load of BS!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

93 now. 

Dunno, talk shit?

come back flaggie  hope all is well 

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

I have just read the stewards report for today.

The race in question the stewards did actually question Denis O’Connell as to why he gave Petes Dash no cover despite having the opportunity to on at least 2 occasions!

It doesnt say what Mr O’Connells reason was which will be very interesting?

The stewards have adjourned the matter till a later date!

There is only one reason that he could have given, which is that I am nlt a very good driver!

If there is any integrity whatsoever, there has to be a indefinite suspension to the license and back to the trials for 6 months at least!

• Like 1