Bit Of A Yarn

Seriously Denis O’Connell- Hand your license in!!!!

Brodie

7 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Kimberley clearly went for a gap that wasnt there, and she will admit that, but she is a skilled horse woman and driver, however Denis could not be classed as the second one!

Mr O’Connell certainly used the whip in the straight unnecessarily as the horse was already beaten

tell ya what brodster Denis can get old horses to run for him as a trainer 

56 minutes ago, hunterthepunter said:

tell ya what brodster Denis can get old horses to run for him as a trainer 

You are probably right, and I am not doubting that he can train horses!

He should not be allowed a license to drive on raceday!

His driving record UDR clearly shows that!

His horse he previously trained Vigaroso is going like a champ in OZ!!

2 hours ago, Brodie said:

Kimberley clearly went for a gap that wasnt there, and she will admit that, but she is a skilled horse woman and driver, however Denis could not be classed as the second one!

Mr O’Connell certainly used the whip in the straight unnecessarily as the horse was already beaten

So what your saying is you can mitigate the level of poor driving  by K Butt's because she is a skilled driver,But O'connell,who causes no interference,doesn't deserve to be judged in the same as way Butt, because he is not a skilled driver.  Thats a double standard your applying.

O'connell used the whip,within the rules,to the point when he faded back to 6th. 5th was a stake bearing place so i think his limited use of the whip was not unreasonable.

As referred to earlier by crosscodes,the K tomlinson drive on glenthorne could be viewed as a poorly judged drive, more detrimental to that horses chances than the O'connell drive.  But that doesn't make her drive deserving of official censure either. If Glenthorne goes best in front,then why should she not attempt to try and lead throughout. Besides it takes two to be in a speed duel,and automatically should not become the fault of just the driver who's horse is paying more on the tote. 

Drivers can't be expected to go out and drive in races with a mindset that they can not drive their horses to their strengths,because they may face official censure if another driver wants to use the same tactics. 

• Like 1

Seriously, how can anyone defend Mr O’Connells drive, it wasnt just one very poor decision!

Have a look at the UDR and no. Of wins!

Please explain why he has only a Graduation license when he has held an Open License previousy?

Yes Keryns decision to press on so hard when leading was not great, however she did win the Juniors inter island champs recently, so can drive.

Mr O’Connell’s drive and decision making was extremely poor and not up to a  standard and deserves a long suspension.

A young Junior lost his license and was sent back to the trials, and he actually won his race!!!!

Mr O’Connell has not got the ability to drive a winner at Addington, so how does that work?

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

Seriously, how can anyone defend Mr O’Connells drive, it wasnt just one very poor decision!

I never said it wasn't a poor drive. What i have said is in my opinion your suggestion that he hand in his licence or that he should get a lenghty suspension is an over reaction. 

5 minutes ago, hunterthepunter said:

what has happened to that stable now???

Are you referring to the all stars?

One of the most obvious observations that anyone who watches harness racing on a regular basis can see,is that in recent months this stable has lost the" run forever no matter how hard they go " asset they had. It seemed to start pre virus,with some, including myself commenting, to that effect.  They still set the benchmark for excellence,but they are now no longer unbeatable. 

In my opinion we should be asking why that is,what happened,and for how long will it last?

20 minutes ago, mikeynz said:

Put Mark Purdon on Pete's Dash,see what happens.

Put Tim the butcher boy Willams on self assured see what happens.put any girl bar Nat or Sam on see what happens.hrnz is inept and so is NZ trots.just like your ponies anything with ability gone USA Canada when will we see more drivers and trainers do the same as Todd McCarthy.the money on offer makes it worth it.if that happened NZ trots would become very inept.please Brodie this is racing forum not political so your liberal national views not welcomed carnt wait for the pot cafes go Jacinta

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, the galah said:

I never said it wasn't a poor drive. What i have said is in my opinion your suggestion that he hand in his licence or that he should get a lenghty suspension is an over reaction. 

Are you referring to the all stars?

One of the most obvious observations that anyone who watches harness racing on a regular basis can see,is that in recent months this stable has lost the" run forever no matter how hard they go " asset they had. It seemed to start pre virus,with some, including myself commenting, to that effect.  They still set the benchmark for excellence,but they are now no longer unbeatable. 

In my opinion we should be asking why that is,what happened,and for how long will it last?

there has been a bit road works when the lollie pop boy turns the sign it be all go

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, the galah said:

So what your saying is you can mitigate the level of poor driving  by K Butt's because she is a skilled driver,But O'connell,who causes no interference,doesn't deserve to be judged in the same as way Butt, because he is not a skilled driver.  Thats a double standard your applying.

O'connell used the whip,within the rules,to the point when he faded back to 6th. 5th was a stake bearing place so i think his limited use of the whip was not unreasonable.

As referred to earlier by crosscodes,the K tomlinson drive on glenthorne could be viewed as a poorly judged drive, more detrimental to that horses chances than the O'connell drive.  But that doesn't make her drive deserving of official censure either. If Glenthorne goes best in front,then why should she not attempt to try and lead throughout. Besides it takes two to be in a speed duel,and automatically should not become the fault of just the driver who's horse is paying more on the tote. 

Drivers can't be expected to go out and drive in races with a mindset that they can not drive their horses to their strengths,because they may face official censure if another driver wants to use the same tactics. 

I don't think K Butt is that skilled when it comes to driving. If you compare her to other female drivers like Samantha Ottley, Sherree Tomlinson, Natalie Rasmussen or Sarah O'Reilly, she is not as good as them ladies. Training she is OK at!

39 minutes ago, retarded driver said:

Put Tim the butcher boy Willams on self assured see what happens.put any girl bar Nat or Sam on see what happens.hrnz is inept and so is NZ trots.just like your ponies anything with ability gone USA Canada when will we see more drivers and trainers do the same as Todd McCarthy.the money on offer makes it worth it.if that happened NZ trots would become very inept.please Brodie this is racing forum not political so your liberal national views not welcomed carnt wait for the pot cafes go Jacinta

Hopefully Pot cafes will have a TAB agency included? 

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, retarded driver said:

Mr Brodie's views are very much welcomed. It's called democracy, we don't all have to think the same way 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, retarded driver said:

We can not have racing without politics Mr Retard!

Once Winston is gone then racing will not get any more bailouts!

Forums are for discussions and sometimes topics get intertwined!

If you do not like the topic then you are not required to comment!

Anyway, I think your country has more than enough to worry about, thinking maybe you could take our PM but we do not want the Victoria Premier in exchange.

Edited by Brodie
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Anyway, I think your country has more than enough to worry about, thinking maybe you could take our PM but we do not want the Victoria Premier in exchange.

Both NZ and Victoria have Labour premiers. Says it all.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brodie said:

got to keep Winston on as racing minister . plus likes exporting live sheep

29 minutes ago, Ludwig said:

If Labour gets back in, minus Winnie, who will be racing minister? My money's on someone dynamic like Twyford.

Phil likes to get in early and totally stuff everything he touches!

Racing is already stuffed but yes he would be ideal as Racing Minister as he has no idea about how to succeed at anything!

41 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Phil likes to get in early and totally stuff everything he touches!

Racing is already stuffed but yes he would be ideal as Racing Minister as he has no idea about how to succeed at anything!

Brodster more labour bashing, 3 more years champ!!

Question how good was Atom Love?

• Bad Post 1

11 minutes ago, Noodlum said:

Why would you want three more years?  Can you tell us what they have actually done?

What are they meant to have done?  Politics aside it doesn't really matter who is in power, but still great to see the country's fuc,d but im alright mentality still rife amongst middle aged white men

ooh Winnie bailed the tab out, forget about owners, breeders, trainers and drivers.  Without mugs betting on them there is no industry end of story.

• Haha 1