Bit Of A Yarn

Seriously Denis O’Connell- Hand your license in!!!!

Brodie

4 minutes ago, boobybec said:

What are they meant to have done?  Politics aside it doesn't really matter who is in power, but still great to see the country's fuc,d but im alright mentality still rife amongst middle aged white men

ooh Winnie bailed the tab out, forget about owners, breeders, trainers and drivers.  Without mugs betting on them there is no industry end of story.

They weren't meant to have done, Kiwibuild, end child poverty, end homelessness, build light rail from Auckland CBD to airport, none of these things have been done. Child poverty and homelessness have increased. But it doesn't matter another term is assured.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Noodlum said:

It does matter because the only way they will get another term is if they can govern alone or with the Maori Party.  That isn't assured.

The Maori Party. You're taking the piss?? The Maori Party have got zero chance of winning a seat. Labour will probably get enough support to govern alone but they will have the Green Party in coalition again. 

11 minutes ago, Davis said:

The Maori Party. You're taking the piss?? The Maori Party have got zero chance of winning a seat. Labour will probably get enough support to govern alone but they will have the Green Party in coalition again. 

I meant the Maori Seats.  The Greens won't have the seats they had last time.  It'll be close.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, boobybec said:

Haha, oh you referring to the best leader in the world?  alas no I wish, but i would definitely go gay for her.   She is such a turn on

So doing nothing, sound good, look nice makes you the best leader in the world - geez you left wingers are a shallow lot. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Davis said:

I don't think K Butt is that skilled when it comes to driving. If you compare her to other female drivers like Samantha Ottley, Sherree Tomlinson, Natalie Rasmussen or Sarah O'Reilly, she is not as good as them ladies. Training she is OK at!

I personally think Kim drives better than some people give her credit for and having a dad as a champion driver probably doesn't help much. I've backed her plenty of times with a bit of success over the years and she can definitely foot it with those that have been named in this post,in my opinion,but of course we are all entitled to one of those.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, boobybec said:

Back to the topic at hand, horrendous drive from O'Connell lucky to driving before christmas 

Just reading this below. Isn't it about time the pasty males in charge got up to date with the lingo. Shouldn't it be horseperson in the rules?

b) No horseman is permitted to use their whip in a striking motion on more than ten occasions inside the final 400 metres. This is inclusive of “backhanders” and the use applies to the horse, harness and/or sulky.

3 hours ago, boobybec said:

Brodster more labour bashing, 3 more years champ!!

Question how good was Atom Love?

To be fair Arderns handling of Covid19 since level 4 has been very poor.

Personally dont believe that National are dead set wanting to win this election as there is such a mess that this nil lot have got us into.

Yes they had to lockdown early as we didnt know what we had, but it has now become such a costly overreaction to a very average virus as Brodie has stated many times.

Personally the mishandling by Ardern is effectively giving us one helluva lot of money due to the historically low interest rates.

I do feel sorry for the many people who are going to be out of work, those that will lose everything they have worked for, the elderly who relied on deposits for income and the many that will decide that life is not worth living for!

Ardern and her useless cohorts are going to be taking one helluva lot of flack over the next few years!,

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Brodie said:

To be fair Arderns handling of Covid19 since level 4 has been very poor.

Personally dont believe that National are dead set wanting to win this election as there is such a mess that this nil lot have got us into.

Yes they had to lockdown early as we didnt know what we had, but it has now become such a costly overreaction to a very average virus as Brodie has stated many times.

Personally the mishandling by Ardern is effectively giving us one helluva lot of money due to the historically low interest rates.

I do feel sorry for the many people who are going to be out of work, those that will lose everything they have worked for, the elderly who relied on deposits for income and the many that will decide that life is not worth living for!

Ardern and her useless cohorts are going to be taking one helluva lot of flack over the next few years!,

Agree, this is a good election to lose. NZ will be in dire circumstances in the next few months. Hundreds of thousands unemployed. Businesses gone under; the government doesn't really care about business so they won't care. 

I feel sorry for the scores that will lose their jobs, homes and dignity, many will never work again. I feel sorry for the university graduates who after years of study will find getting a job difficult. Many, if not most, will have voted Labour so I guess you could say they deserve what they get. But not so. Unfortunately, social media rules today. Ardern knows how to use it, most other politicians don't. People need to stop taking things that are spouted in the media and social media as truths and look deeper. Ignore the mindless slogans, Let's Do This, Be Kind, Team of Five Million,. Most accept every word as true. The likes of Brodie question and research, look at both sides, for and against, and call out the untruths they see. Unfortunately, he is a minority and few do this today.

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

10 hours ago, Mardy said:

I personally think Kim drives better than some people give her credit for and having a dad as a champion driver probably doesn't help much. I've backed her plenty of times with a bit of success over the years and she can definitely foot it with those that have been named in this post,in my opinion,but of course we are all entitled to one of those.

Having a well-known Dad in the game is a major plus I think and not something that "doesn't help much". Harness racing is dominated by a small group of families. If you are born into one of those families your path into the industry is assured. If you come from a non-racing background getting a foot in the game is difficult. Some like Tim Williams, Blair Orange and Regan Todd make it, but they are exceptions. 

Edited by Davis
spelling
  • Like 2

Another shocker!

Seriously if Denis gets to keep his license then the RIU is just a joke.

Another drive another poor drive!

He sat parked and Petes Dash went huge, sticking on very well!

In the straight, Denis moved inwards without checking and chopped off the horse along the passing lane!

He will get done for that I would think?

Denis, seriously, your horse is having his spirit broken by his runs he is being given!

Sit in the stand and Put on a professional driver and your horse will win!!!!!!

• Like 1

Has anyone heard from the HRNZ in regards to the shocker of a drive on Petes Dash?

Surely it is an open and shut case, so why does it take so long, as it is not a damn court case?

What could be a defence for such a shocker, and then another incident in the straight at Methven on the same horse and not mention!!!!!

2 hours ago, Brodie said:

Has anyone heard from the HRNZ in regards to the shocker of a drive on Petes Dash?

Surely it is an open and shut case, so why does it take so long, as it is not a damn court case?

What could be a defence for such a shocker, and then another incident in the straight at Methven on the same horse and not mention!!!!!

was  the grass to long for old Pete to dash home

2 hours ago, hunterthepunter said:

was  the grass to long for old Pete to dash home

Poor Petes Dash has gone very good races at its last 2 starts!

Had he been driven by a professional driver rather than a graduate driver Petes Dash would be very close to winning! 

Surely Denis will see the light and put a decent driver on Petes Dash!

Although I believe he will be sitting in the stands for a long time shortly, as the Stipes have no choice