Bit Of A Yarn

Methven Sunday.. a little comp

9 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

After Race 8.  One point between the first 3.  Tacula holds the lead.  Will there be a driver suspension?  Who noticed the giving room to the outside horse to come to the rail and trail?  Could someone head round to MikeyNZ's with some new underwear and keep watch - he hasn't scored a point yet!

screenshot-docs.google.com-2020.09.13-15_39_18.png

But I am a model of consistency.

• Haha 2

Race 12 - nice win by Midfrew Luisianabeau when you consider it was 3 lengths last when the starter let them go. 

Well it looks like we have a tie between Spatchcock and Dougie for first.  

Big line up for second with Tacula, Trotsfan and Wolf tied on 15 points only one behind the first two.

Perhaps Dougie is the moral winner with 4 winners compared to Spatchcock's 2.

Results are provisional.  Please do a count of your own scores as in my hurry to get the results up I may have made mistakes and request a recount if you think I have.

screenshot-docs.google.com-2020.09.13-17_32_22.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chief Stipe said:

Race 12 - nice win by Midfrew Luisianabeau when you consider it was 3 lengths last when the starter let them go. 

Big line up for second with Tacula, Trotsfan and Wolf tied on 15 points only one behind the first two.

Results are provisional.  Please do a count of your own scores as in my hurry to get the results up I may have made mistakes and request a recount if you think I have.

Awesome work CS.

I'm just happy Mikey got off the mark!!!!!!!!!

Great days racing especially for us E/W and place punters.

Hard to to be harsh of the track but geez that grass was long, some very very slow last 800/400 sectionals, quite a few leaders stopping to a walk too.

Some great driving during the day from Jess Young, Robbie Close, Jason Ford to get 2 trotters around in one piece and that last race by Steve McNally.... also some unusual results, J Dunn 1 pacing from 10 drives, Smith and Ottley both had poor days too.

Edited by Dougie
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, Dougie said:

Awesome work CS.

I'm just happy Mikey got off the mark!!!!!!!!!

Great days racing especially for us E/W and place punters.

Hard to to be harsh of the track but geez that grass was long, some very very slow last 800/400 sectionals, quite a few leaders stopping to a walk too.

Some great driving during the day from Jess Young, Robbie Close, Jason Ford to get 2 trotters around in one piece and that last race by Steve McNally.... also some unusual results, J Dunn 1 pacing from 10 drives, Smith and Ottley both had poor days too.

I feel sorry for rusty coz he didn't beat me but al least there is one thing about finishing at the bottom,you can only get better,all fun though just as well I didn't take all my selections in a 4500 dollar multi but there is no doubt Methven and all the grass tracks ain't easy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, mikeynz said:

I feel sorry for rusty coz he didn't beat me but al least there is one thing about finishing at the bottom,you can only get better,all fun though just as well I didn't take all my selections in a 4500 dollar multi but there is no doubt Methven and all the grass tracks ain't easy.

Thanks Mikey.

Well done Dougie, always said you know your horses mate! 

Bloody grass tracks.

I've said for years, they should close all of them down, they are bloody useless. Just like my picks on the grass haha nah, the grass tracks have their place. 

And as for Brodie... he let me down today almost as much as the mighty Spitfire. (I still love them both however). 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Rusty said:

Thanks Mikey.

Well done Dougie, always said you know your horses mate! 

Bloody grass tracks.

I've said for years, they should close all of them down, they are bloody useless. Just like my picks on the grass haha nah, the grass tracks have their place. 

And as for Brodie... he let me down today almost as much as the mighty Spitfire. (I still love them both however). 

If the spitfire hangs around as long as Alexy or Serina William's have then there is still lots of time so as corporal Jones in dads army use to say DONT PANIC DONT PANIC LOL🤪

Edited by mikeynz
  • Like 2

Pretty poor from the suits that nothing mentioned in the report today re the Dennis O'Connell drive from a week ago.

Even worse 2 winning drives today broke the rules re whip use... gotta be a better solution than a $300 fine, it's just shits and giggles to these stewards, people putting their hard earned money on the horse running second and that driver following the rules but yet in reality they get punished.

• Like 2

I've had no recount requests to date.

Under the rules set by Counter Punch - Dougie breaks the tie over Spatchcock with 4 wins to 2.  Spatchcock had 5 seconds!

Quite a few had three winners for the day but no one with more than 4.  

If you had put $1 E/W on Dougies selection you would have collected $66.70 for a profit of $42.70. 

Well done Dougie!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

thanks for the good work Chief. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Where are you going Rusty? 

Seeing it is election year, I will do what some politicians do and answer the question, with some questions...

Am I allowed to say to Jimbo's pet food factory? 

Do they still eat horse meat in France and other parts of Europe? 

Where the hell did Brodie get to? He was meant to help a brother out. 

In all seriousness however, good to see a comp on here, many thanks to Counter Punch and the Chief. Takes a fair bit of effort, so well done. Hope to get a chance to redeem myself sometime (Bloody grass tracks). 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 14/09/2020 at 9:05 AM, Chief Stipe said:

I've had no recount requests to date.

Under the rules set by Counter Punch - Dougie breaks the tie over Spatchcock with 4 wins to 2.  Spatchcock had 5 seconds!

Quite a few had three winners for the day but no one with more than 4.  

If you had put $1 E/W on Dougies selection you would have collected $66.70 for a profit of $42.70. 

Well done Dougie!

Sorry it's taken until Wednesday to reply! Bloody phone, and this website is blocked through work computers. 

Thanks Chief for handling the nitty gritty! Appreciate it. Was a tough day at the office for a lot! 

Dougie, I'll be in touch re a bet this week! 

We'll do it again!!

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1