Bit Of A Yarn

Methven Sunday.. a little comp

We're back racing at my home track.

Worked a couple on the track at lunch time today and it was in good nick, trials on Saturday were really good for it. A little rain forecast tomorrow but shouldn't impact on it too much.

Let's find the good form spotters and add a little interest to the day... I'll chuck up a bet next weekend to the person with the highest tally for the day. 

3 points for a win, 2 points for a second, 1 point for a third. Highest points scorer for the day, gets the bet. If there's a tie, the person with the most winners, if still a tie then most seconds and then again, if needed, most thirds. 

One selection per race. Entries close start of Race 1 on Sunday.

Purely to see if I can stack up, here are mine nice and early. 

R1- #6 Test The Boundaries

R2- #6 Mark Dunnett

R3- #2 For Today

R4 - #8 The Black Shadow

R5 - #5 DD's Super Stuary

R6 - #4 Spicy Girl Becqui

R7 - #9 I Am Adaline

R8 - #2 Neyvelli Franco

R9 - #15 Sister's Delight

R10 - #20 Beyond The Horizon

R11 - #13 Skippy's Delight

R12 - #3 The Kaik

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 3

CP, I watched a few trials from the weekend- great caller by the way !!!!

In my opinion tha grass looked super long/thick, and the inside was saved mostly.

Will the grass be cut a lot lower ? And will the inside be favoured in the earlier races? then start to make ground out wide later in the day.

• Like 1

Thanks Counter Punch

If I win I'll put the $200 each way on something paying a bit

Here's my guesses!

1. #15 Five Wise Men

2. #13 Mayhem In Malibu

3. #5 Khal Drogo

4. #8 The Black Shadow

5. #5 Rogie Falls

6. #9 Ripsnorter

7. #5 Champagneandwine

8. #4 John James Preston

9. #8 Magical Mali

10. #7 Bright Glow

11. #3 Morningstar Gold

12. #11 Already Gone

Mikie

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Does Brodie start on a handicap of minus 18?

Think I should get a start,

Would be a good day down there if we were allowed on the course!

Just an absolute shame for the club when we have to stay home and be safe, just because there is absolutely no cases of a virus in the South Island for months??

I see that Cup Day tickets have  been released!

If Ardern is still in control, there is a better than 50% chance that there will not be anyone oncourse, and therefore I would say NZ Cup Day will be cancelled!

There is no way there is going to be no cases by then, and of course there are going to be Aucklanders flying down and spreading their nasty killer virus bugs all around the course.

There will be no masks being worn and can you believe social distancing taking place?

Not on your nelly, and I believe there are going to be one helluva change in opinion of Ardern and co.next year!

Edited by Brodie
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Think I should get a start,

Would be a good day down there if we were allowed on the course!

Just an absolute shame for the club when we have to stay home and be safe, just because there is absolutely no cases of a virus in the South Island for months??

I see that Cup Day tickets have  been released!

If Ardern is still in control, there is a better than 50% chance that there will not be anyone oncourse, and therefore I would say NZ Cup Day will be cancelled!

There is no way there is going to be no cases by then, and of course there are going to be Aucklanders flying down and spreading their nasty killer virus bugs all around the course.

There will be no masks being worn and can you believe social distancing taking place?

Not on your nelly, and I believe there are going to be one helluva change in opinion of Ardern and co.next year!

Brodie young fella this post is about METHVEN  not your political opinion. You cant help yourself please ring the 0800 number .

1 minute ago, JAKH said:

Brodie young fella this post is about METHVEN  not your political opinion. You cant help yourself please ring the 0800 number .

JAKH, you may be a Spritely old fellah for your age, however normally wouldn’t you normally be tucked up and lights out?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dougie said:

CP, I watched a few trials from the weekend- great caller by the way !!!!

In my opinion tha grass looked super long/thick, and the inside was saved mostly.

Will the grass be cut a lot lower ? And will the inside be favoured in the earlier races? then start to make ground out wide later in the day.

Thanks, quite enjoy doing it, gives a huge appreciation for those who do it for a living.

Grass was left with a bit of length last week so that it came through it better. Was definitely shorter today to my eye. 

Id imagine they'll have a bit of length to it still this weekend, with more meetings this season, they have to manage it more than they ever have in the past. 

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

15 hours ago, Counter Punch said:

Let's find the good form spotters and add a little interest to the day... I'll chuck up a bet next weekend to the person with the highest tally for the day. 

Thanks Counter Punch for your generosity.  I'm happy to manage the scoring for you - from past experience members like to be kept up to date during the day with the scores.  That is an onerous task at the best of times and you should be spending your time enjoying what looks like a great day of racing at your home track!

The forecast for Methven looks good too!

screenshot-www.metservice.com-2020.09.10-10_04_38.png

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Brodie said:

Fair call Happy, however both are bereft of good leaders, and need help!

Obviously talking about racing in general and not Methven as they have probably the best run club in NZ.Everything they do is well run from workout and trial days to punters comps to race days.And Counter Punchs family,along with the Oreillys,May's and others have been very instrumental in that

Edited by Richie
  • Like 2

Thanks for the comp CP

Good luck to your family and the club for what is always a good day

R1 Five Wise Men

R2 Texas Tara

R3 For Today

R4 Kusanova

R5 One over Dover 

R6 Dismara

R7 Better Fly

R8 John James Preston

R9 Voodoo Priestess

R10 You Really Got Me

R11 Iknow

R12 Midfrew Luisianabeau

Bet of the day,will assess when market comes out if worth the risk is Five Wise Men in race 1,if it trots all the way will win by 3lengths

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Richie said:

Obviously talking about racing in general and not Methven as they have probably the best run club in NZ.Everything they do is well run from workout and trial days to punters comps to race days.And Counter Punchs family,along with the Oreillys,May's and others have been very instrumental in that

The First Four Harness Families.

• Like 2