Bit Of A Yarn

Oamaru Today

Dougie

2 minutes ago, Richie said:

No betting from me today,although think the Dunn stable will keep up there good form.

They published the turnover for Methven last week as it was very good, wonder if they'll do the same this week as they might struggle to get half the money invested.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dougie said:

They published the turnover for Methven last week as it was very good, wonder if they'll do the same this week as they might struggle to get half the money invested.

But did the TAB make money.I know they got taken to the cleaners with a few place multis at great odds.

1 hour ago, Dougie said:

Sadly not only small fields but most are lacking quality too.

I am not sure I will bet on it but Pastrana is paying 3.20ff for the place. In a field of 10, 7 are unruly and 2 others should probably be on it too. He has manners and while he is not going that well it has been in tougher fields.

I will watch intently on how many get round in one piece.

Huge go they reckoned on Ray Needham's horse today in the 3rd race, not sure if that equates to a few hundred bucks or a few thousand but if that was Dennis the Menace driving the shit would have hit the fan...... horse obviously likes to run so he let it run and it got run down i have no problem with the drive, will the suits question him as to why he didn't restrain it and give it the best opportunity to win?

Edited by Dougie

Guest CrossCodes

Kerala Star was my best bet for the day, I did think twice as Jim Curtin is such a shadow of his former self in the cart and unfortunately he proved me right.

Didn’t use the perfect draw, followed slow horses and never got a crack after being pushed to near last.

There seem to be a lot of former good drivers who don’t know when it’s time to hand over the reins to the younger more positive drivers. 

He is still a great trainer but his driving overall is pretty terrible to watch.

Even Ray Needahm gave his plunge horse every chance, I was hoping he would pull it off but gave it a good crack!

Edited by CrossCodes

1 hour ago, Dougie said:

Huge go they reckoned on Ray Needham's horse today in the 3rd race, not sure if that equates to a few hundred bucks or a few thousand but if that was Dennis the Menace driving the shit would have hit the fan...... horse obviously likes to run so he let it run and it got run down i have no problem with the drive, will the suits question him as to why he didn't restrain it and give it the best opportunity to win?

Ray a heck of a nice fella,but  had driven only the 1 winner in about 140 drives in the last 20 years. Yet it was still the plunge horse apparently. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, the galah said:

Ray a heck of a nice fella,but  had driven only the 1 winner in about 140 drives in the last 20 years. Yet it was still the plunge horse apparently. 

Hope someone in the Needham family was able to get a few thousand on the place price of $4 which I'm told was available before the plunge, ran a decent time too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dougie said:

Hope someone in the Needham family was able to get a few thousand on the place price of $4 which I'm told was available before the plunge, ran a decent time too.

Dougie, depending on who the punter or punters were, it does not take a lot of  money for the Accountants to shorten a horse right up!

A few hundred a place on Needhams horse couldve slashed the horse’s win price from $20 into $5 no problem!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rangatira said:

winning 207 very tidy on top of your weekly winter energy payment

you are in clover

Firstly, I do not get any handouts from the Government and secondly I dont need any!

Thirdly, the TAB restrictions on punters is grossly affecting turnover and profit!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Rangatira said:

pretty sure you are lying once again 

Ranga, geez you are an antagonistic sod!!!
What part is it that I am telling lies?????

So you are saying that with the TAB restricting people from betting does not reduce turnover???

If you have something to say, then damn well say it and stop with the vague BS!!!