Bit Of A Yarn

Mot-Sunday

Richie

R1 Bettor Believe It -$5.20/$2 Couple nice trial wins and looks a nice type,bad draw may not stop it

R4 Texas Tara-$4.40/$1.85 Nice horse with nice draw from nice stable who was well backed first start

R7 Woodstone -$5.50/$1.95 Big run Ordeal Cup,if trots all way can win

R9 Geotgie Zukov-$7/$2.50 Talented horse lightly raced who loves grass but gives some nice sorts a start,however definitely big chance

R11 Madam Sass-$8.50/$2.90 Yet another Dunn trotter huge on ability and if caught in right mood probably wins

R12 Pro Surfer-$2.30/$1.40 Only the draw beats it.Bet of the day

Happy punting.

Grass tracks dont usually turn me on much but for some reason quite excited about this meeting.Will be good to see crowds back

• Like 2

Dear Dougie,

It is going to be a wild day in the wind at the Mot, especially now all the trees are gone! 

Here is a guaranteed winner right up until the start of the race.

I have gone for Aristocrat in Race 2 at 11 and 3.50. It has been going races at Addington and then ran what I thought was a really good race at Methven after sitting parked for the majority. Gutsy effort considering the track. It is off the unruly but began like a bullet at Methven. 

Very good each way bet in my book

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Dear Dougie,

It is going to be a wild day in the wind at the Mot, especially now all the trees are gone! 

I have gone for Aristocrat in Race 2 at 11 and 3.50. It has been going races at Addington and then ran what I thought was a really good race at Methven after sitting parked for the majority. Gutsy effort considering the track. It is off the unruly but began like a bullet at Methven. 

You're a crazy dude Happy, no odds here yet but will be about the same price I'd assume, I'll have a go and you're right this mare can trot ok but a maiden trot 14 runners.

A video during the week where committee members walking the track and looking at improvements etc scared me.... grass looked a foot long so looking to watch race 1 and curious how the crossing is, half of those maiden trotters will gallop over that crossing.

Geez with daylight S kicking in first race here at 09:05 will only be 5 bucks in the win pool.

Gotta have a go on the grass.

R1  Better Beleive it. Trots and wins

R3  Machs Eliminator. Money on and should get good run just behind the pace

R4 Buckingham. Great place chance and price on its run at Methven

R5 Call This Fun. Best trotter in field on ability

Missy Moo. Has ability and went well last start. Should be improved.

R7 Matua Tana. Distance will suit. Can it get across the crossing?

R9 Sisters Delight Must have a place show on its finnish last week. well placed for 3 win horse.

R11 Test the Boundaries. Impressive and can win again

BK Dawn Roughie of day. Loves the track and good beginner.

Good luck everybody. Thats whats needed on the grass tracks. 

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1
  • Bad Post 1

2 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Dear Dougie,

I'd say everybody's gunna have bad wind today😬🙁

39 minutes ago, Harewood said:

Gotta have a go on the grass.

R1  Better Beleive it. Trots and wins

R3  Machs Eliminator. Money on and should get good run just behind the pace

R4 Buckingham. Great place chance and price on its run at Methven

R5 Call This Fun. Best trotter in field on ability

Missy Moo. Has ability and went well last start. Should be improved.

R7 Matua Tana. Distance will suit. Can it get across the crossing?

R9 Sisters Delight Must have a place show on its finnish last week. well placed for 3 win horse.

R11 Test the Boundaries. Impressive and can win again

BK Dawn Roughie of day. Loves the track and good beginner.

Good luck everybody. Thats whats needed on the grass tracks. 

I hope Bettor believe It doesnt trot

It's a pacer

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Dougie said:

Grass looked in great shape.

first horse over the crossing broke !! But crossing did look nice and flat.

Great first tip, obviously better than its form, $5.50 here thank you Harewood.

Got down 3.60 fixed and paid 4.40 tote here after opening at 6.

I got 5.20 early yesterday afternoon

7 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Dear Dougie,

Think he's been nominated for Riccarton next week Happy!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice to see the winner of that race for the older generation... some cash heading back to Tinwald

30 minutes ago, Dougie said:

Think he's been nominated for Riccarton next week Happy!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice to see the winner of that race for the older generation... some cash heading back to Tinwald

Great to see the McCormack.name still winning races.Lived and worked in trotting stables in Tinwald for many years.Tinwald Tavern used to be my 2nd home as HunterthePunter well knows

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Richie said:

Great to see the McCormack.name still winning races.Lived and worked in trotting stables in Tinwald for many years.Tinwald Tavern used to be my 2nd home as HunterthePunter well knows

One of my first memories Richie of harness racing involves a Tinwald horseman.... I went to Rangiora for the first time mid 90's maybe, on track first horse/trainer I saw was Paul Young and Lord Cortez, I backed it and Ian Kieth's horse can't recall it's name..... pretty sure they didn't pay a divvie but on the way home through Belfast was Paul Young and horse on the side of the road as his car/float had broken down, followed him and now Jess ever since.

1 hour ago, Dougie said:

One of my first memories Richie of harness racing involves a Tinwald horseman.... I went to Rangiora for the first time mid 90's maybe, on track first horse/trainer I saw was Paul Young and Lord Cortez, I backed it and Ian Kieth's horse can't recall it's name..... pretty sure they didn't pay a divvie but on the way home through Belfast was Paul Young and horse on the side of the road as his car/float had broken down, followed him and now Jess ever since.

Paul actually trained from Hinds,he basically inherited Hughie Lowes team,which was a very good breed.

Paul was very good junior driver but never really made it as a trainer

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dougie said:

Tinwald/Hinds used to have some great trainers.Doody Townley,Hugh Lowe,Riper Read,Slim Dykman,Jim Ferguson,Kevin Townley,Graham Neill,Tony Robb,Brian Saunders,Paul Grieve,Doug McCormick and many more

Looks like most that threw tips out managed to get a winner,well done. Was good to see the Mot back in action yesterday.Tho how strange was it too NOT see the pines at the exit to the home straight,they have been their for years,so was strange too now not see them.

On 27/09/2020 at 5:30 PM, Dougie said:

game venture ?