Bit Of A Yarn

Up & coming trainers

Hoss123

12 hours ago, Hoss123 said:

Premier night and two young fellas starting up get a win. Tom Bagrie & Matt Purvis. Great to watch, not easy with the big guns out on premier night.

It seems to go in stages. Some of the up and comers of recent times have tapered off a bit but that is only natural with not having larger teams.

38 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Smaller teams. Horses hit there mark and strike rate goes down.

But for someone like Matt Purvis, he seems to take people's horses that are battling and can get them to win 1 or 2 and then moves them on. As well as trains his father's horses from the out set

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Hoss123 said:

Premier night and two young fellas starting up get a win. Tom Bagrie & Matt Purvis. Great to watch, not easy with the big guns out on premier night.

Purvis horses do seem to race consistently and he does seem to do a good job.

Bagrie seems to have horses with more ability,and does get his share of wins. I think he does a good job but they seem to go better fresher for some reason. The one which made me wonder from that stable was Eye of the tiger. John dunn for some unknown reason gave it a very hard run fresh up after being out of contention early,then it was lined up for the next few weeks and its form got worse and worse to the point he looked like it had heart strain. I found that very strange from such a competent trainer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, the galah said:

Purvis horses do seem to race consistently and he does seem to do a good job.

They are more consistent now he is putting better drivers on his horses.

My Moment's Now is a lovely striding trotter. Every time I see it race out in front the way it covers the ground catches my attention.

And Roman is right, he does well with horses he brings in.

• Like 3