Bit Of A Yarn

NZPOLICE

LongOwner

Those who think our police force can do know wrong - case thrown out by the Appeal Court as police withheld evidence and Judges damming about the withholding of vital  evidence :- 

“It said the messages would have laid a "very firm foundation for the defence" that the girl had either consented to the sexual activity or that Hitchcock had reasonable belief she had consented.

None of the text messages had been shown to Hitchcock or his lawyers before the trial.

The Crown accepted that a number of the text messages were "highly relevant" to the allegations of non-consensual sexual activities with her, and suggested the Court of Appeal substitute the convictions with convictions of unlawful sexual connection with a young person.”

I appears the crown / police purposely withheld evidence and they acknowledge highly relevant and would not consider Crown submission for a reduced charge .

13 minutes ago, LongOwner said:

Those who think our police force can do know wrong - case thrown out by the Appeal Court as police withheld evidence and Judges damming about the withholding of vital  evidence :- 

“It said the messages would have laid a "very firm foundation for the defence" that the girl had either consented to the sexual activity or that Hitchcock had reasonable belief she had consented.

None of the text messages had been shown to Hitchcock or his lawyers before the trial.

The Crown accepted that a number of the text messages were "highly relevant" to the allegations of non-consensual sexual activities with her, and suggested the Court of Appeal substitute the convictions with convictions of unlawful sexual connection with a young person.”

I appears the crown / police purposely withheld evidence and they acknowledge highly relevant and would not consider Crown submission for a reduced charge .

'those who think our police force can do no wrong"....

Who believes that long owner? 

"The  people in glass houses should not throw stones" comes to mind when i read this post if it is some veiled reference to  racing.

We are just lucky in nz our institutions are one of the most honest in a world where dishonesty, corruption and hypocrisy is everywhere , but of course we are not immune to it even here.

If you happen to be on the wrong side of malicious untruths, then you learn a lot about the motives that drive some people,and you learn that irrespective of truth,people will still believe what they want to believe.

But in the context of what you have written long owner,i think you have left too much to the imagination as to what you really mean.

1 minute ago, the galah said:

'those who think our police force can do no wrong"....

Who believes that long owner? 

"The  people in glass houses should not throw stones" comes to mind when i read this post if it is some veiled reference to  racing.

We are just lucky in nz our institutions are one of the most honest in a world where dishonesty, corruption and hypocrisy is everywhere , but of course we are not immune to it even here.

If you happen to be on the wrong side of malicious untruths, then you learn a lot about the motives that drive some people,and you learn that irrespective of truth,people will still believe what they want to believe.

But in the context of what you have written long owner,i think you have left too much to the imagination as to what you really mean.

sounding like a starter 

• Haha 2

Long Owner, with respect, you would have to be pretty stupid to believe that NZ Police can do no wrong!

NZ police are here to protect its citizens and mostly do a pretty good job of that!

Personally would never want to be a policeman due to the type of people they have to deal with on a daily basis,

It is a known fact that they are  far from perfect and stuff up a helluva lot but never admit fault!

I can tell you now that there are innocent men that have been sent to prison by incompetence and dishonesty by the police in NZ, and they know it,

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Davis said:

Should not be starters either! 😅

Davis, have no problem with any of them being a starter, if they are good at it!

However, everyone knows that the current one is not up to scratch and for some unknown reason, they dont seem to want to replace him!!

Hopefully the new CEO will know what is going on!

The fact that he is also a Stipe is also ridiculous!

Reality is that there are many people in positions of power that do a crap job, just like we are going to see over the next 3 years!

Dont blame “The Brodster” for the BS on Saturday night!

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Rangatira said:

did you back the wrong horse chap ?

Quite the opposite Ranga!

National would be more than happy to be in opposition for the next 3 years, as it is going to be an absolute shocker for whoever was in power!

Yes I voted for National as there is no way I could vote for a party that is run by A dictator, that has only got eyes for control of the masses!

If you voted for Labour, i think you are seriously going to be disappointed, however let us just watch what unfolds!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Brodie said:

National would be more than happy to be in opposition for the next 3 years, as it is going to be an absolute shocker for whoever was in power!

Yes I voted for National as there is no way I could vote for a party that is run by A dictator, that has only got eyes for control of the masses!

If you voted for Labour, i think you are seriously going to be disappointed, however let us just watch what unfolds!

how is gerry doing ?

27 minutes ago, Rangatira said:

how is gerry doing ?

Pretty relaxed I would say!

How is Kelvin Davis going?

Geez he has done a great job as Minister of Tourism!

I wonder if we are going to see much of him or is he going to be told not to say anything?

Edited by Brodie

2 minutes ago, Brodie said:

I wonder if we are going to see much of him ormks he going to be told not to say anything?

dont know the man and if i did i doubt he would be a facebook friend

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Brodie said:

Davis, have no problem with any of them being a starter, if they are good at it!

However, everyone knows that the current one is not up to scratch and for some unknown reason, they dont seem to want to replace him!!

Hopefully the new CEO will know what is going on!

The fact that he is also a Stipe is also ridiculous!

Reality is that there are many people in positions of power that do a crap job, just like we are going to see over the next 3 years!

Dont blame “The Brodster” for the BS on Saturday night!

I agree Brodster, however, I don't think the new CEO will make any difference. I don't know what it is but Lamb is never held accountable and if anyone speaks out against him they are quickly shut down. I remember a few years back Mark Jones criticised Lamb a couple of times on the Boxseat. A week or so later Jones had to do a grovelling apology and he has not really been on Trackside or Boxseat again. Lamb has not improved as a starter since then but there has been no more criticism from the horse fraternity. Lamb is protected and I don't know why. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Rangatira said:

dont know the man and if i did i doubt he would be a facebook friend

36 minutes ago, Brodie said:

I wonder if we are going to see much of him or is he going to be told not to say anything?

Minister of Tourism as easy job at the moment Brodster. There are no tourists thanks to St Jacinda's lockdowns. 

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

Yes, it was a good election to lose. Nothing much will happen in the next three years though because Labour are incapable of getting things done. In three years time we can say. I told you so. But will the sheep listen? If St Jacinda is still around probably not.

• Like 1