Bit Of A Yarn

Central Districts,Manawatu.

mikeynz

In race 2 at manawatu today.        I said im racin pushes blake out at the 900m. If you stop the video it seems clear enough that he pushed out when about half a neck behind,barges out,locked wheels,blake brakes,then a stride later the horse to the inside moves out to avoid a breaking runner. If you freeze fame the video thats what happens. 

Only at manawatu would the stipes not see anything wrong with driving like that. Its just another example of whymanawatu is the twilight zone when it comes to what the stipes see,or more correctly,don't see.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, the galah said:

In race 2 at manawatu today.        I said im racin pushes blake out at the 900m. If you stop the video it seems clear enough that he pushed out when about half a neck behind,barges out,locked wheels,blake brakes,then a stride later the horse to the inside moves out to avoid a breaking runner. If you freeze fame the video thats what happens. 

Only at manawatu would the stipes not see anything wrong with driving like that. Its just another example of whymanawatu is the twilight zone when it comes to what the stipes see,or more correctly,don't see.

Love it Galah, you are the eagle eyed hawk. 

I occasionally do the same, when I am particularly interested in watching a horse or race, with or without betting. Stop, slow the motion down and replay, and then slow it down again and replay 🤔 I'm not sure on what you say here, but trust you have done your investigative skills correctly. 

We are watching 👀

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Brodie said:

Palmy races are often like dodgem cars!

If you are punting on them, you should know the risks that you take!

Always plenty of gallops in most races due to the tightness of the track!

Good to see the support from trainers though

Yes ,but the case i highlight simply came down to a driver causing the interference to himself and others.. It had nothing to do with the track. My point is the stipes at manawatu do such a poor job.

I do agree punters should avoid betting at the manawatu,as you can't have any confidence in the oversight thereof..

1 hour ago, the galah said:

I said im racin took the shortcut tonight. Saved plenty of ground after giving them  a 150m start.Can't blame him for looking to save some ground after that?

Yes I saw that and held my breath. Was a good job, everyone horses included ended up being safe. Looked like both days had a sound attendance. Was pleasing to see in general over both days the purses 1st, 2nd, 3rd being spread around. S Doody had a remarkable day today to get 3 on the card. And on day 1 the clubs new syndicate horse got a win first up for them.

To the naked eye would look like a good result for the club. Guess just wait for the turn-over ... Hope it is ok for them. 

• Like 2

Mr pyers given a 5 month holiday for tonights effort.  

I don't think i've seen a horse run over so many markers,or climb over a wheel like he did at the 300m ,and yet it still kept pacing.

The horse has looked to be rather head strong in all its races so far,so to be fair to mr pyers it does look a rather hard drive. But really he and others were lucky to come back in one piece.

I've always thought Mr pyers does a  handy job as a trainer with his small team,and his two horses showed enough tonight to expect a marked improvement on form while he is not doing the driving.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/11/2020 at 12:04 AM, the galah said:

Mr pyers given a 5 month holiday for tonights effort.  

I don't think i've seen a horse run over so many markers,or climb over a wheel like he did at the 300m ,and yet it still kept pacing.

The horse has looked to be rather head strong in all its races so far,so to be fair to mr pyers it does look a rather hard drive. But really he and others were lucky to come back in one piece.

I've always thought Mr pyers does a  handy job as a trainer with his small team,and his two horses showed enough tonight to expect a marked improvement on form while he is not doing the driving.

Somehow I missed all this. 

Watching Manawatu intently...you go the whole 9 yards Galah.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Somehow I missed all this. 

Watching Manawatu intently...you go the whole 9 yards Galah.  

Yes Happy. I think, we on here, as a collective group are umm, how do I put it #sharp 🤓

Don't miss a beat.

Stretching the topic subject a bit, still on North racing and drive/ers, watching Camb, my fav North Jnr is Alicia Harrison. I know we all have our favs 😄

I hope borders open up in not too distant future. Might go batty otherwise 😜 

Edited by Karrots
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

There is always racing at Invercargill to ease your wanderlust.

I'm back in the North now, so might go to Alex tonight. Funnily enough tho this week, as it was, drove past 3 different South Island tracks. With 1, I was like oh I'v seen this in a picture on HRNZ, with the mountains with snow on in the background. Very picturesque.

Approximately 50 horses from CD area so still some life left,even a couple from Hastings throw in a good number of House horses a couple from Nelson and the northerners all bodes well,I'd say judging by numbers those mini meetings planned for later may be the way to go.

Edited by mikeynz
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, mikeynz said:

Talking about mini meetings Ellerslie run 6 races on thursday,they are the way forward perhaps for CD area but Alexandra Park might be ending up the same way.

Yea Alex has small numbers again hey. Will be interesting to see what happens in North. A few heated discussions going on around us hey 😳 Staying in my lane.   

Speaking of North, Camb raceway, have a fun thing they are doing voting for best drive per meeting on their Facebook page. Driver wins a prize. I'm not on social media so cannot vote unfortunately. Others on here that are, and were not aware can for next time.

• Like 1

Just a extra,been looking through Forbury Parks facebook and the turnovers for the Tuepeka Sunday meet at labour weekend stack up well as opposed to others, a lot is all about scheduling,not sure how Palmy stack up on a tuesday,be nice to know,they do have good even fields tomorrow.

11 minutes ago, mikeynz said:

Just a extra,been looking through Forbury Parks facebook and the turnovers for the Tuepeka Sunday meet at labour weekend stack up well as opposed to others, a lot is all about scheduling,not sure how Palmy stack up on a tuesday,be nice to know,they do have good even fields tomorrow.

Wouldn't it be nice to see the figures published each week. Some transparency, but that word doesn't exist in harness racing.

54 minutes ago, Flybaby35 said:

Very interesting,anywhere for the gallop figures as well?

Question regarding dates/turnovers are a lot of them sustainable at the figures they are achieving?

Strange how the grass tracks are more popular,could that have something to do with the days they are on as well?

Does the lack of radio on workdays have a impact?,after all a lot at weekends chill out in front of tv,no easy coverage midweek.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Flybaby35 said:

Seems those Tuesday meetings ain't that popular nor the midweek southern meetings although they are competing with another gallop meeting most times,Auckland for primetime is not that great either yet the Country grass meetings seem very popular at weekends which still seem to be the most popular days still after all those years.