Bit Of A Yarn

NZ Cup Field

25 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Did his Kaikoura run give him the bug for breaking again?

He was checked at Kaikoura. That could happen again at Addington also, either from a Lamb starting mistake (I'm being polite) or checked by another runner during running. You will need to be handy if not in front with 800-1000 out in both the Cup and Domininon. Many horses will be dropping out at the 800m, breaking, stopping... traffic problems for those behind.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Did his Kaikoura run give him the bug for breaking again?

I think that's why they stayed away from the mile at Ashvegas and now the 1980 FFA - when he goes flat out that's when he breaks, longer races he can take his time move around sit parked and win- Monday wasn't his fault.

Happy you know your shit, R12 on Tuesday how on earth has "Don't Look Back" got a start ahead of "Take After Me" and even "She's Allthe Craze" ???  Bloody Crazy.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Same answer to how Madam Sass does not get stood down or continue to get into races ahead of others?

No idea.

Even 2 others with worse form than the 2 quoted emergencies have gained a start,

Not often throughout the year lower to mid grade trotters are offered $25k prize money race, it's important the suits do their job and get the best field available from the nominations -- "Take After Me" even though erratic would be well supported on the tote for sure.

Don't Look back no chance of even placing as they'll run 3:20 and will be an 80-1 shot

6 minutes ago, Dougie said:

Even 2 others with worse form than the 2 quoted emergencies have gained a start,

Take After Me and Shes Allthe Craze are starting at Rangiora so get put down the order.

DUAL ACCEPTORS

Selection Preference for this meeting, in the first instance, will be given to horses that are not already accepted into a race(s) at another meeting. This condition includes races later than this race day/night. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Davis said:

Yes, but with the knowledge that Lamb could ruin my chances...

Who do you like?

I would rather be drawn wide on front line in Cup than on the inside. He will be super keen to get the field away in one go and in one piece. I can see the inside standing for a moment and the outside ones walking in to create the appearance of an even line.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

They open Krug at 3.30 drawn 2 the second line and Its All About Faith drawn 1 at 2.60.

Is that not good money for Krug??

I think Krug should still win the race, he's a bit better than the rest. But the draw evens it out and there could be an upset.

The fillies' race the same with Amazing Dream drawn bad also giving other fillies a chance. I think Amazing Dream will probably win too, but again the draw evens it out. 

Could be some place prospects at good odds in those races... just got to find them. 🤣

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dougie said:

Should I take $3.40 place for Classie Brigade or is he stuffed from that draw? 

Dougie, Neds have CB at $4's for the place! 

Has to be worth a gold coin at that price I reckon. Wouldn't be that money on the day (tote) I wouldn't think. 

20201105_202619.jpg

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Rusty said:

Dougie, Neds have CB at $4's for the place! 

Has to be worth a gold coin at that price I reckon. Wouldn't be that money on the day (tote) I wouldn't think. 

20201105_202619.jpg

I'd be worried about the start drawn out there if Lamb has a shocker. CB could easily be checked by Nandolo or Lamb could let the field go before CB turned around and standing straight.  I can see Lamb letting them go while CB is still facing the wrong direction.

• Haha 3

31 minutes ago, Davis said:

I'd be worried about the start drawn out there if Lamb has a shocker. CB could easily be checked by Nandolo or Lamb could let the field go before CB turned around and standing straight.  I can see Lamb letting them go while CB is still facing the wrong direction.

Dead right mate.

I'm worried about any race where Lamb is the starter.

NZ Cup start especially so. 

• Like 2