Bit Of A Yarn

NZ Cup Field

Only 3 more sleeps,

I'm going to have fun bet on it, thinking of a trifecta, there are a number of horses I'd like to include. However, I can't see it being like the Melbourne Cup, where I was able to take nearly 1/2 the field - percentage bet & still return a dividend higher than the amount spent. What to do ... 

On 4/11/2020 at 5:41 PM, Davis said:

He was checked at Kaikoura. That could happen again at Addington also, either from a Lamb starting mistake (I'm being polite) or checked by another runner during running. You will need to be handy if not in front with 800-1000 out in both the Cup and Domininon. Many horses will be dropping out at the 800m, breaking, stopping... traffic problems for those behind.

If you watch the replay properly Sundees Son wasn't checked. He was no where near Matua Tana, in fact about half a length off. He hits form for a few starts , then reverts to type. That's good for us at it takes another one out of play. Roll on the FFA and Dominion.

• Confused 1

On 11/4/2020 at 2:19 PM, Happy Sunrise said:

Copy that breaks. Ashley Locaz works to front and lets Self Assured take over....

Just tuning in from QLD for the big race. What an easy Trifecta that was !!! $80 in QLD

and HAPPY accurate as usual,  with his prediction here also.

Number 1 barn strikes again !! lol .... and again and again....

3 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Yep a tick over 3:55.  Good effort from Spankem.

Just looked it up 3:55.2

That is AMAZING . get much faster and they'll be competitive in the Melbourne Cup 2 miles lol.

Self Assured had 4 starts  winter 2019  in Brissy and mopped the floor with us. 4 wins.

Ashley Locaz this past winter popped over  to Brissy and had 2 wins (1.51 in one of them) and a second to Colt Thirty One , who is our best here (but hopeless in Auckland against the kiwis) managed to Fluke a half head win over Ashley Locaz one race.

It's only a fluke if you beat Mark and/or Nat in a feature race these days !!!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ladyenergy said:

Worst start in the history of the trotting cup.

Pull out the mobile then. an extra 400-500 runup might tire Marks horses a little more (or Not)

Lord Module rearing up and giving them 50 was cool, Wouldn't of won either if Sunseeker didn't drop to the pegs (forgetting there was a couple of North Islanders there and wiping them out) so Cecil got in from 3 wide trip. lol.

Gotta love that TEAM driving !!! beautiful .....

4 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

Gotta love that TEAM driving !!! beautiful .....

Nonsense Gamma , when you have the best horses and know their racing styles you dont need to team drive. Just remind me what the distance was between 3rd and 4th🤔

Or , as some on here would like they let others win the big races to make the game fair zzzzzzzzzz

3 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

Nonsense Gamma , when you have the best horses and know their racing styles you dont need to team drive. Just remind me what the distance was between 3rd and 4th🤔

Or , as some on here would like they let others win the big races to make the game fair zzzzzzzzzz

No nonsense JJ, In my races you worked for the lead. And worked hard too. or abused them lol.

Gammalite left in the death most times. ( One great night at Auckland squeezed in behind Poppy though)

Didn't see Spankem or Self Assured having ANY TROUBLE WHATSOEVER with the lead hand ups.

Not many pull out from trailing the leader and go round to lead. (as Happy Sunrise predicted) 

TEAM driving at it's Very Best !! on full display for you !!. Did you not see it ? And good luck to them I say !!

1 minute ago, Gammalite said:

In my races you worked for the lead.

So did Spankem

1 minute ago, Gammalite said:

Not many pull out from trailing the leader and go round to lead.

When your on the best horse and the other main chances are behind you id leave the trail to take the lead as well. MP and for that matter any driver would know that Nat would arrive at some point to take it up. 3 back the fence would see him in a hole heap of trouble both on and off course from the feds and Keyboard warriors

6 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

So did Spankem

When your on the best horse and the other main chances are behind you id leave the trail to take the lead as well. MP and for that matter any driver would know that Nat would arrive at some point to take it up. 3 back the fence would see him in a hole heap of trouble both on and off course from the feds and Keyboard warriors

Maybe it was pre arranged.

3 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

So did Spankem

Ashley Locaz is a pretty good horse mate, BUT under team driving instructions which is fair enough, 3 back along the pegs he went. 

Happens every galloping race where jocks are given instructions.

If I was driving Ashley Locaz for you JJ if you were owner (in a different stable), I would hold the lead and say to Mark "Tough titties Mark , I'm gunna try and win this thing, you'll have to sit one-one behind Spankem when he comes round the field, and try your luck from there lol." Maybe I'd win the the race for you !!! (or NOT ,lol)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I think Blair made a mistake to not get on the back of Spankem when Natalie went forward.  When Copy That did go forward he got flushed wide racing into the tighter bend and ended up 3 wide for most of the next lap.  Surely he would have known that once Spankem got to the front with the other All Stars trailing it wouldn't hand up the lead.

Edited by Noodlum

Reality is that while AllStars are racing horses in NZ, other stables will not get a look in!

You are slightly deluded if you think you think AllStars wont win most if not all the major races when they have a few in them!

If you have a good horse and get offered big money, you would be crazy not to take it unless you dont need it!

The AS horses  are just so much better than all the others and Copy That wouldnt have won even with a fair start over 2 miles and   AS horses getting fliers from the stand!

That is just racing in NZ nowadays, we are just used to it now!