Bit Of A Yarn

any longshot tips for today 10 to 1 over

wally

18 minutes ago, barryb said:

Not the best ride in previous.

Race 4 #1 Summer Warrior lovely big grey who looks super fit. Standout looker in race. crazy odds.

You've got a keen eye for the equines, great tipping, I should start backing them ?

After that effort, we might have to put you on the BOAY Honours Board, Barry

9.10 Place

6.30 Winner

8.60 Place

18.50 Winner

from 9 selections in 8 races

Not to mention the FF prices

Edited by hesi
  • Like 1

There is another aspect to Barry's "day out". Myself at the races I keep a note of every horse entering the parade ring and as much of the behaviour afterwards until the jump  When I put down  "fat" as opposed to "bit fat" it usually means wait a few runs so I was surprized Barry had Colorado Bay as spot on but then there was three weeks for the trainer to get more more work into the horse something the trainer confirmed in the post race interview.  Taking note of the size also important as sometimes guaging the size off the TV can be misleading. Another note I put down is "needle".  Having trained a few I know what effect the needle can be. Definition of needle is not something illegal but the best legal "extra" a trainer can top a horse off with. In my day needle meant vitamin injection and there are tell tale signs to spot this like smell, special shine, demeanour etc. All trainers have a topping off routine when a horse is ready but nowadays particularly with the Baker/Forsman horses I can't seem to figure it out.

Anyway Barry hope you also kept some notes from the day.

Edited by The Centaur