Bit Of A Yarn

any longshot tips for today 10 to 1 over

wally

• 2 weeks later...

have a look at Warrnambool R8  #4 Husson Eagle  FF $11 and $3.50, in from $15

Winner of 6 races and over $1M.

Fresh up record is good...Paddy Payne knows how to win here! Not badly drawn and should give you a decent run for your money at value odds.

MM

• Haha 1

At  $21 tomorrow Vendima given a bit of luck late is great value.

Comes in well at the weights and actually beat the favourite last time they met. Any easing of track is big help hopefully Dead5 or worse.  Doni Prastiyou reunited with the mare. From 1 at barrier it will force the rider to be patient which is what is needed.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, The Centaur said:

At  $21 tomorrow Vendima given a bit of luck late is great value.

Comes in well at the weights and actually beat the favourite last time they met. Any easing of track is big help hopefully Dead5 or worse.  Doni Prastiyou reunited with the mare. From 1 at barrier it will force the rider to be patient which is what is needed.

I like Vendima a lot today, as long as track doesnt get beyond Dead5. This horse looked very very smart two summers ago when winning 3 in a row in fast times and with a powerful finish ..have there been injury issues since? Only had 13 races for 4 wins ...if it is 100% today coud easily come over the top of them after an economical trip (inside draw and tends to get back).

On the drift from $19 to $21 to $23 ...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Weasel said:

I like Vendima a lot today, as long as track doesnt get beyond Dead5. This horse looked very very smart two summers ago when winning 3 in a row in fast times and with a powerful finish ..have there been injury issues since? Only had 13 races for 4 wins ...if it is 100% today coud easily come over the top of them after an economical trip (inside draw and tends to get back).

On the drift from $19 to $21 to $23 ...

Raced a bit dour at the finish. Got shut out when trying to follow Morweka. The way Vendima pounds the track obviously explains why sparingly raced on firm not that it grows another leg on easier tracks. I asked Peter Williams why Vendima went south and he reckoned it didn't like right handed tracks. Don't know if he was confusing with another horse but interesting he quickly had it up to a mile. The Ridley's have been staunch about just sprinting. I'd like to see how it goes middle distance on a soft track even though it races fierce.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, The Centaur said:

Raced a bit dour at the finish. Got shut out when trying to follow Morweka. The way Vendima pounds the track obviously explains why sparingly raced on firm not that it grows another leg on easier tracks. I asked Peter Williams why Vendima went south and he reckoned it didn't like right handed tracks. Don't know if he was confusing with another horse but interesting he quickly had it up to a mile. The Ridley's have been staunch about just sprinting. I'd like to see how it goes middle distance on a soft track even though it races fierce.

very good effort i thought, stuck at it the last 50m when looking a bit vulnerable and came again. Certainly would like to see it race over 1400m+ Worth following..

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wally said:

tips for tomorrow fellas i need a winner come in tommy

This aint Tommy but never mind ..

• Matamata will be a minefield tomorrow ..so many on debut or resuming...
  • r4  AVADANE probably bet of the day on its first-up 4th ..eye-catching run; nice draw, Innes aboard..can't believe its at $5 FO
  • r10 VITTACHI ... honest and handles all kinds of track conditions. Drawn 2 so should be prominent throughout.
Edited by Weasel
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, wally said:

also like the 8 in race 5 matamata

reason(s) ?? apart from Tiley factor ...

i note first time left-handed...no recent form ...back in trip...

this horse is from Rough Habit's family mother Nordic Dancer was a stayer whose maternal grand-dam was Rough Habit's mother!

• Like 1

Matamata R3 Kainui Belle $7 in a small field is good value for a horse that looks progressive. Matamata is a horses-for-courses track, and she has never been unplaced there in three starts. In-form Vinnie Colgan aboard.

Edited by Weasel
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Weasel said:

reason(s) ?? apart from Tiley factor ...

i note first time left-handed...no recent form ...back in trip...

this horse is from Rough Habit's family mother Nordic Dancer was a stayer whose maternal grand-dam was Rough Habit's mother!

i liked its 2 run,   but its done nothing since ,, one more go at it

14 hours ago, Weasel said:

This aint Tommy but never mind ..

• Matamata will be a minefield tomorrow ..so many on debut or resuming...
  • r4  AVADANE probably bet of the day on its first-up 4th ..eye-catching run; nice draw, Innes aboard..can't believe its at $5 FO
  • r10 VITTACHI ... honest and handles all kinds of track conditions. Drawn 2 so should be prominent throughout.

well done weasel