Bit Of A Yarn

any longshot tips for today 10 to 1 over

wally

On 1/01/2019 at 1:13 AM, Brown fox said:

Took a minute in my booze adled state but I got there in the end?

Shapren up. foxy boy ...Hello It's Me was disappointing in the Rich Hill..seemed not to want to 'let down' in the straight so there will be some diagnostics done on her and a week or three in the paddock....possibly back in the autumn if all is well, she likes some give in the ground but he last two runs have been puzzling for connections who, like you, have been forced by despair into a booze-addled state!

6 hours ago, FeelTheFear said:

Seems that value is over rated or non-existence so I am informed but here goes anyway. 

Reefton race 7 Reefton Cup  #6 What's Up Alf. Currently $23 Bet Easy FO. Winning form in wet but has placed on Good tracks. Has speed and one for the 'dreamers'. 

Last but only 5 lengths and was there until the turn. Happy with the run. 

For Saturday not today but anyway, Gorbachev is a decent bet imo @ $21 in the Wellington Cup. Hard to see this playing out without him figuring in the finish. Seems to have really come on as a 5yo and will improve up to 2 miles. Gets 3kg from Bizzwinkle from Stratford Cup and 4.5kg from Duplicity's Manawatu Cup run. He's 11/1 in my market.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
47 minutes ago, Mooncoin said:

Good to see you back Wally!!

Try this filly currently at 15''s

Apprentice got a little excited (from what i could see)and didnt really give her a breather last time .She tied up the last 80m only 2.5 lengths from the winner.

Ipswich R2 #4

thank mooncoin ill take an allup

• Like 1

Master Shuhood in the last at Sandown

This is a Chris Waller import who won well at Mornington first up one thing with the Waller camp horses are never fully wound up first up, their preparations are usually 4 to 5 starts and they improve with every run

So for Master Shuhood to win first up at 20-1 was a bit surprising I thought it can only improve from here on in, one has to wonder when they import horses from the UK is their long term goal a crack at the Cup a race that has alluded the master trainer

Master Shuhood opened at 15s which I grabbed is now into 8-50

2nd up last time was at York in a Hurdle and ran 12th out of 13 but a definite watch going forward 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, VC! said:

Master Shuhood in the last at Sandown

This is a Chris Waller import who won well at Mornington first up one thing with the Waller camp horses are never fully wound up first up, their preparations are usually 4 to 5 starts and they improve with every run

So for Master Shuhood to win first up at 20-1 was a bit surprising I thought it can only improve from here on in, one has to wonder when they import horses from the UK is their long term goal a crack at the Cup a race that has alluded the master trainer

Master Shuhood opened at 15s which I grabbed is now into 8-50

2nd up last time was at York in a Hurdle and ran 12th out of 13 but a definite watch going forward 

ill be watching bass in same race would be agood quin divvy

• Like 2

I like Cead Mile Feailte in R7 at Otaki today  FO $7.50 in an 8 horse field. (If you dont know, the name is a Welsh greeting, means

"One Hundred Thousand Welcomes"

She will be race fit now and the field is average. She is a Tavistock mare, ran 4th two starts back at Trentham over 2400m, then no good in the St Leger. Dropping back to 2200m today so may give plenty of cheek from the ace draw. Dead 6 conditions no problem. Two previous runs at Otaki (unplaced) were over 1600m.

Edited by Weasel
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Weasel said:

I like Cead Mile Feailte in R7 at Otaki today  FO $7.50 in an 8 horse field. (If you dont know, the name is a Welsh greeting, means

She will be race fit now and the field is average. She is a Tavistock mare, ran 4th two starts back at Trentham over 2400m, then no good in the St Leger. Dropping back to 2200m today so may give plenty of cheek from the ace draw. Dead 6 conditions no problem. Two previous runs at Otaki (unplaced) were over 1600m.

Nice mustelid

• Like 2

8 hours ago, wally said:

ill be watching bass in same race would be agood quin divvy

Some run from Bass in the straight

Seriously that was some turn of foot in the right camp one to keep an eye on

Well done MM one hundred thousand congrats

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Weasel said:

great tipping

• Champ Post 1