Bit Of A Yarn

any longshot tips for today 10 to 1 over

wally

3 hours ago, wally said:

weasel your thought on the last race at woodville

a minefield...!

Florence O Reilly for value with the claim and Fraser Auret a good conditioner with a great strike rate

#1,2 othrwise. Good luck mate

• Like 1

Bet of the Day

Ruakaka 

R8 #4 Memories Only

Dropping back in grade to R72 after  3 recent runs in R82. Gets a 3kg claim from apprentice Goindasamy. Handy enough draw (5 of 12), prefers Good-Dead tracks (should be a Dead4, weather fine), and has been placed twice at Ruakaka. Just needs to settle as MO can be a fierce 'puller'. Two starts ago finished 2nd behind Marzemino at Ellerslie in a R82 - good form for this. 

FF $8.50 and $2.80 is great value in an ordinary field.

16 minutes ago, Weasel said:

Bet of the Day

Ruakaka 

R8 #4 Memories Only

Dropping back in grade to R72 after  3 recent runs in R82. Gets a 3kg claim from apprentice Goindasamy. Handy enough draw (5 of 12), prefers Good-Dead tracks (should be a Dead4, weather fine), and has been placed twice at Ruakaka. Just needs to settle as MO can be a fierce 'puller'. Two starts ago finished 2nd behind Marzemino at Ellerslie in a R82 - good form for this. 

thanks weasel ill multi it up

1 hour ago, SLB2.0 said:

I like a few at Warwick Farm at decent odds - not $10-plus though.

Antonio Padre
Fun Fact
Aperitif

all good chances at odds ill throw the ten in the last race into multi best of luck

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Weasel said:

Bet of the Day

Ruakaka 

R8 #4 Memories Only

Shenshational effort Weas!

You were extremely bullish for a neddy that hasn't won in 17 starts as well

Go the claimers!  Ashwan even crossed himself after...So God was on his side as Globederby would point out...

The Mauritian Magician...like it!

• Like 4
  • Champ Post 1

30 minutes ago, Thomass said:

Shenshational effort Weas!

You were extremely bullish for a neddy that hasn't won in 17 starts as well

Go the claimers!  Ashwan even crossed himself after...So God was on his side as Globederby would point out...

The Mauritian Magician...like it!

thanks Thomass...he did the right thing by going to the front, no pulling that way! and the 3kg made the difference. This horse beat Princess Kereru home in a R75 at Ellerslie a year or so ago, so is better than its current rating would suggest. We cleaned up!

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Weasel said:

thanks Thomass...he did the right thing by going to the front, no pulling that way! and the 3kg made the difference. This horse beat Princess Kereru home in a R75 at Ellerslie a year or so ago, so is better than its current rating would suggest. We cleaned up!

well done your a legend

• Like 1

Pukekohe today

Race 7 #9 Lowprofile

Tavistock mare, fresh up from a decent spell. Broke maidens at just her 4th start (Ruakaka, early Jan) then spelled after a 7th of 7 at Avondale 18 days later.  Won a 935m Open trial narrowly in early May (finishing just ahead of Cyber Attack) ...

Has a 3kg claim today from Ashvin Goindasamy, who rode her in the trial.

FF $9 and $3 ..each way for me ...could win, but may get the stitch in the last 50m or so...certainly one to follow over the next few months, as she strikes me as a progressive mare with a 'turn of foot' 

• Like 1

Te Rapa

R4 #9 Aongatete Express

$35 and $9 FF overnight. Resuming after two trials and has won at this distance so could surprise fresh up. Will benefit from the run and is a bette rbet 2nd 3rd up, but this horse is a good wet track stayer in the making, IMO,. and is worth a bob each way at these odds ..especially as the track is a Dead 5 now but its raining in the misty murky foggy Waikatooooo. One to follow through the Northern winter

Edited by Weasel

Te Rapa

R10 #2 Blue Valley 

Saw the video of this Lope de Vega mare's recent winning 1200m trial. Already a winner overseas and has the Hickman/Autridge factor .. ie broodmare eventually  but likely to be good enough to win a few first to offset expenses, a la Igraine for Trelawney.

FF $9 and $3 is decent each way value for what is likely to be a quality mare who has shown she is 'forward' and has drawn handily (4).

Was pleased to get on augustace today, after I was disappointed with the run at wingatui last Friday,, downside I only got the 64s on tote, 80s fixed was the better deal on the day, this horse formally train by Mr rae in the north I think, change of trainer and did win a trial a few weeks ago.Not a easy task to lead all the way at riccarton. 

20 hours ago, Shad said:

Was pleased to get on augustace today, after I was disappointed with the run at wingatui last Friday,, downside I only got the 64s on tote, 80s fixed was the better deal on the day, this horse formally train by Mr rae in the north I think, change of trainer and did win a trial a few weeks ago.Not a easy task to lead all the way at riccarton. 

Shad, well done mate ... but you're supposed to advise us of your brilliance before the race not after an 80-1 shot comes in!!

• Champ Post 1

1 hour ago, Weasel said:

Shad, well done mate ... but you're supposed to advise us of your brilliance before the race not after an 80-1 shot comes in!!

How true that is, but was that disappointed with it at wingatui last Friday, and to be fair, if it couldn't lead all the way at wingatui, didn't think if could at riccarton from 9 at the barrier, but had to stuck to it, and only decided to back it at lunch time, wandered down to the tab, but couldn't see the fixed odds prices anywhere, have to update my phone, I see you tipped the tavistock horse at invercargill few weeks back, battling run, and never fired last start, not like him, but I see he has had 4 starts in about 5 weeks on the toughest of conditions, I think taken its toll.Big ask in my opinion. 

• 2 weeks later...

Wanganui  River Rat City tomorrow ... 

Can't believe the odds here....and cant believe I coulda got $14-1 earlier

R4 Happy Tav 4th at last 3 starts incl from very wide draw last time. Drawn 3; appr claim 2kg (Holly Andrew); has won on track ..

at FF $9.50, in from $14 …for better or for worser I’m all over this!