Bit Of A Yarn

Best and worse 5 drivers south island

6 hours ago, Rangatira said:

the topic is a bit of a giveaway champ

Well aware what he wrote, but is the North Island being left out for any reason?

You are not allowed to treat Islands differently, just like you are not legally allowed to treat punters differently!!

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, eljay said:

Karrots - no A.G.Herlihy???      Surely you are joking!!!

Haha, if I actually did it properly, my top 5 would be in no particular order, Z Butcher, D Dunn, B Orange, T Williams, N Rasmussen. No sorry Eljay not for my list currently, but Herlihy would of been in my top 5 for sure in his high day. 

Who would you pick for your top 5?

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

• 1 month later...
Guest CrossCodes

Sheree having another shocking day driving today, her drive on Cautious Galleon was abysmal, the horse will win one soon when it gets driven properly. She couldn’t get Afterburner around in one piece, big strong headed horse needs a strong driver, she couldn’t control him. 

2 minutes ago, CrossCodes said:

Sheree having another shocking day driving today, her drive on Cautious Galleon was abysmal, the horse will win one soon when it gets driven properly. She couldn’t get Afterburner around in one piece, big strong headed horse needs a strong driver, she couldn’t control him. 

Cross Codes,

I would love to see a balance in your posts with a positive post, now and again.

All I hear from you is Negative Nancy Pants. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, CrossCodes said:

To be fair,afterburner stopped to a walk.

Just watched dylan ferguson drive in race 1 at cambridge. Very strange,seemed to be steered into a pocket.I remember an amatuer getting 3 months for not taking the big gap on the fence. Good drive by nicky chilcott,completely outdriving D ferguson.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, the galah said:

Just watched dylan ferguson drive in race 1 at cambridge. Very strange,seemed to be steered into a pocket.I remember an amatuer getting 3 months for not taking the big gap on the fence. Good drive by nicky chilcott,completely outdriving D ferguson.

Oh dear I am too busy swanning around on BOAY that I missed the 1st race at Camb.

Ill try and also add balance, Im prob too nice & positive. So here goes a more constructive criticism post. 

I find D Ferg to be a hit or miss driver. I liken it to when I get a photo taken. It's always very hit or miss also 😂

Be great for both of us when it is just HIT, HIT, HIT 😄

Word is tho that he is a very hard worker and will improve with time to become a great driver moving forward 😄 

shrek smile GIF

Edited by Karrots
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, the galah said:

Just watched dylan ferguson drive in race 1 at cambridge. Very strange,seemed to be steered into a pocket.I

That was strange. Lap full of horse 400m out had eased off fence nicely to follow the winner home bend, all excellent so far. Then went back inside it (the 1-1 horse) again??? undid all the good work. got blocked and very lucky to even snatch 3rd. You would only do that if horse very tired. cost himself the win in all probability.

You sure a right with saying Punters wouldn't enjoy that sort of thing with a favourite.

• Like 2

On 4/03/2021 at 5:03 PM, CrossCodes said:

Great drive on Silver Surfer tonight. 

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

On 4/03/2021 at 5:26 PM, Karrots said:

Oh dear I am too busy swanning around on BOAY that I missed the 1st race at Camb.

Ill try and also add balance, Im prob too nice & positive. So here goes a more constructive criticism post. 

I find D Ferg to be a hit or miss driver. I liken it to when I get a photo taken. It's always very hit or miss also 😂

Be great for both of us when it is just HIT, HIT, HIT 😄

Word is tho that he is a very hard worker and will improve with time to become a great driver moving forward 😄 

shrek smile GIF

hes not exactly a novice, how much time?

On 4/03/2021 at 5:03 PM, CrossCodes said:

Another good win by Sheree,had a good weekend with a couple of perfect drives

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

25 minutes ago, whiplash smile said:

I am just saying hes been driving a long time.

A - he was still a junior driver at beginning of this season

B - must be still in 20’s

C - as you stated, people still learn things all the time.

D - as I stated “word is” - which means I did not say it. Which also means how the heck should I know, what the people who said it, as to how long with time to (them) means.

I took it as a positive, a compliment. Viewing it as the glass 1-2 full, oppose 1-2 empty.

I would much prefer someone to describe as will improve with time, oppose will get worse with time.

On 4/03/2021 at 5:18 PM, the galah said:

D ferguson given a 4 day suspension for the drive. Good to see the stipes up there being pro active in policing such drives. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 1/17/2021 at 3:44 AM, eljay said:

no A.G.Herlihy???      Surely you are joking!!!

This guy has been near the best since ever jumping in the sulky as a teen.

As well as the enterprising KRUG drive to win the Derby last week, what a fine horse he has tonight winning in 

Last Tango In Heaven. It won very easily and is gunna be a fantastic horse. Part owned by wife Suzanne.(nee Purdon)

Wonder if the O Purdon in the ownership is Suzanne's brother OWEN. He is in my top 5 north Island drivers. battling it out with A.G.Herlihy and P.T.Wolfenden each week, and doing a great Job of it. Then young brother Mark took over the reins and the wins.

Here's Owen showing great concentration winning with GAME GIRL who is posing for the camera, at Akld.

DSC02112.JPG

On 18/01/2021 at 8:20 AM, Noodlum said:

Maurice Holmes.  The rest are followers.

the rest are followers? of what ? the walking dead?  ancient history?  King Neil Brady the only man you ever need! Even with that twisted nose he was a boxer and would break yours and mickey guerins in one swoop!  Fuckin Crazy good! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gammalite said:

This guy has been near the best since ever jumping in the sulky as a teen.

As well as the enterprising KRUG drive to win the Derby last week, what a fine horse he has tonight winning in 

Last Tango In Heaven. It won very easily and is gunna be a fantastic horse. Part owned by wife Suzanne.(nee Purdon)

Wonder if the O Purdon in the ownership is Suzanne's brother OWEN. He is in my top 5 north Island drivers. battling it out with A.G.Herlihy and P.T.Wolfenden each week, and doing a great Job of it. Then young brother Mark took over the reins and the wins.

Here's Owen showing great concentration winning with GAME GIRL who is posing for the camera, at Akld.

DSC02112.JPG

yep hes the man alright gamma! different times but an astounding gentleman in all aspects! a legend , a champion and a good ol kiwi bloke!

• Like 1